Solo options post-g.wave (vid)

normally i’d post this in the combo thread, but I’m not sure if you guys frown on necroposting.

Anyway, I noticed you guys rarely discussed char specific stuff when anyone brought up hulk’s gamma wave extensions…to my disappointment nobody had made a list of what to do for the obscure chars…

the closest I could find was KBR’s notes on the pre-patch infinite. so I expanded on that (as you can see I borrowed it’s terminology) and tried my hand at everyone to see what was viable/impractical/fray etc. Both sides of the screen are shown. Do bear in mind I am a scrub and as such these notes won’t be 100% accurate. I’d appreciate corrections if you guys know critical things I don’t. Don’t mind the impractical combos shown, the viewer is meant to pay attention to how the timing/positioning for gamma wave goes and the notes mostly explain practicality.

here are my notes if you’d rather not watch the vid:

[details=Spoiler]
Legend:
G.Wave: Difficulty of positioning gamma wave for two hits.
S.Relaunch: Practicality of solo relaunch.
BackHKD: Hard Knockdown state post aerial rave, airgrab, etc.
FaceHKD: Hard Knockdown state post AA-G.Charge/sH.
Overall: My final observations and suggestions.

You may have different ratings (perhaps find things easier than I did) as these are only my own experiences and I’m not very good.

Jill:
G.Wave: Easy Adjustment. Remember she has long legs.
S.Relaunch: Fray.
BackHKD: Potential fallout when AA-G.Charge-H. Combo the minimal 1-3 hits of AA-G.Charge or use M
FaceHKD: Step back as her hurtbox changes. Combo the minimal 1-3 hits of AA-G.Charge or use M
Overall: Not really needed since she has low health, but it’s incredibly practical to apply for metergain.

Nemesis:
G.Wave: Fray
S.Relaunch: Fray. Can link cH for more dmg although requires considerably more spacing & HSD in mind.
BackHKD: Fray
FaceHKD: Fray
Overall: Nem’s hurtbox is less forgiving than some other heavies on shadowing, so don’t get careless.

Chris:
G.Wave: Easy Adjustment (Hard Adjustment if relaunching)
S.Relaunch: A bit narrow for my liking.
FaceHKD: Kara sM ASAP, but cancel as late as possible (see video)
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunches and solo AAG.Charge extension.

Wesker:
G.Wave: Fray (Moderate Adjustment if relaunching)
S.Relaunch: Hard to do, but not impractical.
Overall: Easy enough. Recommend assisted relaunches & solo AA-G.Charge extension.

Morrigan:
G.Wave: Moderate Adjustment. Harder than some other chars as it isn’t as easy to see how far to step back.
S.Relaunch: Getting correct distance can be kinda hard
BackHKD: Potential fallout when full AAGCharge. Combo the minimal 1-3 hits of AA-G.Charge.
FaceHKD: Step back as her hurtbox changes. Combo the minimal 1-3 hits of AA-G.Charge.
Overall: I would recommend using assists for extension

Felicia:
G.Wave: Moderate Adjustment. Easiest Darkstalker to land 2hit G.Wave
S.Relaunch: Moderate.
BackHKD: Potential fallout when full AAGCharge. Combo the minimal 1-3 hits of AA-G.Charge.
FaceHKD: Step back as her hurtbox changes. Combo the minimal 1-3 hits of AA-G.Charge.
Overall: Fairly low health but difficult enough that ABCS BBCS +assist/hyper will often suffice

Hsien-Ko:
G.Wave: Almost impractical. You’re to step back, although it’s too easy to get two hits at the wrong distance
S.Relaunch: Don’t recommend, although imo it’s the easiest relaunch of the Darkstalkers
BackHKD: Not Viable. Recommend assist or hyper
FaceHKD: Not Viable. Requires a step back & AAG.Charge still inconsistent. Recommend assist or hyper
Overall: Don’t bother attempting solo extensions in a real match

Firebrand:
G.Wave: Hard Adjustment. Step back a very tiny bit further than what his char model shows
S.Relaunch: Although viable, don’t recommend for the above reason.
BackHKD: Not Viable. Potential fallout when full AAGCharge (except M). Recommend assist/hyper
FaceHKD: Impractical. Requires a step back & 'Brand often pushes away from Hulk after G.Wave
Overall: Don’t recommend solo extensions as he has low health & a different relaunch

Arthur:
G.Wave: Hard Adjustment. Step back a very tiny bit further than what his char model shows.
S.Relaunch: Although viable, don’t recommend for the above reason.
BackHKD: Impossible (?). Arthur is small & pushes away.
FaceHKD: See above.
Overall: The idea behind this combo is that you step back once like it says above, then keep place
(hold up during aerial rave, downback upon landing). Better off killing w/simple stuff.

