Spider-Man changes for UMVC3 2013 update?

Also- I have been dying for a spider sense special- much like the dogs slow- a close up of Spidey’s face, eyes wide, yellow Spidey sense ~ coming off his head- speed of enemy slows while Spidey remains the same… Ohhhh well…

He used to have a wall cling it was real useful for avoiding shit. It was the same input as wall jump and eventually just turned into wall jump. Now that I think about it if he could wall jump off of a tech that would help a hell of a lot in the corner.

As for Spider Sense, it would have to be a button combination to be used in high pressure situations. Of course it would act like Joe’s and be a dodge but I’m not sure if he automatically does that attack he does or if people have to buffer that move manually. If prefer the latter

Bringing back old win poses or new quotes would be fun also.

I think it should just make spider-man faster, or it should go away once spider-man is no longer on point. I don’t want to see Doom with the effects of Spider-sense lol. I was also thinking that it would be cool if Spider-man had a Spider-sense super that was a counter. Only thing is, it would look stupid as hell if his spider-sense went off and there was absolutely nothing there.

I agree. It would be pretty nice if Spider-Man could wall jump off a super-jump after a superjump, but that could be a little too much.

Of all the things you listed, I think these would make the greatest impact on Spidey’s game, and I would be perfectly satisfied with these changes. cr. L is WAY too slow for a ground normal, and Spidey desperately needs a scary low-hitting option.

st. H forcing stand would setup all new combo opportunities for him. st. H to web zip magic series would add quite a bit of damage to his combos, and corner carry pretty hardcore.

Additionally, I think reducing startup frames on Web Throw L would allow for Web Throw combos after a cr. H, which would be huge for Spider-Man. It’s obnoxious to always have to try for the st. H for early Web Throw combos to maximize damage, especially when cr. H has SO much more range. Being able to get a Web Throw off in the beginning of combos no matter what the final normal is in your ground magic series would be incredible.

DHC window for Maximum Spider needs serious tweaking. WAY too short compared to other “Hail Mary” supers like Bionic Arm which lets you confirm on impact. Since MS doesn’t have invincibility, I think letting us confirm hit or block before deciding to DHC would be fair.

Increased Web Zip speed is a necessity when Spencer has his uber fast Zip Line, which is just pathetic. There’s absolutely no reason why Spidey shouldn’t be able to Web Zip as fast or faster than “hits like a truck” Spencer.

And if we’re thinking of adding OP stuff, why not make Web Swing hit High? :slight_smile:

you guys remember when crawler assault hit OTG? i would love for that to happen again. I think Maximum Spider should be a mashable super, hell i catch myself mashing every time i land it lol. I think the Spider Sting should cause a soft knockdown, well at least the Light version.

EDIT: Give web ball assist the properties of the Heavy Web Ball capture but keep it the same speed or make it somewhat faster

I’ve noticed all the changes mentioned (while excellent) all buff Webs… Think anything could be changed for the worse on Spidey?

I don’t think Crawler Assault ever hit OTG, and if it did, it needs to come back immediately.

Back in the oldschool Marvel games you can sweep to Crawler Assault before your opponent could tech roll out. It was more of a silly request then a serious one, but it would be nice to double spider sting/bite into otg Crawler assault lol

It use to hit OTG in previous iterations. C:hk: into crawler assault use to be a bnb but people could also roll out of it so it wasn’t as useful.

Any changes to web zip nerfs Spidey’s mobility directly. One of the reasons he’s so mobile is because you can alter the web zip to go to the furthest point possible causing Spidey to float where he is for a second then cancel that to something else. Giving zip a faster start up or a set distance to grab to changes that drastically meaning smart mobility is more in favor.

That’s the only real nerf Spidey needs. His damage output is already decent and he would still be mostly about highs. Making all web swings overheads would be overkill when we already have two instant overhead normals, TK web swings, two to six overhead strings, and spider bite. He would still keep most of the weaknesses he has now with most the changes listed. Actually all the changes I listed at least make him less about running and more about staying in the fight.

i think spidey needs a faster web and a double webzip when you do one from the ground i feel like spidey got ripped off compared to spencer. they also need to make changes to his spider bite i feel like hitting at a certain time is kinda stupid maybe even if you use spider sting L you hit L again for spiderbite and same for M and H he needs a faster low hitting move like his low L also is DHC are really weirs if you do ultimate web throw you can DHC pretty muh any time but its so hard to dhc out of maxium spider i think maxium spider could be a great escape tool to save spiderman when you want to keep him alive also decrease start up for his L web throw

also i feel his web throw M is off i feel it misses way more than it should and they should make it a little easier to connect his otg

also i feel his web throw M is off i feel it misses way more than it should and they should make it a little easier to connect his otg

:m: web throw is good as is. You have to take into account that the distance diagonally from where it breaks to where you throw it it much longer than just going horizontal. Hell it breaks off going upwards all the same. If they made it go full screen it would stay attached to Spidey and he’d be waiting there until it reached the other side of the screen.

I think Spider-Man should get his unscale web throw back. If he’s not gonna get much buffs. I mean come on…Spencer has way more health, zipline is faster and hits like a truck and has an unscale move. I think Spider-Man should get his unscale web throw back. Spider-Sting assist has the Bite part with it. Along with two web zips one from ground with faster start up. I mean like seriously the popular spider-man being lamer than the nobody Spencer. Here’s the buffs I think he should get

• Web Zip speed increased
  • 2 Web Zip one ground and one air
  • Crawler Assault with vaccum effect
  • Unscale L Web Throw
  • 950,000 vitality
  • L Web Throw speed increased
  • Spider-Sting assist include Spider-Bite

That’s all I say he needs. All his other frame data can stay the same.

Making it unscaled would be to much damage, adding 10-20k would be fine but 150k each webthrow is asking to much.

If he gets his unscaled web throw back it needs to be like Vanilla where the opponent is thrown all the way across the screen and you can only TK maximum spider after it. It would be completely broken if he could 12 unscaled web throws in a combo. I personally think web throw in this game is better because you can get a full combo after if you catch someone with a web throw.
Speaking of web throw, I would prefer it if all three of them did the same amount of damage instead of having the :m: and :h: versions do less damage than the :l: version.

Yeah true…but look at some other characters who has dumb stuff. The only reason web throw stopped unscaling because somebody found out it did. I mean if they make it unscale it should be weaken then.

Spiderman already has good damage, he has some ToDs with the right assist. Spiderman would be another spencer.

Yeah I guess but I find it sad that the unpopular Spencer has so much going for him than Spider-Man. Spider-Man’s ToD’s are mostly UTW.

Spiderman is a unique character, btw I made some ToDs without even using UWT. Like I said, ToDs with the right assist.