Hey guys, I just tried this shit it out last night. Didn’t see a thread for it, and hoping someone else plays.
It holds more things closer to MTG than Hearthstone. Some things similar to hearthstone. And some unique ideas.
Money is easy to come by, so you can buy packs pretty consistently.
And you pick a starter
Gameplay vid here
Similarities to MTG
- Mana is drawn, not automatically given
- You can assign blockers.
- 20 health
- 60 deck card minimum
- Flying/Lifelink/First Strike units exist
- “Enchantments” + “Artifacts” exist
- Can mix and match colors, since you can toss in different mana cards
Similarities to Hearthstone
- Heroes - also have a unique skill with cooldown (I guess MTG has planeswalkers, but this game only has your “face” hero)
- Can choose to attack heroes or creatures
- Mulligan your starting hand results in a whole new hand instead of replacing a card or two (HS) or drawing one less (MTG)
- 6 different colors divided into “good” and “evil” booster packs
- Two rows, front and back. Back row used for supports that won’t get attacked unless by a spell, flying units can attack and defend from back
- “Speed” exists as a stat. You can only defend against and attack a unit that has equal or less speed than your unit, adds good strategy
Might be some other things, but watch a video and come to your own conclusion.