SSF4 Arcade/Console now @ Lloyd Center Tilt (Portland,OR)

Hmm…I might have to check this out some time next week…when I’m not doing homework and playing SF4/T6.

Woo! Seems cool to me. Will probably be switched out for Tekken 6 Console soon, so I’mma check out the SF4 soon. Cool shit, I say more options is good options. It could be better, but it could be non-existent. Like it was.

Also totally not illegal lol.

Update: The system is down for the moment. Apparently, the cabinet in Springfield caught fire (!) and they’re gonna try to fix this problem (go 360!) before setting it back up again.

Call in advance to see if it’s running, to avoid disappointment - (503)282-7201

It was up and running fine yesterday. Still taking a while to get used to the sticks, and the start buttons pause the match if the buttons are even lightly brushed, but the machine itself looks to be working all right.

Sweet, I’ll probably be checking it out this afternoon then. (Saturday)

http://img517.imageshack.us/i/sf4y.jpg/

So there is the machine (and my soda)

First things first, THE MACHINE ONLY TAKES R-E-A-L money. It doesn’t take TILT tokens (for some reason) So only dollars and quarters here folks.

So I have a few mixed reviews on this machine.

The buttons look like their Sanwa but it doesn’t feel like it, they feel like a bit of a knock off.

Its a square gate so our lost and confused (read: Octagon Gate) friends will have to get used to it.

The USB spots feel very off in where they are, kinda randomly on the top of the machine.

Also everything is REALLY close together, practically nut hugging sometimes and, maybe it was just the players, but it looked like the machine was unstable during [strike]RYU[/strike] Street Fighter 4.

Then again, maybe I’m just picky haha.

Ray and I were bumping elbows, if you know what I mean. Like, physically, it was totally lame. And since it’s two players for one TV, I definitely saw some shaking action, but only when those two Ryu players were playing. Still, hard to play Viper in such an uncomfortable situation. (ok maybe I just suck alright but I had an easier time playin’ Rufus so maybe yjdk yeah? =)

On a Tilt related note I totally got a four win streak in T6 all on that BROCK guy’s friend, who also played Lili. Four Lili mirrors in a row. It was pretty disgusting. :confused: :rofl:

so wait there are usb slots on the machine?

Yeah, the USB slots are right above the Start/Select buttons (which are in the middle) but I don’t know if they are online or not

The USB slots might never be allowed for use. This only means that players will have access to the Tilt profile and “accidentally” erase the SF4 or other save files. Fuck that.

As mentioned before, I don’t wanna stare at the clock run down as someone is changing their buttons (If using their own pad/stick). This keeps things simple.

I only have 3 issues with this cabinet. One, sometimes a person will press start on accident. Two, the right analog stick placement (below the short/forward kick buttons). Three, the machine is on wheels, so someone who plays Earthshaker Zangief will move the cabinet around.

BBH - What are your thoughts on this cabinet?

Its not short and forward.

Its light kick and THE FOOT! or something like that.

But yeah, the whole thing with the ability to access the save file isn’t a good idea at all.

Hey Slash next time you go up there let me know i’ll go with ya. Want to see what all the camotion is about.

Well yesterday was kind of a spur of the moment since I was with my mom dropping my dad off at the airport

I checked it out yesterday and all in all it was OK. Slash you are right the buttons and the joystick are hella close. I kept wanting to use strong as my jab. For some reason it just made my hand cramp up. There was only one other player who played sf4 there so I played the CPU most of the time. Needless to say I won’t be going back unless it’s with a group.

I’m passing by from a trip to seattle and I found this place and just all I can say while trying to not be a jerk is that this place fails =T

Pros

• CvS2
  • MvC2
  • third strike (sadly american cabinet)
  • SSf4 (could tell no one plays there though)
  • surprised they had Chaos =)

Cons
-no one is there =(
-timer on ssf4 wtf is that about…$1 for 7 min…don’t think so
-Rubbing elbows (my imaginary friend was there)

Overall
Would be better if people showed up? :coffee:

Can somebody just replace SS4 with tekken on that thing so somebody would at least play on it.

not as long as vanilla is around…and people do play…just not often.