Zero:
G.Wave: Hard Adjustment. Step back a very tiny bit further than what his char model shows.
S.Relaunch: Hard. Window for raw S is extremely narrow.
BackHKD: Viable. Potential fallout when full AA-G.Charge. Only combo the minimum 1-2 hits.
FaceHKD: Step back as hurtbox changes. Then combo minimum 1-2 hits.
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunches and hyper. AA-G.Charge’s little extra dmg not worth it here imo.

Tron:
G.Wave: Easy adjustment. Kara M to close gap as needed.
S.Relaunch: Fray.
BackHKD: Fray.
FaceHKD: Impossible as of now. She gets hit by the whole G.Wave too quickly.
Overall: Easier than it looks. Recommend assist/hyper for FaceHDK.

Spencer:
S.Relaunch: Requires Hulk to be closer than if doing AA-G.Charge (borderline shadowing).
Overall: Pretty easy. Recommend assisted relaunches & solo AA-G.Charge extension.

Haggar:
S.Relaunch: Requires Hulk to be closer than if doing AA-G.Charge (borderline shadowing).
FaceHKD: Impossible (?). Pushes his hurtbox away after G.Wave.
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunches & hyper and/or assisted extension for FaceHDK.

Strider:
G.Wave: Hard Adjustment. Step back a tiny bit further than his hitbox shows.
S.Relaunch: Window is narrow.
BackHKD: Potential fallout when full H AA.G-Charge. Combo minimum 1-3 hits or use M
FaceHKD: Step back a bit as his hurtbox changes. Combo miminum 1-3 hits or use M
Overall: Stick to basic combos as risk/reward may not be worth it. His health is low anyway.

Frank:
G.Wave: Hard Adjustment
S.Relaunch: Not worth it. Window is narrow.
BackHKD: Barely viable.
FaceHKD: Impossible (?). Pushes hurtbox away after G.Wave
Overall: Frank’s hurtbox is terribly bothersome to negiotiate. Recommend assisted extensions for the kill.

Ryu:
G.Wave: Fray (Hard Adjustment if relaunching)
S.Relaunch: Very narrow. Don’t recommend.
Overall: Generally easy char. Keep to assisted relaunches and solo AA-G.Charge extension.

Chun-Li:
G.Wave: Hard Adjustment
S.Relaunch: Very narrow. Requires Hulk to be closer than if doing AA-G.Charge. Don’t recommend.
BackHKD: Although all AA-G.Charge are possible, she can potentially fallout if not positioned 100% correctly.
FaceHKD: Step back as her hurtbox changes.
Overall: Recommend simple combos. If you HAVE to combo AA-G.Charge, keep it to minimal hits.

Akuma:
G.Wave: Easy Adjustment (Hard Adjustment if relaunching)
BackHKD: Fray.
FaceHKD: Impossible (?). Pushes hurtbox away after G.Wave.
Overall: Extremely low health so recommend simple combos. Solo extend off BackHDK if you really need meter.

C.Viper:
G.Wave: Pretty much impractical as it’s too easy to get the two hits incorrectly by a pixel.
BackHKD: Potential fallout when full AA-G.Charge. Only combo the minimum 1-2 hits or use M
FaceHKD: Step back a bit as his hurtbox changes. Combo miminum 1-3 hits or use M
Overall: These imo aren’t worth it.

Phoenix Wright:
G.Wave: Easy Adjustment, but may need more practice to get used to proper positioning for AA-G.Charge
S.Relaunch: Narrow, but not impractical. Still not really needed.
BackHKD: Easy, but make sure you start it off in the correct position
FaceHKD: Easy, but if the first G.Wave isn’t positioned carefully, followup AA-G.Charge can whiff
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunch and solo AA-G.Charge extension

Vergil:
S.Relaunch: It’s viable, but not necessary.
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunches and solo AA-G.Charge extension

Trish:
G.Wave: Moderate Adjustment (Hard Adjustment if relaunching)
S.Relaunch: Requires you to be closer than if gamma charging. Do not recommend.
BackHKD: Potential fallout off H-AAG.Charge. Combo minimal 1-3 hits or use M.
FaceHKD: Step back a very tiny bit as her hurtbox changes. Combo minimal 1-3 hits or use M.
Overall: Solo AA-G.Charge extensions are practical here (if a bit easy to drop). It’s up to you.

Viewtiful Joe:
G.Wave: Hard Adjustment. Step back considerably further then his char model shows.
S.Relaunch: Impossible (?). I can only land jab relaunches on him and even those aren’t worth going for.
BackHKD: Not very practical due to how hard getting correct position is. Also potential fallout off H-AAG.Charge
FaceHKD: Impossible (?). Joe pushes away at the ‘correct’ position and is too small to get hit there
Overall: Recommend simple combos with assisted extensions.

