Sonic Battle II

***DISCLAIMER: THIS IS MEANT TO BE A FUN, THOUGHTFUL, AND CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION ON A TOPIC AND PROJECT THAT YOU MAY OR MAY NOT AGREE WITH. ANY AND ALL TROLLS AND ELITISTS WILL BE REPORTED AND INSTA-BLOCKED.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4708/flameshieldf.jpg

Thank you.***

I almost didn’t post this here, but seeing as how my recent ordeals have restored confidence in myself, I figured I’d do this anyway.

I’ve been a Sonic fan for quite some time, and a fighting game player for nearly as long. I’ve seen the Blue Blur duke it out in this genre about three times (Sonic the Fighters [Arcade], Sonic Battle [GBA] and his cameos in Super Smash Bros.) and it’s been pretty sweet.

However, I believe that there is potential for a return to the ring, in grand fashion, which I am working on right now.

It’s a 2D game meant to combine the best elements of Street Fighter, The King of Fighters, BlazBlue, Dead or Alive and Killer Instinct into a package that is uniquely Sonic. It sounds complex, I know, but I believe it can be done, if implemented little by little.

The first two characters for the game will be Sonic (who will be the fastest rushdown character) and Knuckles (the star of the game’s story, who will be able to switch between multiple martial arts for different normal attacks).

So, I’d like some input as the project goes along. So far, I have a programmer, musician and advisor on board. If you’re interest in joining, I’d appreciate a PM.

A few updates. We’ll be using Unreal Engine 4 and introducing various gameplay mechanics gradually, like KI3 is doing.

This is what Sonic will look like in the game.

Look familiar? :wink: