Standing Forward

So i see a lot of Q players use standing forward to greet wake ups. I don’t understand this at all. Many characters have great wake ups that will shut this down easy, yet I see a lot of Q players use it, and even with some success.
[media=youtube]318-WtnEkfM[/media]

In this video TM uses it was great success. I don’t get the game behind this. Are they just really afraid to wiff on an wake up and get hit with a CnDB? So the guessing game is 50/50? Block or standing forward? Someone explain this to me. Thanks.

it’s no difference to other characters wake up games really.

You can do following: CnDB, normal throw, high parryable attack, low parryable attack

your opponent will problably mostly be afraid of cndb. If you do a cnbd, your opponent can do following to avoid it: jump, srk or another quick move to poke it out. Srk is risky, especially since Q has a tendency to block on opponent’s wake up more than other characters (at least that goes for me), so often people try to jump, which also can get them out of normal throws. If they do this they can get hit by a mk, and then the Q can easily hit confirm into super. Another reason to why the opponent might get hit is he/she tried to parry low and got hit by the mk, or failed at parrying high, or tried to wake up grab you but if the mk was meaty the mk comes before the grab (at least I think so).

and that’s about it, and it’s not really different from other characters wake up games like I said.

I normally just block or CnDB, but I see that MK also gets you a chance to super which makes it useful and worth it. Thanks.

you really should poke on your opponent more on wake up than doing cnbd so that when you actually do the cnbd it will be unexpected

C&db really isn’t that great at high levels, so that’s why you rarely see it in videos. Yes, it deals a lot of damage, but I’ve met lots of people who can jump out of it on reaction, and even if they can’t they often like jumping on wakeup. The only time you land it is if you’ve trained your opponent to block or parry on wakeup and they’ve made up their mind about what they’re going to do as they’re getting up.

That’s why close standing forward is your most important meaty attack, because it’s fast and combos into Q’s biggest combos; you should always try to keep your charge (yes, charge partitioning is actually useful for Q) and do close standing forward xx dash punch for an easier hit confirm. Like Randomness said, you have to play into Third Strike’s wakeup roulette nonsense by mixing in things like crouching forward to kara throw, crouching forward to close standing forward xx whatever, karathrow, universal overhead, close standing forward to karathrow, crouching short, block, parry, whatever. I don’t know if c&db is even in the top 10 of things to do as the opponent is waking up.

It’s true that close standing forward has like no priority, but in stopping low parries, throws, normals, and non-invincible supers it beats way way more than c&db does.

ya david is right, mixing it up with meaty pokes is how you should get it so they just don’t free forwardparry or wake up everytime.

just standing close then mixing up walk back kara throw and walk back, standing forward is damn fine mix up also.

Getting c&db if anything is just a bonus if they whiff a move that you can grab it on, parry into the grab or you very randomly mix up into it.

Word, thanks for all the good advice. Normally my wakeup game walk up really close and then block looking for a chance to kara. I do this 90% of the time. Then about 10% is CnDB. I will try this out for sure though. Thanks.

ultradavid sucks

q sucks

learn2chunli

/thread.

I’ll take UD over you with one arm tied behind his back, ft100 and you get spotted 99 for 40 G’s bet it!

really? I’ll take that bet too.

I wouldn’t UD don’t even play no more.

40k now plz.

I play Q because I don’ t want to play as anyone in the top 5 (chun). Its hard but fun, and I like the character of the character a lot. Character.

i think you just like the hat, but are too timid to admit to it.

come on out with it…it’s life changing.

I like the shoes.