Spiderman, __________, Phoenix

1: I am not fantastic at this game, but I love playing it.
2: Been playing as Spiderman, Thor, and Phoenix for a while but I am having a hard time making Thor work against distance guys.
3: Who are some good choices for the middle slot. Spiderman is a lock, even if he is not the best. I am a huge Spidey fan.

This should be asked in the Spiderman thread really since it’s more of a Spiderman team that Phoenix just so happens to be on

See the thing is that Spidey is just my battery. I build the team around Dark Phoenix. I like Spidey, but I don’t like playing him anywhere but on point. I need a good bridge player who can help me build meter in the middle.

Like I said ask in the Spiderman threads. The fact alone that you have Spidey up front makes it a spidey team with phoenix on it. Spidey builds meter on his own you just need to ask for other characters that help build him more meter while still making Phoenix a threat.

Alright, I posted in the Spiderman forum too. Still, since you are here, do you have any suggestions for a character?

I’d suggest Doctor Doom. Doctor Doom and Spidey make really good teams and doom w/ a beam assist or hidden missles (preferably) for spidey is really good. Also hidden missles extend alot of spidermans combos and up his damage greatly. Also TACing into doom helps build meter and also increase damage as well. Another good partner for spiderman would be dormammu. He can zone, good meat shield. Idk how you would use him w/o meter though. Those are the only two I can think of at the moment based on what works w/ spiderman. Although I will say to pick some characters you yourself personally like and just see if you can make it work. Maybe you’ll find something good/unique w/ that team. However dorm and dr. doom are some of spidermans best partners.

That’s why I have stuck it out with Thor; I really like the character in concept. Once I get lock in a corner though I wind up having to spam Mighty Spark, and it just is not fun anymore. I keep hearing Doom, so I will give him a shot. Thanks for your advice!

Yup no problem man. If you have any other questions feel free to ask away or PM me :wink:
Also in my opinion when your looking for a new character try and chose one that fits your style or that you like/enjoy using then see what you can do lol.

Anything Doom ANything always works. But Doom does help Spiderman a lot with combos and lockdown.

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><i>Hey ! </i></span></font><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“1”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“1”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>I just made an account to respond to this post i was reading. This is actually more of a Spidey based issue, seeing as will be arguably be spamming the most assists on your team and have the most coverage. Well </span></font><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“1”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Hidden Missiles Doom is the way to go with this team, i imagine it may be one of the best options.</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“1”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>I know, I know, Doom is just so…unoriginal, but not when combined with Spidey. His hidden missile  assist combos extremely well with spider man allowing him to combo in flashy Web-Throw combos, here’s a video to get the idea.</span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“1”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><a href=“This is a basic example”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD2-uwtURRg</a></span><br></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“1”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><a href=“And here’s a corner approach, minus the maximum spider at the end assuming you’re saving meter.”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aKTTSsvPXQ</a></span><br></font></div><div><br></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“1”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>ALSO, Doom is on of the faster meter builders, he has great coverage of assists too for Spidey, his beam is great for spiderman to swing in and apply his long line of pressure moves. </span></font></div></div>

Dormmamu would work too. Him and Spider have synergy but Doom is an easier pick.<br>