Spinning Beat

So does the fact that SA1 has a shorter meter and 1 more stock then SA2 make up for all the advantages SA2 has over SA1? I guess not, cause everyone uses SA2 over SA1, but I heard SA1 is not a bad SA. Is it useable in High Level gameplay? What are the advantages (If any) the SA1 has over SA2 besides meter size and 3 stocks?

the fact that you can combo it off of LK or cr.LK. comes out really fast.

BUT its easy to parry, and SA2 comes out fast too, and goes over low attacks.

can be used as AA but its hard to get all the hits to connect.

bla bla bla.

SA2>SA1. end of story. you can play with sa1 but you have to work harder.

Just wondering

i think that overall sa2 is the best sa, but i prefer to use sa1 against, yun,yang,ibuki. yun, yang, ibuki (maybe others) because of thier size and the way they crouch, can block sa2 if you use your crunching mid punch at max distance and cancel the last frame of crunching mid punch. these three characaters jump quite a bit and sometimes they are not quite on the ground when you hit them with crunching mid punch, so when you cancel the crunching mid punch into sa2 the complete super does not hit and leaves you vulnerable (if you use Elena you know what i am talking about in this situation). sa2 is really effective when you are playing ground game footsies, but it’s rare to fight yun, and ibuki, in a footsies war. sometimes you will find a yang that keeps on the ground though.

sa 3 is basically a free win for you against Hugo (okay, i know it’s an exaggeration) but he can’t do much but rush you down and hope you don’t get meter, otherwise he is easy to run away from and cannot do anything to stop your healing. i also use it against Q. let him taunt all day while you charge, turtle him to death, you are not playing the damage game in this one, you are playing the clock game.

i’ve only begun to use sa1, but i have grown to appreciate it in the above match-ups.

using Chun instead of Elena >>>> all Elena’s supers. and…
it just makes sense. Elena is cute though.

IMO use SA I if you wanna go easy on someone, and if you like long combos. For examples of such, go to www.ComboVideos.com & DL SlimX’s 1st combo vid.

?!:looney: ?!

SA1 is my new bitch. And I am starting to fall in love with her

Personally Im all about her SA2 cause it comes out so fast, cancelled into, espectially form Elena’s Kick uppecut. Although it has no anti air game other then hitting the opponent out of the air, its still great to punish people’s mistakes with.

b+HK and EX scratch wheel are all the AA she needs any ways. :lol:

standing mid punch ain’t to shabby either.

Specially when they look to parry it:wgrin:

I’d rather use healing rather than spinning beat on serious matches

No offense, but :wtf:

I agree. However, this point has been argued 208 times already so whatever. If you want to turtle, just jump around and lose, have fun. If you want EX and want to win, pick 2 or 1.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Healing and use it sometimes, but usually when I wanna go easy on someone…like I said.

i find switching between brave dance and healing is often an effective strategy.
your gameplay is very different when you SAIIIfrom when you play SAII.
when i mess around i play with spinning beat so you can do the crazy ass juggles on the kysg elena video.

I think that all ove Elena’s Super Arts have some sort of practical purpose. Spinning Beat is really good for its meter and for the super itself. It does some pretty amazing damage, and all that delicious meter for Elena’s beastly EX moves only adds to her potential.
I’d say that Spinning Beat is still her worst Super Art, but it’s not useless.

There is ABSOLUTELY - NO - REASON to use SA1 over SA2 or SA3.

• SA1 does really crappy damage. Seriously. The total amount of damage for landing 3 SA1s is hardly even that much more than landing 2 SA2s. Usually, smaller supers net more total damage.

• SA1 Gives you more EX…so what? If you actually take the time to check it out, it only gives you one more EX move than SA2 does, and SA2 already gives you WAY more than you need any damn way. You can be completely sufficient with the meter you get with SA3 as long as you don’t use stupid combos that use 3 EX moves and shit.

• SA1 combos off of S.Lk…big fucking deal. I don’t even remember if SA2 does, but even if you wanted to combo off of either Lk, you’d choose C.Lk any day over S.Lk.

• Good anti-air. Yeah, so I don’t know for sure how true this is, but it’s not as if she needs it, what with B.Hk, S.Hk, J.Hp, S.Mp, EX Scratch Wheel, or even her weird situational anti-airs, like C.Mp or - god forbird - EX Mallet Smash. Elena already has too many good anti-airs. What she needs is damage, and you’re not going to get it by playing anti-air with SA1.

• Easier to hit-confirm than EX moves. Yeah, well so is SA2, and it’s better. Problem solved.

• Lastly, you can’t combo it at the max range of her normals, or even a pretty comfortable range. I’m not sure how this doesn’t scare off every single person that tries to use SA1, but it doesn’t.

So yeah. I’m really not sure what people are thinking when they pick SA1 over SA2 or SA3, but I guess they do. Good luck.

^ yes u can combo S. lk into super.

Just pick SA 2. It makes you the black Chun Li of the game.

Yo Miyagi, do you still have all the data for the Elena wiki? I know you reuploaded it once. If you still do, could you reup it, and I promise I’ll save the code in a text file this time :confused: