Spy Headquarters : C. Viper General Discussion

Needs more double jump.

Actually, when I first saw promo vids and whatnot of Viper, I saw the BK being done in the air 99% of the time. I figured it was an air-only that was being TKed the few times I saw it coming out low… basically, I thought it was Johnny’s Ensenga. Then Seismo = Eddie Drill. It’s all coming together!

Ahh, I guess I never bothered to check the Gallery… ever. Thanks for the heads up.

Almost all matches were recorded, but 80% of the time I had to play on a jap joystick since the majority was 360. It was fucking lame as hell, and because it was a team tourney I was stuck with Viper. Next time I know, though.

But anyways, I did have a good match in singles with Dr. Chaos. I won one then lost one with Viper, vs his Ken…then final game lost with Chun :lol:. It might be uploaded sometime.

That was like the only time I got to use my own joystick with Viper. :|.

Luckily, Sabin carried our team for free for the win. My other partner was just high as a kite, and I couldn’t do shit on xbox switch sticks…needed my p360. So that’s how it ended up…

I dunno, Viper may not be THAT serious judging by her win quotes. She’s not above having a night on the town, drinkin’ with her lady friends…rating her male opponents’ attractiveness (Dan > Ken >>> Vega)…making brutal jokes about Bison’s outfit…giving unsolicited advice for picking up men…gushing over her daughter on a cell phone in the middle of a fight…

I think the best part about Viper’s character design is the fact that she’s well balanced. one-half “serious super spy” + one-half “30 something, swingin’ momma” = the premise for a TNT original series. Don’t act like you guys wouldn’t watch it.

Damn refraxion, Alt 4 is my choice too - it says it pink, but it comes as a nice purple color. :slight_smile:

What’s wrong with you guys, her alt is so cool.

If I remember right, her zero suit concept one looks like a spacesuit or something.

Her alt reminds me of Gambit which is my favorite X character, it just looks cool. Plus when you hit it with the alt 10, it looks like some MGS3 camouflage coat/cape and it sways with the wind/moves. Then you get them with the seismo explosives and it completes the theme.

If I meet someone that takes alt 10…it’s a hard choice after that. Alt 1, 2, 3, and 4 are all good choices. The black might be too plain, so take that away and I’ll be left with 1, 3, and 4. They’re all just too cool, it would be random.

I’ve only seen 1 player from Japan use alt 10, so it’s kind of unique to me and a signature :karate:.

I think normal 4 and 5 are pretty nice as well.

I use a mix of original #1, alt #1 alt #3 and alt #4, rarely I’ll use the dark green one.
I said this in another thread but… make her jab siesmo like captain commando’s! All up in the air like. Course there is some balancing issues there but it would be so cool.
Make her alt her original and make her alt the zero suit, problem solved!

I’ve finally been winning with Viper (my BP went down to zero, and I could never win a G3 championship.) I haven’t played much Ranked lately, but I just made it to G2. Two big problems right now:

1. I still haven’t gotten a damn stick. Nuff said.

2. I’m too used to Ken scrubs online. I play every match, every matchup like there could be a random shoryuken anytime. So I have a kinda start & stop offense where I pause every few seconds to block a counter-attack.

Don’t worry about the stick, everything is do-able without one.

Those gaps of defense you have in between your offense; just replace them with feints

Haha I have used alt 10 since the costume pack came out… heh. If someone uses alt-10 I use reg 10 or something. Its funny all the japanese players seem to use the same alt colors. Lots of alt red or the purple. And I think fz uses alt blue now.

Alt #1 or Alt #8

Obviously she’s so cool she wears her sunglasses at night…so any outfit works.

i bet they are prescription.

Perscribed to bring the pain, I believe.

Anyways, before this weekend I never really used M.BK, it was always heavy or Light.

But damn if it doesn’t help your mixup if you get blocked on a jump in fierce/light kick.

Made quite a few players very mad doing crossups for 75% of their life.

I was wondering why I liked her alt over her original, and I pinpointed it.

It was the pants. The tight business woman pants (or man?) wasn’t all that cool. They should have gave her a suit skirt or something.

In her alt, she has like…the skin tight thing with it going down into her boots.

Yeah FMR…the alt 10 is badass so you know what’s up. They do use a lot of the same colors in Japan…I’ve seen a good amount of blue as well. I don’t think I’ve seen a single black, brown, or that nasty ass blue.

Good thing all her alts are awesome (except that #9 which appears white but gives her a shiny blue)…because if the PS3 owner doesn’t have all the colors unlocked, it’s not a big problem.

Oh and I always thought fierce feinting with the blue or purple alt looked extremely sexy. I see why people like those colors now.

edit: I just read Aumni’s posts, too damn good lol.

As for burning kicks, short one to reversal/front burning kick…medium one is good for juggling in the corner into ultra reliably. Sometimes the heavy one makes you go too far or some shit, I’ve messed it up because of that. I’m not 100% but if I jump at them with the right angle…I prefer medium over heavy burning kick to cross up/hit uppercuts. I’m sure there’s no difference in the air, but she appears to land closer/faster for close shorts/throws and all that good stuff. That’s about all I can think of for medium burning kick.

I need to start adding people from the Xbox live thread. That way we can have a ‘Who can do the most FFFs’ in a single match competition.

And ‘Who can do the most/fastest Seismo feints with meter before messing up’

And the ‘Predict my cross up’ game.

And so on.

Edit: Oo oo. And a ‘Who can do the most SJC seismos in a row.’

My main colours are Original#3, 4 and 9. I would use Original #2 but everyone uses that, lol.

Well, I’ve being working on my execution in training constantly, and I’m somewhat consistent in doing FFF combos and Seismo chains on both sides. Not great, but I’m better than I was before. Generally have no problems doing SJC Burning Kicks anymore, which is good. Stil need to do a lot more work however. I was going to drop Viper in favour of Ryu until I got a stick, but now I’ve changed my mind, I want to continue torturing myself using her on a pad, lol, she’s too awesome a character to stop using.

I like her regular outfit better, but that weird line on her stomach really bothers me, so I use the alt quite a bit.

Haven’t put in a whole lot of time with Viper. I need to get my stick together first.

My main color is Alt #4, awesomesauce. :smiley:

we must do battle for alt #4