SSFIV AE 2012 ALL character changes (FINAL )

One meter for EX Demon Flip
One meter for EX Air Fireball

I still think EX Air Fireball is one of the best zoning tools in the game. Anyone know if Akuma will retain the forward trajectory of the EX DF after the air fireballs? Just imagine, EX Flip, Air Fireball (hits in front), trajectory carries him to the other side, and now you’re in a front/back, high/low mixup. Worth it for 2 meters IMO, but I doubt Capcom would be that generous.

No. I’m clearly aware of that. As I stated several times before:

Guy’s EX Run has a follow-up; slide. However, EX run slide has projectile invincibility unlike regular run slide. Therefore, it should be categorized as EX Slide, since it’s clearly different from regular run slide in terms of invincibility, hurtbox, and even active frames.

But it only costs meter to do EX Run, it doesn’t cost another meter to follow up with EX Slide. Same should go with EX Run’s stop follow-up, which gets 1 armour unlike regular run stop.

I’d appreciate it if ppl could tell me where they directly state that it cost 2 meters.

EX Slide doesn’t exist unless done off an EX Run though. EX Air Fireball does.

Not saying it’s 100 eprcent unequivocal proof, but it makes sense.

well seeing as as akuma is apparently the new yun, may as well move to characters that people won’t complain endlessly about.

and bisons st.hk is godlike enough that it didnt warrant a buff.

Wish there was the latest location test footage, because I would highly doubt that move costing 2 meters. Just because EX air fireball costs a meter doesn’t necessarily mean that the move as a follow-up would cost meter as well as you stated (“not 100%”).

Why not? I figure the command list would say something like “Air Fireball (EX version can be performed after EX Demon Flip),” not listed as a follow-up to Demon Flip. The description is that EX air fireball can be used after EX Demon Flip, not that double air fireball is now an option during Demon Flip.

It better cost 2 meters.

Regardless, it’s a new tool that, if nothing else, will allow for more effective chip kills in at least some situations. And maybe it’ll be a good way to get in against some characters if you really need to make something happen. It doesn’t sound super useful if 2 bars outside of that, but who knows, maybe we’ll find some cool stuff. If it’s just 1 bar (and that would be realllllly surprising), then obviously it’s awesome.

Anyway, I’ve been asking for that st rh nerf since forever. Who are two characters who Akuma’s design inherently kills? Gief and Hawk. Who are the only two characters who can realistically expect to punish a -2 frame move from a little distance away? Gief and Hawk (and Hakan u1, Chun super, etc, but those are situational and not even available options for at least half the game). There were also lots of characters who had no good options after blocking a st hk, like Fuerte, who will now be able to function a little bit better after the hk even though they won’t be able to punish. That tiny change could go a significant way to balancing those matchups. Very very smart move imo.

I also continue to think that Akuma players will find new vortex setups after the forward throw’s extra 2 frames of recovery. But even if they don’t… oh no, he’s only a character with
–some of the best escape options in the game
–some of the best mobility in the game (very fast walk speed still, demon flip still, st hk still, etc)
–good mid range options (st hk will still be good just not top 3 normals in the game, sweep still awesome)
–decent fireball game
–good practical combos into sweep into vortex
–lots and lots of interesting setups and traps

I figure this new 2012 Akuma would still end up in high tier in AE. Who knows where he’ll end up in the 2012 tiers, but will he continue to compete for top spot in a major? OF COURSE.

[details=Spoiler]

Same thing actually. The air fireball comes out during demon flip’s animation. It’s not a link or anything like that, it’s a “cancel”. It makes it an option necessarily. If Capcom is not lazy enough to think up of some kind of name, the command list will have one more list as EX air fireball under demon flip’s follow-up, like Hyakkishu > Hyakki Zanku or something like that and stating that it’s possible only on EX.

Oh btw, to clear something up, I’m not stating that it costs 1 meter only, as I don’t know about it at this point as well. I’m just stating that costing 2 meters seems “unlikely”.

It’s getting too late to still discuss about this, but I should’ve mentioned Akuma’s U2, raw and cancel from teleport, to state that there are actually “two versions” of the move which are not the same when used from different conditions.[/details]

you should venture over to the akuma 2012 thread. sky is definately falling

The damage nerf? :rofl:

Nah we are just getting pissed about all the morons who come into our forum and act like they know everything.

This is the first time we have seriously complained about changes. We got nerfed hard going from Vanilla to Super, but most of the nerfs made sense. s.HK nerf from 7 to 8 frames to remove the loop, made sense. Flip recovery nerf, made sense. Going from Super to AE the nerfs were tolerable and for the most part people didn’t complain. And even with that batch there were some rather BS nerfs like the Shaku nerf which essentially removed one of our combos from viability.

This time around the changes make less and less sense.

Based from what people been saying (people who went to the beta loc tests), yes, it costs 2 meters. And something about the trajectory of the fireballs being slightly different, slightly downwards(?) or something.

They’re taking care of a couple problems, the unblockable and the best normal in the game, and they’re at least trying to give him something else to make up for it. I didn’t think demon flip palm needed a nerf, but a fast get-me-in move that’s unfocusable, beats most reversals, is safe on block, and still leads to tricks on whiff is still really good.

I’m not worried about Akuma. This isn’t Zangief, starting out high or high-mid in Vanilla and getting nerfed in every game since. It’s not Guile getting nerfed from Super to AE. It’s not Claw, starting out low tier and getting just the tiniest of scraps in the games since. This is a great character who’s been top half dozen at worst in every iteration so far getting slight nerfs in conjunction with the characters ahead of him (Fei, Yun, Yang, Viper) all getting nerfs too. Not a big problem imo.

The problem is they didn’t take care of the unblockable. They actually are giving us unblockables against Viper, Guile, and didn’t fix the ones against Ibuki. In short it is harder against some characters, but will become easier against others. I’ve been testing this out using the PC edition hack that emulates the throw nerf and I will say the unblockables will still be just the same. I’ve already found alternative set ups that basically allows me to maintain much of the same functionality.

If they really want to fix the unblockables they need to fix the problem which is the game engine itself. Nerfing the throw in the end is not going to do anything because the core problem is still there.

thought we all agreed that that was a vortex nerf anyway.

Oh, that’s stupid to hear. Have you found vortex setups?

Safe jumps against characters with bad wake ups will still be the same. 4 frame reversals will be better against Akuma after a throw.

So in the end the throw nerf did nothing for balance and only made our lives more miserable because wr have to relearn everything.

[details=Spoiler]

Thanks for the confirmation. That is much dumber than I thought.[/details]