Special Step

i dont really have a problem doing this what i want to know is can you cancel a normal into this i refering to trail 13 do i canel the st fierce

Try one of these input techniques:

F, B, D, F
D, F, D, F
F, U, D, F

You tap forward on your stick the exact same time as you hit the normal you want to cancel, let the stick pop back then on hit, execute a fireball motion. Idk if there is a shortcut but thats the most consistent way I know to cancel into the move.

There isn’t. However, there’s long-cuts, where you make a more complex motion to make the stick go neutral more naturally, I mention two of them above. Also, D,F,D,F is an alternate way to do it.

I’ve been tapping forward then downfoward, It’s probably the same as doing the actual motion but it feels easier for me personally.

Do double QCF’s. I do them since Tekken, and gladly they also work here.

Just tap df, df game is hella lame with shortcuts

So I’m a pad user and I’m having a really hard time using jin and executing his combo’s which include special step. I play tekken a lot and use Jin. It’s really hard for me to cancel anything which is crouching(*c.:mp: > c.:hp: * into special step. Any tips from pad users or should I start looking for a stick?

I don’t think pad is the issue. I play on stick and I’m fine on canceling standing normals into SS, but the cr.hp one is stumping me for some reason. I assume I need to just practice it more.

yeah canceling into it from crouching normals seems to be the problem =(

I’m still having a few issues with doing it from a crouching normal, but if you’re holding forward/downforward while doing the normal you intend to cancel from, you’ve already input the forward motion and it makes things a bit easier.

Its rough, but you have to hit down-forward with your normal and then do a fireball motion. Jin has a lot of cancelable normals. Its not much easier on stick. Its just a rigid timing : too fast you’ll get a fireball too late and you wont cancel.

It’s impossible to use it like kazuya tho right? It can’t be cancelled into itself? Which is what I’m guessing kazuya does.

I think it can. I know for a fact its backdash cancelable as well. It just requires you to be fast. but yeah you can SS backdash to bait out normals or other moves.

If you want SS from crouching normals you can just do double qcf.

Give it an eye, maybe help somebody. I digg it a little to show a friend who request me the week ago the difference from the two steps. The second part of the video is for Jin.

[media=youtube]XEDv8gQmQao[/media]

I do f,hcf for achive it.

I tried it and you can’t unless there is a different timing to it. I guess jin isn’t meant for the rushdown buisness.

I use double qcf motion to special/mistep. So if you can cancel a super everyother streetfighter game you can do it that way easily

Yeah. I’ve found this to be the most effective way for me, so far. I just hold DF during combos where I need an SS from a crouching move.

I have tried the suggested DF,DF shortcut yet.

Edit: I’m on pad, BTW.

I tried it you cant cancel SS into a SS. At best what you could do is SS into backdash cancel and then go back into the SS whenn the back dash animation is over. This is impractical and pretty hard to do.

I’ve tried the DF DF shortcut it works if you delay in between the DF inputs. Which makes it pretty much as hard as the F, HCF input. But since you technically never finish the fireball motion I think you’ll get less random fireballs.

Here’s the easy way, Forward, then Half-Circle Forward. It will come out everytime. Just dont mash the punch immediately, or your punch comes out before the command SS registers. I find the Dbl qcf to be really inconsistent for some reason. I pretty much never fail with f, hcf method. I think the system leaves the forward in there too long to try the EWGF notation. It’s just like SSFIV in that regard. You get residual inputs if you do them too fast.

Just like if you press Forward, throw a fireball (or another fast attack), then press Forward, you’ll get a Dash. It’s gotten me killed a lot in SSFIV. I expect it to get me raped, murdered, and eulogized in SFxT, lol. The cool thing about this input is that you can do it as fast as you want, and you can buffer the piss out of it without fear of getting an errant fireball or something else retarded. It’s too long of a command for the Median Line Destruction to come out, so dont worry. You have do that pretty fast.