SSF4 AE 2012 Thread

^yep =) …srry if I may have lashed at you at some point lol

What do you mean by “other fighters to market”?

This would be true if they removed auto guard in Street fighter 4. Frame traps are more about luck than timing in this game

Different games, like Mk9, SFxT or even SF3

Depends on matchup. Against non-reversal guys like Dudley, Guy, Cody, you’ll probably land many.

I fully agree! I dont like the method of balancing by nerfing characters (in the worst case, like it will perhaps happen, the pros abandon their character and so will the casual gamer as result, so the characters will drop to burial). It would have been very interesting to see, how the games does, by just buffing any other character (as capcom in general did). Or by just nerfing the hongking trio in health (I dont understand, why capcom dont tweak the balance at the health bar), with this they dont change they gameplay at all, but give other characters a better chance of winning (and they dont change other matchups by buffing a character). But thats just my opinion.
I think bison did suffer a little bit from this update. Balrog will be very awsome again with his huge headbut buff, Guile is even stronger again. So the charge characters might be back and bison might be not the strongest of them anymore (in general), though I admit that he still will do probably very good against the new toptiers.

I was testing cr.lk x 4 against guile today. I think the hit box got nerfed? Could’ve sworn this works in Vanilla AE. You can combo with a s.lk after the 3 cr. lk into scissors though. I haven’t tested it with other characters.

Figured that was you, I think I only played you twice. Hit me up for some mirrors I think I tried to send you a request but your list was full. I don’t have much offline experience so learning from mirrors from tournament players are always good!

actually, my XBL ran out so Im using a free month subscription. Send me a friend request to “aka Grouchy” so we can play =) …THAT GOES FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY AS WELL :D. (I’m back home for my winter break so I’m pretty bored lol)

is it just grouchy_ thought it was business at the end?

No, im on XBL. It’s just “aka Grouchy”…my “GrouchyBusiness” account ran out. What’s your gt?

psychoabo12tion, sending you a request in a few

Some characters have shorter hurtbox at their feet.
Regularly, you can’t cr.lk x4 or CloseHP link into Cr.LK. Guile is one of them. Rog,Seth, Adon, Juri mess thing a bit too.

After FADC, though, Bison gets much closer than usual. It gets easier this way.

Add Guy to that list most of the time, well after a crossup anyways.

Thanks. I don’t remember the full list. Heheh. It usually has to do with their stance. Same goes for Guile and Rog’s reduced hurtbox against everything.

U sure about that ?? I hope u are right :slight_smile:

Bison surely not low tier and not even top tier , he is well balanced IMO , most of his match ups are 5-5 , except that game breaker Guile 7-3 , I think guile underrated in AE (11 & 12) he actually could beat the twins and fei in AE , now he can Ra-pe them for good, anyways

By the way why do people see bison as an easy character and a very lame conservative style ?
I dont see him easy :/, as a charge character I see guile and honda the lamest and most conservative

easy to learn basics and intermediate.
Going advanced with him requires lots of matchup relevant info such as:

-Best pokes (s.hk is nowhere good against every character)
-Anti air (s.mp, cr.hp, s.hk, ultra1, neutral jumps)
-Best distance between you and the opponent (Rufus and Cammy =/= Ryu for example)
-Who you’re supposed to lame against.
-What to do when blocking (mash teleport, try reversal ex psycho, cr.tech)
-Ultra and how to use them (if the opponent can be chipped etc)
-Long range Followup tools: Headpress and Psycho Cross uses (some opponents can’t even punish them).
-Escape tools: Devil Reverse and Psycho EX uses (who can punish them)
-How to avoid (and even punish back) adversaries who use Option Selects

About being lame… its matchup info.
Bison’s defensive techniques are not universal. They protect you better against some than others.
While you can and must lame against balrog, honda, zangief, dhalsim, I don’t think you’ll be able to handle Guy, Fuerte, Viper for example. The safest option is to remain in a certain position where you can go offensive too (the best defense is a good offense applies here).

Haha, we have played and have had unkind words on XBL. Oh the drama…

don’t know who you are, but I have my settings turned on so that players not on my friend list can’t send me any messages

I was on your friends list. Vision I Ma