SRK's Bison 2017 Patch List

Add more strike invincibility to EX head stomp. It is way too easy to bully Bison for some characters. Giving him a means to escape without relying on predictable V-Reversals would help with that.
Fix the hitboxes of his AAs. With cr. HP being as slow as it is and his other AAs having rather severe limitations, he really shouldn’t be trading as often as he does.
Enlarge the hitbox of his V-Reversal. The Birdie match-up gets funky because you literally can’t V-Reversal a lot of his standing normals and V-Reversal is often your only option of stopping an opponent’s momentum. I tried it with other characters and it works for them. Given how dependent Bison is on V-Reversal since he lacks an invincible reversal or 3 frame normals, it really shouldn’t have such a deceptively tiny hitbox.

Gents I don’t know what he needs, but he needs something so I can stop breaking my desks. Bison induced salt has caused me to break my Hori stick and 2 desks.

Oh yeah, I’d definitely like EX-Head Press to have the invincible frames stated in the guides…

**EX-Head Press - 1-4f invincible. ** I’m convinced it’s a bug or it is misprinted on all mediums or it only works on a proper reversal status

http://i.imgur.com/UZJZKuW.png

TC overhead but not a combo I think it’s a cool idea, they block MP than you could go for regular frame trap into cr MP, a low hit cr MK, overhead or Axe. It whold give him scary options after a blocked MP, of course he whold be +2 if the TC overhead hit, he could VT cancel that to get a combo.

3 frame stand jab.
Slightly faster forward and back walk speed. Make cr mp counter hit combo into itself. Make cr hp come out 2-3 frames faster and lower Bisons hurt box
Make head stomp actually track correctly, especially ex and even more so in vt!

That’s all I’d like to see and he’d be very viable.
But my super wish list is, give him a command grab! He has no mix up right now, and his normals have the speed of grapplers but he isn’t one. I’m saying just one that leads to small damage and no real oki. Just enough to give the opponent a reason to jump. He’d actually be scary when pressuring then.

Sorry, double post, but he needs to lose less v meter when using vt specials. Or the rest of the cast needs to at least follow this rule cough Chun and Ken!

-vskill parry low
-vskill while VT can parry 2 hits like (EX-hados)
-faster c.HP startup
-correct hurtbox on devil reverse,head press,blast
-low invicibility on knee press
-add 1f invicibility on EX-head press
-TC is overhead
-faster downfall on devil reverse
-faster parry on vskill
-faster knee press on VT
-correct head press tracking
-more hitsun on c.MK/c.MP
-add a slow EX-blast (MP+HP)
-beta1 dash and teledash forward and backward in VT
-vskill give more vmeter
-add 5% of stun & damage

This is my first post on this website, I’m on my phone and couldn’t figure out how to bold properly so sorry about that!

1. Better anti air, st jab working similar to Alex’s would be ideal, given how poorly bison can position himself with that walk speed. And/or at least a much improved lower hurt box and quicker startup on cr hp 7-8f (plus full 100 dmg even on the later active frames, rather than 70.)

2a. 3f normal. Cr jab would be easiest, but that’d be one hell of a normal (+3 on block and 3f startup.) However I think the following change of frame data would be best: 3f cr lk (like sf4). The move is only +3 on hit so +5 on counter which would be common after pyscho axe/ex scissors blocked. Which brings us to 2b to synergize.

2b. Cr mp reduced startup by 1f which will allow the cr lk to link into it on CH. Also having a 5f cr mp will allow for much better punish opportunities in common situations like ken DP vt cancel for example. And of course having a 3f normal helps defensively which is a big point of weakness.

1. Faster dash 22f>18f, no teledash in non vt mode bc it telegraphs, obviously invincibility removed. No change for vt dash. His normal dash is too slow and telegraphed as it is, if they reduce input lag it’ll mainly be only useful as a random surprise when the opponent is focused on something else.

2. Slight increase in forward (2.0 => 2.3) and backward (2.3 => 2.6) walk speed. Right now if you knock down a character with a DP and dash up to bait/shimmy, you are just a little too slow to step out of grab range as they wake up. The slightly quicker walk speed will help his footsies out considerably as well.

3. Increase startup strike invincibility on ex headstomp by 1f. Somebody above mentioned how the ex headstomp doesn’t have the 1-4 strike invincibility it’s supposed to have. It does have it, it’s just that bison only leaves the ground on frame 6 with that move, compared to on frame 4 for a neutral jump. So you end up with 1 vulnerable grounded frame in counter hit state, frame 5. If you increase the strike invincibility by 1f to cover his grounded frames, then at that point if you get hit on your way up you still get counter hit and don’t get a totally safe escape, but at least you get hit while being airborne which is far preferable to eating a grounded combo. FANG for example has a much better ex strike invincible escape option. And in VT, bison is airborne on frame 8, so either extend strike invincibility 3 total frames in that mode or make him airborne on frame 6 like non VT.

4. Damage buffs: Bison’s normal infernos & scissors need to do 10 more dmg and 30 more stun. Scissors go from 70/80/90 to 80/90/100. Inferno from 90/100/110 to 100/110/120. Stun increased by 30 for all of them. Pyscho ball damage increased to 80, stun unchanged. VT non-ex specials should get the 10 dmg and 30 stun boost as well in the same way. VT super should do an additional 30 or so damage like so many other characters, especially considering the dmg and stun bison can get with a full ex gauge in VT without super. VT super needs to be more enticing.

5. VT shouldn’t drain when using specials, only specials canceled into ex specials. With possibly an exception to non-ex head press/ DR to avoid potential spamming against certain characters.

6. V-skill reduce startup by 1-2f and extend hitbox much lower to be able to parry lows. During VT it should get some sort of interesting buff, such as absorb 2 hits, build ex gauge, better juggles, etc.

7. Scissor kicks should be low invincible/ airborne much earlier in their active frames than they are now. And DR hurtbox should be toned down just a bit.

One thing I just thought of the other day that I think really could help Bison is an invincible reversal. Now I’ve seen some people talking about ex scissors or ex head stomp, but both those moves would break the rules in this game of invincible reversals needing to be crush counter punishable. So what I would suggest is make his ex inferno an invincible reversal, but make it -13 or whatever on block and crush counter punishable. I would also make the start up a bit faster to make it a viable option as an invincible reversal. This would not only give him a much needed get off me move, but it would also give him a viable anti air that would beat everything at the cost of a bar of meter, which is totally fair. Now this move used to be safe, but it already had really little utility, and was just a combo ender anyway, that wouldn’t change. The only utility it used to have was giving you a move to cancel into without hit confirming and be safe, but you have other options already that don’t cost meter, but they do take charge. In the end I’m willing to lose that to have a viable defensive option. Bison deserves a reversal, he shouldn’t be completely free on wake up. He doesn’t have the tools to justify such wack defense.

Cool thing to had to Bison, not only make it faster but make his normal dash projectil invincible from start to end, fighting chars like Guile, Nash or Chun whod be much easyer. He has the worst walk speed in the game, he deserves a good dash.

You know making Bison’s Dash much more or completely projectile invincible would’ve been brilliant.

Like making it completely projectile invincible outside of VT (but remove current invincible frames) but during VT make it invincible to everything would’ve really been unique.

Still needs to be faster though.

So what happened to our lists?

The SRK list was recently sent out without any character specific balance changes.

Just 1 balance change for Bison will do me.

Complete invincibility from frame 1 to 5,940.

Gimme back EX-Psycho Crusher

EX Psycho Crusher would solve all his issues. It’s just not gonna happen though :frowning:

Regular and Ex Inferno being a invincible reversal would do the same job; from my point of view he desperately needs a reversal and Cr.Hp work as a reliable AA, those two things would improve him considerably.

I don’t think it would solve all his problems, there are many things to change and fix, but If he had it right now he would be mid tier easily.

EX inferno being a reversal also means that it cannot stay at -1 on block. I would prefer having EX Headstomp as our option of getting out of pressure. As a trade off, they could make his aerial movement slightly worse but make the regular ones better (we get more left/right control)

I don’t see any problem with Ex Inferno stop being -1, it should work precisely as DP leave him in CC state; ask Ryu, Ken, Cammy, Nealli, Karin, Guile, Rashin if they they care their reversal are punishable. Would give Inferno diversity by stop being a mere combo finish, Ex Headstomp been or out pressure would be a safe way to escape, Capcom apparently want to get away as much as possible of this kind of options, the whole thing now with Bison not having a invincible reversal like SF4, it’s because in that game he was able to escape almost all situations; that won’t happen here, if we used or invincible reversal (inferno) like crazy we get a CC.