Spy by Day MILF by Night: The C. Viper Thread

Great thread name… YEAH…

Storm and C. Viper confirmed for MVC3 News - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net
It’s on viper’s reveal trailer. You can see that it functions just like a focus attack, and it may not be worth using if you are low on health.

That’s a bit misleading. According to the character video, she TAKES damage while charging up the FA.
At 0:36 she starts charging and lets it rip at 0:38, taking all the damage from Wolverine’s berserker barrage.

Its an FA in that it can take hits and lead to a crumple, but it seems like the damage you take isn’t grey damage (rather the reguler red damage).

Im not surprised, and yet excited as if i was surprised. She was never my type of character in SFIV but here I can definitely see me using her. Im a little concerned with the Focus attack aspect of her moveset though…i wonder how many hits she can take from it? Can she sit there and eat a triple team hyper as long as she has the HP? Still she looks like a great addition and transitioned well.

Sorry Captain Commando, Viper has arrived.

Updated the first post with better vids.

I’m guessing/hoping her assists will be seismic hammer, EX TK as that’s the only one I’m sure of that goes through projectiles, and uhh, I guess BK, but I don’t see much use for it as an assist.

Her Focus Attack could potentially be an assist as well.

Viper is on DAT CULO

Updated 1st post again. Also, what is culo?

Focus attack assist would be hilarious.

I already have decided that my first two members of my starting team are going to be Zero & Deadpool, with the third member being more open ( it would be Juri but I highly doubt she’ll ever be in the game, even as DLC ) , even though I haven’t really played her in SFIV / SSFIV, I’ll be sure to give C. Viper a try when the game comes out, might mess around with her in SSFIV get to used to her before then.

Also, lol at Iron Man in her reveal trailer.

Culo = ass.

Did anyone notice how her MP Thunder Knuckle feint retains its forward momentum? I wonder if she’s in a neutral state during that “dash,” that would be filthy. It recovers quickly enough that she can throw after it. Are there any characters with overhead assists? If so, she could have potential unblockables with her spammable Seismo. I wonder how Burning Kick will function outside of combos. I wonder how safe MP Thunder Knuckle is, and if you can link after it on hit. So many questions.

Either way, she’s going to be an amazing character. Her airdash is so fast, and the random addition of a dive kick (dive headbutt I guess?) is very awesome. I definitely won’t be playing her though, I’m just excited that she’s in and has a plethora of stupid shit. :lol: For the most part, this game seems to be lacking stupid shit.

I’m guessing her focus attack gives her the equivalent of hyper armor (Colossus’s super). However it maybe possible that it loses to supers. Probably wont know til someone asks Seth, or when the game is released.

What I’m REALLY interested in is whether her seismo still hits low. It’s fast as fuck now and I’d hate to worry about blocking low from across the screen. It would be an insane assist as well.

MvC3 Viper being in the hands of Marn makes me sick to my stomach.

Make it hit low. I also want to see her with a flight mode as well.

Is that dive move actually an attack, or is it just a diagonal down airdash that she can cancel into an attack? To me it seems like the latter…

I was really hoping they would give her an air hyper, but seems like they changed her air ultra from SSF4 into a ground lvl 3 hyper in this.

Still hype either way

if she’s anything like SF4/SSF4 viper then nobody but the truly skilled will play her

With how fast and safe it is now, I’m almost certain it’s been demoted to a mid. Not like she’ll need the low property too badly anyway, considering how many new tools she has to get in and start combos.

Could probably do some monster chip with the right assist/setup, too, if that Ryu tatsu assist pattern that killed Trish is any indication. 3x Seismo with multi-hitting assist (could she do it off of Dante Jam Session as well, if she’s right in their face?), super cancel and DHC into a beam super or something?

She’ll probably also be helped by the fact that Seismo Hammer has three ranges, and thus even if they pushblock during your string you can just adjust which version you do (assuming they don’t have a fast way to escape and/or punish the startup, or if they’re still pinned down by a blocked assist) and keep blasting. This move seems like it has a lot of potential as-is without the low-hitting property.

I was thinking about playing Chun-Li for her Q-Bee-like quality, but now I might try Viper instead.

I dunno, she actually looks like she’d be a lot easier to execute with in Marvel than in SSF4. Air Dash cancel off of Seismo for much easier height/range management on juggles, no need to worry about links or feints since she has chain combos and assists, and presumably you’d no longer need to SJC Seismo in order to spam it (judging from its speed, what I assume has happened is that they’ve significantly sped up the recovery to make it more spammable, presumably at the cost of making it no longer a low attack).

Plus instead of having to space for crossup/non-crossup Burning Kick, if you want pressure you can just do a high-low game with air dash attacks instead. (Presumably she’ll have basic attacks that are jump cancellable/SJCable on block, but if not, there’s always Seismo, which appears to have that property.)

She will obviously require a different kind of execution in Marvel, but on the whole she looks a lot easier to me. Faster, certainly, but those combos look fairly permissive. Less emphasis on masterful button pressing and more emphasis on proper tactics with mid-level execution. Much more my kind of character.

she does not have a divekick that is just her 8 way dash.

Uh Capcom please remove that dumb blur everytime she does her specials.