SSF4 AE Rose Match-up Thread

I am having trouble with Decarpe, she is insanely fast.

you can focus most of her attacks (slide and triangle move, even EX).
be careful of her reversal up-down charge move, Decapre players are getting extremely trigger-happy with it. bait those and punish with c.mp -> ex spiral.
throw sparks from outside of slide range, and he closes in, close in even more. i believe rose has better upclose normals than decapre but mid-range seems even.

learning how to deal with bullshit online shenanigans can not be taught :frowning:

so i just came from a tournament where i went 3-2 i was in top 8 but i ended up losing to a Bison and a Abel. I need to know what should I do against Bison because i had no idea what to do. is that a good match up for rose? also for Abel what are Rose best tools to keep him from going crazy?

Luffy’s Rose tierlist chart was posted over at Eventhubs.

6-4:
Deejay
Poison
Hugo
Abel
C. Viper
Dudley
Dan
E. Honda
El Fuerte
Sakura
Feilong
Gouken
Ken
Sagat
T. Hawk

5-5:
Decapre
Balrog
Chunli
Guile
Zangief
Elena
Gen
Hakan
Makoto
M. Bison
Oni
Rolento
Ryu

4-6:
Blanka
Cammy
Dhalsim
Guy
Ibuki
Akuma
Adon
Cody
Juri
Rufus
Evil Ryu
Seth
Vega
Yang
Yun

What do you guys think of this list?

As a Guile player, Rose has a big advantage due to her metre building and her combos taking off absurb damage. I personally don’t think Guile can win the match up if played properly.

Rose is now my second main character and she is definitely strong. I also got used to EX reflecting an EX boom and Guile players I have played get caught off guard and get hit as they were not expecting it.

The moment you see Guile flash you know an EX is coming. I usuallyrefrain from fireballing when I see Guile with metre.

Against Gouken, you just have to be careful not to get too predictable with reflecting projectiles as you he would generally try to use say demon flips to get in. I think it is good to deal with goukens projectives by absorbing to build the super metre and focus absorbing to build the ultra metre.

Soul throw can be done on reaction if you see the demon flip real early, but it is not always reliable.

The things to watch out for Against Gouken are his back throw if he has Ultra 1 loaded, since it is by far his easiest set up and not let him hit confirm certain attacks that lead to a fat combo. Not getting too predictable with the roses footsie game will also help to reduce the chances of eating that damn reversal. his focus attack is deceptively good but not as good as evil Ryu.

Can somebody explain why Luffy has listed Rose vs Dudley as 6-4?
What is it that gives dudley trouble in this match up?