Southern Hills Golfland

If you think ffa was far from OC, wonder how we feel that we drove from SD to FFA a bunch of times for all the ranbats and casuals :sweat:

Duc was the first person I ever met here back in 2000 when I came one afternoon during chinese/lunar new year.
Here’s a vid some of you may remember to bring back memories.
Insanelee gets tossed in the pool.

[media=youtube]KJJAqvNI2t0[/media]

I think the same thing happened to sanford and david lee at some point.
This was the place to be back then, as a teenager/kid, I’d always get hella anxious/excited as I made that U turn (everyone who’s been there should know what I’m talking about)…parked then walked down the long narrow walk path.

And when you lose repeatedly, that’s all you think about on the way home.

bring back fat clock

Cant the people make a kind like a club of OC gamers, rent a place, put some PS2s, DCs and 26" TVs, and some cheap setups with competition sticks ( so it looks like an arcade machine ).
The catch here is that in order to be a member of the “club” ( the place where the games will be played ) one has to have a membership. If each membership costed around $50 per month, and if the club had like 50 members to start … doing the math that will be $2500 for local and maintenance expenses … mmmmmh not that good huh ? … haha !
Well at least thats the idea I have. The good thing about doing this kind of clubs is that it wont be a place for broken mofos, but for people that actually have some money and want to improve their competitive skills dramatically while playing in American sticks and with people with similar goals.
I want to get again on my competitive edge but I live in Buena Park. The only option I have is going to AI or SA. FFA is too damn far away and the traffic jams are retarded to go there “anytime”. AI and SA have small cabs with asian sticks and that really affects my gameplay ( I have no probs with competition or 360 sticks ).
There are so many points about this thought, so I will just stop here, show the idea and get some feedback.

the various teams that was there, ha team r.u.n. us, viscant, combofiend, scott, definetly the golden era of marvel was there.

heftier , more gangsta bald headed clock.

Jose Garcia, Valle was owning foos, combo hand dat afro, subway/burger king across the street, Mr. Power as ALWAYS THERE, the srk/shgl sub site, and potts was running mag/cable/tron. Place was hot.

I remember owning you up from day 1… sadly those were the last times I had a chance of beating you.

Oh SHGL, great memories come from there. 100 plus man tournaments everymonth were the best. Too bad its a memory now

peace out

o wow sorry for bumping an old thread, but i just wanted to also express my love for this arcade. i live 1 block away from where it was and had so many memories there, been comin there from 96’ till it closed down. everyone was devastated =[

i had no idea it was such an iconic spot until i joined SRK. the tournaments were insaaaaane dude…never knew big names were playin there along with 10 yr olds like me at the time. i can still vaguely smell the stale pizza/popcorn aroma and remember the crowds of asian gangsters smoking outside on a friday night or guys taking their gf out for some mini-golf

to this day i still post with this name (not to mention have it as my license plate). only a few people ever recognize it and understand what it means, lol. RIP SHGL. I was there the day they closed. It was so sad in the party room. :[

southern
hills
golf
land
beat
mania
x

4 LYFE~

I was there at one point in my life. Probably from 1995 - 1998.
I remember the Saturday tournaments. Street Fighter, San Francisco Rush.
I also loved the Sausage Pizza there.

I’m posting here because I just hope some of the people I played with might see this.
I played with Alex Valle. Street Figther, Starcraft. He came to Japan once, but I didn’t have time to meet up.

Me and my friends are looking for a friend named Sal. He drove a…dam I don’t remember what he drove now. Maybe a red Honda.

I knew some cool Chinese guy who drove a Toyota Supra and a Land Cruiser. I’ve forgotten his name now. Cool guy!

There was another guy named Dave. Some people joked that he could have been my Dad. There was some resemblance.

Anyway, I have so many great memories of that place. So many quarters ( tokens ) spent on San Francisco Rush. Those early morning Saturday deals were the best.

I wish Golfland had evolved to the ultimate Esports center on the West Coast, but sadly it closed.

P.S: Whoever stole my car stereo from my Toyota while I was inside Golfland, I’m still looking for you.