SRK Members: Lighten Up

Cool. I hope people read it. If it is still more or less intact when info on Qanba and the new Horis are more widespread, can I PM you to edit it?

Yeah, definitely.

Oh jesus, thanks for writing something about gates up there. I forgot to cover that.

I edited your post for length. Hopefully you don’t mind. People on the internet have absolutely no attention span. If you see anything I butchered let me know.

It’s a great noobie guide so far. I suggest adding a link to slagcoin somewhere such as:

No worries here. Probably a good idea. :wink:

Yeah, definitely. Slagcoin is amazing.

: Tech Talk Intro/Rules/Essentials (Read Before Posting!)
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=209057

I’m thinking that this thread Title needs maybe “Tutorial links” and “Info” added to it.

I think that if we increased the font size for the thread for noobies to a huge size that will make it impossible to miss or even a different text color like red it would stop a lot more peepz from doing this kinda shiz and keeping noon posts down to a min.

If someone can come up with a better title for this it’s fine. I suck at title-ing threads.

This would be the best solution, imo:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/aria/buttons/newthread.gif

I actually LOL for real (made a sound in real life and not in my head)

I came into this thread expecting a guide on how to install LED lights or something.

TECH: FAQs-Tutorials-Info-PCBs-Wiring-Links! The “Your question has already been answered!” Thread

Maybe a newbie forum is in order?

I mean, with the influx of new members, perhaps a place could be created where the stringent rules of the other forums could be relaxed a bit and allow people to "learn the ropes" so that they will come out looking like a champ. Alot of people ending up here are 13-14 year old kids who just got SF4 and are looking to learn a bit about fighting games and they just end up trolling till ban because someone tells them off after every post they make.

Oh shit Kazujiro, that is a smart idea. Like if you have never posted in the tech talk area, it will take you to that post and you have to scroll down and accept it. If someone still makes a post even though they read it or just skipped it, instant ban lol.

I like being an asshole to new kids on the forum.

There’s a big difference between actively being an asshole to the new people, and having a sense of standards. If I rebuff someone (which admittedly is rare since I far more often just ignore the thread if it’s retarded) it’s because I think that being forced to go do their own research is far better both for themselves and for the forum as a whole. If people aren’t willing to lurk for even a day and read the stickies, then I honestly don’t see them as someone who belongs on tech talk. Any advice given to them would just be wasted.

On a related note, I’d love to see a list of questions under the heading of “If you have to ask any of these, the answer is no. You are not skilled enough to do it”.

I think many of us are forgetting about the number of people that never had to make a new thread or even create a new account at all because they did properly used the stickied threads and the forum search and found the answers to their questions.

Of course it’s easy to only be aware only of those who waste forum space expecting others to do the research for them, and I’m not entirely sure a better newbie guide will noticeably reduce the number of these threads popping up. A newbie forum might work, but you’d have a much better chance of having your question answered, newbie or not, in the more specific forums.