Star Wars

If you’re not gonna address the whole point, don’t address anything. It has fuck all to do with a religious order.

Being in between is literally just opening yourself up to a near insurmountable amount of temptation. You know why that is? Becuase highly trained Jedis dealt with a high amount of it as is. A lot of the Jedi teachings were about controlling your base emotions because that much power was going to lead you to ruin unless you really focused yourself on fighting it.

Look you guys need to review the movies and find out what the issue is with the dark side. Its literally a whole universe built on a simple ass binary overwhelming glue to keep it coherent.

You have force neutral creatures. But those are usually just things that aren’t making any type of moral or ethical decisions. Animals using the force to eat is just living out their nature. Any time you have the ability to misuse the force, you have the ability to go to the dark side of it. Thems the break.

Pretending you’ll have an order of people that can withstand dark side temptation better than any of the on screen Jedis is literally shitty fanfiction.

5 Likes

Pretending you’ll have an order of people that can withstand dark side temptation better than any of the on screen Jedis is literally shitty fanfiction.

Fucking thank you.

How peeps can talk about lore consistency but get attached to this shitty fanfic is legit nauseating. :joy:

6 Likes

I still disagree.

I like where TLJ was going with it. Rey went straight to the dark side. Luke saying the Jedi needed to end. Kylo saying kill the past, fuck the Sith, fuck the Jedi.

I wanted to see that theme explored more, with the result being Rey figuring out a way to channel both sides effectively. Yeah, I know, “That’s not how the Force works, blah blah blah.” That’s why I find it more interesting, I guess.

@Pertho You can continue to insult me and shit on what I would have liked to seen, claiming that idea is “traaaaaash” and “cuckery.” I’m gonna take the high road and not do that to you. But nothing you say will change my mind on this.

1 Like

Why do you assume you’re the first time I saw this? Hell why do you assume anything I said is about you?

I’ve been attacking the idea the whole time. I’m citing the movie themes and lore as to why its bad.

There was no theme. The Jedi were blind because of adhering to strict teachings that inhibited their ability to deal with a situation. That’s what the Sith exploited.

Kylo was blind to how much the dark side ruined his decision making until the end. Rey struggled with it for 2 movies straight. Hell, she straightened out through Jedi training.

There is literally no Grey Jedi nonsense in the movies.

Grey Jedi is like being a Grey Vegetarian that eats meat. It makes zero sense.

Luke much like Qui Gon said fuck the Jedi Order, not fuck Jedi. Kylo is addled by the dark side, of course he says fuck everything.

2 Likes

Because I get a blue notification in the top right corner that says you quoted me, and then tell me it’s trash. Sorry if I misread the context clues, but it felt like a direct response, mostly because you quoted me and directly responded.

So what about Rey? She went straight for the dark side when Luke guided her to touch the Force. Then she goes back alone, in search of the truth of who her parents are. I felt like that was a little bit of a setup for things to come. And I guess it was, as evidenced in TRoS, but not the way I had hoped.

1 Like

I like Grey Jedi.

I don’t care what you fuckers think.

1 Like

The concept of Grey Jedi sounds like a writer who wants his cake and eat it too. It’s too convenient.

1 Like

I don’t like the name Gray Jedi. That implies Jedi dogma, and what I wanted explored is Force users completely outside of that. As teased by the boy with the broom and Luke’s explanation that he believes the Force shouldn’t be owned by the Jedi, I wanted to see where it could go when you don’t have a sionic heritage.

2 Likes

Yea I don’t like the name Grey Jedi itself.

1 Like

Rey was tempted with answers to her parentage much like when Luke’s own vision tempted him to strike Vader in anger.

That’s what the force is. You resist dark side(Jedi) or give in(Sith). There is no middle ground.

Dark side is fueled by negative emotions and the focus of self while light is controlling your emotions, a state of benevolence, selflessness and resisting the dark side.

You cannot be both. The dark side is corruption lol.

You can have both. We have 20 years of EU showing you can have both. Wether you like it or not is a different issue, but the fact is it’s been around for a long fucking time.

1 Like

Yeah, well I thought it would be cool if someone figured out how to call on the dark side without becoming corrupted.

That’s just fan fiction, bruh. And none if that is canon anymore.

1 Like

Where is there lore referencing the use of the light and dark side without the corrupting consequences? There is no I’m grey and gonna toss around lightning in the name of good.

Technically Star Wars anything not written by Lucas is fan fiction.

I’ll take it.

Edit: I don’t remember saying there wasn’t temptation. Did you say that @Chadouken? Did I miss it?

1 Like

No, I didn’t say that.

Look at Anakin, man. Perfect example. He was tempted by the dark side because he was told it could save Padme, and NOTHING bad came of it. Are you even paying attention here?

1 Like

Yeah, she went straight to the dark side and had to deal with that. Then she had to deal with the fact that misusing the force was gonna take her there.

You know what a grey force user is? there’s been one in the whole 9 movies:

Little kid uses the force to pick up a broom and sweep.

That’s basically what you’re asking. Can we have a bunch of force users that aren’t making moral decisions? Yep, you had it. He used the force to pick up a broom and clean some shit.

I still have not attacked you personally. I’ve attacked the idea of Grey BlahBlahs being wack for the story because it goes against the core ideas of it. George Lucas even said as much. Look at this nonsense:

All that being a grey Jedi amounts to is being a regular jedi without going full nutter. That still places you squarely away from the dark side of the force.

The whole point of the dark side is that it preys on your human fallacies to abuse it and then you go deeper. If you aren’t doing that, you’re sitting on the other side.

Eh…the temptation isn’t the one time thing, its a constant that grows unless you actively curve it.

1 Like

You can argue mace walks a very fine middle ground.

1 Like

YODA: If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you, it will.

That was not when Anakin first embraced the Dark Side, nor was it the start of his fall. It was a culmination of instances where he chose the dark side and his negative emotions. Anakin should be the perfect example of Grey failing spectacularly and he isn’t the only one to fail dancing with the light and dark.