Some one please tell me if this is cheap or not

You’re a scrub because you impose rules and beliefs that add restrictions to how something should be played because it doesn’t coincide with your beliefs in morality/nobility…which are all relative and thus are bullshit when it comes to SF, which already comes with rules and restrictions. Anything you add extra to make the game more ‘enjoyable’, ‘competitive’, and ‘fair’ hold you back from graduating to casual and keep you at scrub level.

We don’t impose our tourney mindsets so much as you impose your scrub mindset. No rules versus imposed rules? Who’s imposing in that situation? We choose to play the character in the way they’re most effective and doing otherwise would be retarded and an excercise in futility.

This thread is dunzo. The sagar fireball spammer is a casual player who may know what he’s doing, and the OP and akumafaker are scrubs.

People complain about things they lose to.

You just suck…

Sorry to sound like an ass… but someones gotta do it!

I hate both gaming extremes, and I guess I shouldn’t have generalized like that.

I guess I believe in giving people a chance if they’re below e in skill (to be honest not a lot of people XD). I also thought the primary thing about playing casuals offline is fun, Im not looking to get better at my footsies when couch gaming with friends that’s what online is for.

I think its ‘not cool’ for a friend to just use sagat and refuse to anyone else, beatable or not. Do you want to play with a friend who plays liek that only? Its not fun. OP you should destroy his strategy or use it against him and then he’ll learn new tricks. Whatever, can’t stop your flames not :confused:

Offline play is practice. Play to win/play to win but not win… trying shit out seeing what works… For example: today I was playing y friend, he is a sakura player… good as hell, i play sagat. We were both at less then 10% life, I had chip damage worth of life he had a little more. He tryed a meaty fireball, I instead of just playing to win, I tryed something new to see if it works. I DP’d through it and hit him and took the win. There, I found out that it works. if it didnt work, oh well its just casuals, now I know what to do in that situation if its a money match or a tourny match.

Also… SRK has the best people ever. you post something dumb, your bound to get shitted on. Thats how noobs learn. they get shitted on. If you post dumb shit, your going to get flamed for it. Its a process im sure everyones been through and/or is still going through it. I am still going through it that is why I avoid making new threads… and only sharing opinions rather then facts unless I have data that supports it.

A board for new players to ask questions from the veterans. No question is too basic here!

*Last, but above all, to everyone in the forum - Play nice. We’re here to help. This could be something great for SRK and fighting games in general, so treat it nicely and help it along. Please don’t flame the noobs. *

This forum is headed in the same direction as all of the other forums except the assholes have a wider range of scrubs to pick on. If the OP is still on the forum, the best advice I can give you is to neutral jump the fireballs. You can try to punish but if you’re new to the game that might not work out in your favor. Neutral jump until he gets bored as fuck, it usually only takes 5 or so fireballs for people to get the message. Don’t fall on any of his fireballs, that shit just encourages them even more.

And no, it’s not cheap.

parry

I own multiple fighting game for this reason. If someone isn’t serious about sf4 I will play them in a game I am also not serious about. If they want to play sf4 they will get stomped and hopefully get better.

Yuns always own me with Genei-Yin on GGPO
Do i hate them? yeah, but i know they are good… i just need to improve my Q.
Beign Defeated by a single move means you’re dumb, calling it cheap just makes you weaker,

And mentally you’re inserting an invisible wall in your skill level. While PRO people, would break that wall using “cheapness”, and go Beyond your skill level…

And thats my friend what separates, The Casual Gamer from the Dedicated/Pro Gamer, Invisible Mental walls of scrub mentality.

Casual gamers will trade sell the game frustrated.
Dedicated/Pro gamers will continue playing and having fun with the same god damn game for decades.

Do you have what is takes? to be on this scene? Stop thinking on cheapness and level up.

In casuals against friends I rarely use my mains (Bison and Vega). I generally use combos because I get them asking “Okay. how did you do that” It actually works as a method of teaching because you go through it bit by bit on how it works.
There’s nothing bitchy about it if it helps them learn. You won’t get better unless you learn by doing. I learned this a long time ago.

The objective to fighting games is to defeat the other opponent either by depleting their vitality to 0 or by having more vitality than them when time expires.

Take this as you will.