SRK Online Tournament Thread: THE ETERNAL DEBATE! FIRST ROUND MARCH 14th

delfino is like the best diddy kong stage ever

Just an idea take it how you want, but I think it would’ve been cooler if we didn’t Get to pick our stages and instead were randomly assigned one.
Reason being is everyone us just gonna pick and play the stage they feel they have advantage on so what do they care of they win any other ones.
I think it would be more exciting if you either got lucky and received your stage or you fight to earn it.

Entrants instead suggest a stage for potentially random assignment.

Leave as much RNG out of this as possible.

just saying since the unique aspect of this tourney is to collect stages to later play on.

it kinda defeats the purpose if you automatically pick the one you feel the strongest on.

The main inception behind the idea is the kind of stuff Po is talking about: Learning different stages other than the well known neutrals. I didn’t want to butcher someone at the kneecaps by randomly giving them pyrosphere. This way, they get to maximize how their characters work in tandem with their stages

exactly with the random aspect you force them to learn different stages or lose.

also what i was getting at is that the only stages that are suggested by entrants can be up for random assignment.

Only one per entrant

Character: Sonic
Stage: Windy Hill Zone

Actually CG change my second character to Fox.

Nope, you gotta use the one you signed up with.

Link and Shulk

Got a wii u!

Characters: shulk and villager

Stage: gamer

Characters: Sonic and Rosalina

Stage: Pilotwings

Time to hang out under a plane.

Reading is fundamental.

Dammit. Changed.

so i was wrong about delfino being the best diddy stage ever

halberd is the best diddy stage ever

Sonic is super cheap on Halberd.
Just saying stay of the top platform cause up throw up b up air kills at like 30 percent

problem with diddy on it is that diddy’s uair is just too ridiculous overall, and throw anywhere at around 80 can be a KO

A reminder that the tournament is TOMORROW at 9 PM EST.

Bracket http://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=6BMaOeS8Yz

I need the following NNIDs:
@Sir_Tubbsy (In his sig. Will add when I get home)
@Davidstar
@Smashbro29

Pretty sure I have everyone else, though.

Follow-up question: How is the first stage decided?

We added a coin toss bot some time ago to the IRC. The command is !flip