SSF4 AE 2012 Guile Video Thread: Return to Respectability

I’ve never seen s.lk used so well before!
I’ll have to recheck Guile’s normals that sacrifice his back charge, because they may have more priority against other moves.
I hope people test how well it does against cr.mk

[media=youtube]hD-PKIu6jsU&feature=player_embedded[/media]

**This guy have videos of everyone’s hitbox in SSF4 including Guile. **
http://www.youtube.com/user/BboyKnoLedge#p/u/132/UojzEDROIMM
(also from srk: http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=234787)

here is a video of me against a decent Dictator.

[media=youtube]JKmhc5uIGvA[/media]

kyotojin (guile) vs daigo (ryu)

which is actually probably a good thing. if you’d known it was him, you might have played differently…for all the wrong reasons.

in general, we should never be in awe of playing pro players, as long as we know we have the skills to back it up. frickin’ free 1 up took a round off daigo and convincingly too i might add. i myself have beaten a couple of french tournament players and a very well known rose player. i think a lot of people going up against daigo/justin wong are beaten before they even play (“OMG i’m playing justin wong”). just remember, they are human and can be beaten.

Wow. That’s really cool.

dude, thanks. I did exactly as you advised. I played him today, I gave him a good beating. when he was far away, I threw SBs, anytime he was close, I did not throw a single SB. I took the fight to him. I’ll try uploading the video. Anyway, thanks. Abel is still a tough match though.

I wasn’t paying attention to the fight; I was paying attention to the number of (random?) button presses that the Ryu was pressing. Then I see Guile’s. So clean.

Anyway, I’d figure I’d share one of my “lolwut” matches against a DeeJay.

[media=youtube]vRKvTDVJfWM[/media]

I finally ran into GeoM MoDInside the other night. He beat me both rounds but I felt I kept up with him for the most part. I’m the first match on the video…

dude, you played well. but both times when you got him with the j.HK, cr.MP then EX SB why did you EX SB instead of EX FK?

haha, no idea why. i never do that. i always punish with cr. MP > FK.

[quote=“Wikum, post:23, topic:100200”]

kyotojin (guile) vs daigo (ryu)

=-O woah… i never thought i would see a Guile beat Daigo’s Ryu… oh super Guile yer so damn sexy.

Not really a Guile video thing, but does anyone have a hook-up for a torrent of that DVD which was included with the JP release of Super?

Go ahead and take a look at this other recording, I will keep uploading to youtube if you guys think they are worth watching. It takes me 2 hours to upload 100 megs to youtube. Sucks!

newjoa(ryu) vs monsterer-(guile)

[media=youtube]Qkl-IPp3yrw[/media]

win a fight with shades on. Priceless!

Second match of this vid and this is also gonna be my last game with Guile.I will drop my main Blanka and my second Guile for a while and try to learn Ken in the next 3 months.

[media=youtube]3rxY22_e76A[/media]

Warahk vs Tatsu (VE) 25:20 - First to 10

Check out them lamb chops! Cutie!

Update: nice to see the c.mp beat out Claw’s dive; thought I was the only one trying that shit :wink:
Update 2: Noticed you missed a few potential juggles off early fk with ex.fk - maybe that’s not your flavour though. Also, love the use of the b.hk(close) - definitely adding more into my game.
Update 3: Good to hear your review; Tatsu was 100% in your head.

Also noticed from FK to U2 trades as well. Perhaps you weren’t expecting it to happen?

But wow, so many links connected by Tatsu. O_O

And the Anti crossup lk.super to U2 was very nice.

I usually upload about 10 to 15 matches per night. They’re all high quality videos (approximatly 200 to 300mb’s) and takes me about 30 minutes to get them viewable. I also have playlists created by player submission. You can hit me up or send me a pm. I’d be more than happy to help you upload your matches. Anyone else whom would like their replays up can hit me up as well.

Here’s a sample of the quality of the matches.
[media=youtube]0CRRHPHp2nY[/media]

Neither should really be used in a combo–the proper punish for a jump in is either c.mp xx rh.fk or c.mp xx lp.sb > backfist (does more damage but no knockdown).

Using EX meter in a combo as Guile isn’t necessarily the best idea, it’s not like other characters where we gain some kind of positional advantage or extraordinary damage opportunities. We get 50 more damage on a boom (which you could get more just using a lp boom and backfisting) or we get 20 more damage on a fk (which is shitty).

Those numbers are actually lower, after combo scaling.

there is nothing I can do with my internet connection. It is slow. I would like some feedback as to what are you guys using to record the videos. I am using an ipod ,lol

ohhh, I get it, you can also access my videos if I set up an invitation to watch videos. Sounds good, that idea never crossed my mind.

Yes, I will add you tonight.

I use a hauppauge HD PVR and a laptop with 8mb RAM (i3 processor) to record. It’s all downloaded raw directly from the PS3 to the laptop in High Def. I also have a 15mb u/l so as far as pushing matches onto youtube. It’s uber speed for me.

(sorry for going off topic).