Amaterasu:
S.Relaunch: Kinda hard. It ‘seems’ the best way to get it it to push her in via kara normal. Not needed anyway
FaceHKD: Kara M before G.Wave.
Overall: Easiest ‘small’ char to land AA-G.Charge extensions on. Odd hurtbox/animation, prolly due to how horizontally wide she is.

Nova:
S.Relaunch: Incredibly easy. Just stay right next to him.
Overall: Shame his health is so low. Use the solo relaunch if an assist is unavailable and do solo AA-G.Charge extensions

Iron Fist:
S.Relaunch: It isn’t impractical but as always, assists make things easier on you.
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunches and solo AA-G.Charge extension

Deadpool:
S.Relaunch: Fray
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunches and solo AA-G.Charge extension.

X23:
G.Wave: Hard Adjustment.
S.Relaunch: Narrow. Don’t recommend.
BackHKD: Not very practical. Potential fallout when full AA-G.Charge. Combo minimum hits or use M.
FaceHKD: Step back as hurtbox changes. Combo minimum hits or use M.
Overall: Recommend simple combos with assisted extensions.

Spiderman:
G.Wave: Easy (Moderate Adjustment if relaunching)
S.Relaunch: It’s Viable, but narrow.
FaceHKD: Step back a tiny bit as hurtbox changes. Distance is kinda tricky.
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunches & solo AAG.Charge extension.

Phoenix:
S.Relaunch: Very narrow.
BackHKD: Potential fallout off AA-G.Charge H/M. Minimal 1-3 hits used.
Overall: Please don’t try.

Ghost Rider:
S.Relaunch: Very Easy. Just stand next to him.
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunches and solo AA-G.Charge extension.

Rocket Raccoon:
G.Wave: Can only combo snapback afaik
S.Relaunch: Impossible (?)
BackHKD: Impossible (?)
FaceHKD: See above
Overall: Keep to simple combos.

Wolverine:
S.Relaunch: Not much harder than AA-G.Charge extension
FaceHKD: Kara sM ASAP, but cancel as late as possible (see video)

Storm:
G.Wave: Easy Adjustment
BackHKD: Potential fallout off H/M AAG.Charge. Either have perfect distance for M, or combo minimum 1-3 hits.
FaceHKD: Step back as hurtbox changes. See above.
Overall: Since she dies quickly, you might want to kill her with gamma crush to keep corner placement.

Sentinel:
S.Relaunch: Fray. Can link cH for more dmg, although requires considerably more spacing and HSD in mind.
Overall: The easiest char in the game to land extensions on. You can even style on him a bit while killing meterless.

Magneto:
G.Wave: Fray (Easy Adjustment if relaunching)
BackHKD: Fray. Position yourself properly or he may drop out.
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunches (although solo is very practical) and solo AAG.Charge extension.

Hawkeye:
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunches (although solo is very practical) and solo AAG.Charge extension.

Captain America:

Iron Man:
S.Relaunch: Viable

Thor:
S.Relaunch: Fray. Can link cH for more dmg, although requires considerably more spacing and HSD in mind.
Overall: Recommend solo AAG.Charge extension. Otherwise do w/e.

Hulk:

She-Hulk:

Shuma-Gorath:
G.Wave: …?
S.Relaunch: Impossible (?). Shuma gets hit too quickly by G.Wave and pushes away.
BackHKD: Kara sM before G.Wave. Only use M-AAG.Charge as H almost always falls out.
FaceHKD: His hurtbox is too odd to consistently pick up here (?) Better to use an assisted extension or hyper
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunches and/or assisted extensions for FaceHKD. Then hyper.

Dr. Strange:
S.Relaunch: Narrow window. Don’t recommend.
BackHKD: A little tricky to get the right distance (practice!), but very viable.

Dormammu:
FaceHKD: Step back as hurtbox changes.

Dr. Doom:
S.Relaunch: Viable.

M.O.D.O.K:
G.Wave: …?
S.Relaunch: Impossible (?)
BackHKD: Impossible (?). Hit too quickly be G.Wave and pushes away.
Overall: Recommend assisted extensions.

Super Skrull:
S.Relaunch: Viable
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunches (although solo is practical) and solo AAG.Charge extension.

Taskmaster:
Overall: Recommend assisted relaunches (although solo is very practical) and solo AAG.Charge extension.[/details]

I don’t expect responses anytime soon, but someone will see it eventually :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was going to do this when I got back to my country in 2 weeks, but since you did the job, I’ll help you move this around instead, since it’s a very tough work and you deserve full credit for all this. How would you like to be credited as? Also, for weird hitbox chars that can drop after a few hits of the AA Charge, you want to do full L AA Charge instead of a few hits of H AA Charge, it’s better damage, meter gain and safer, since L has more horizontal range!

Didn’t know L was even more consistent than minimal H-AA. I’ll have to keep that in mind for Zero and the like. Thanks!

Not too worried about credit as I don’t deserve all of it, just mention i helped or some ish ? Tbh I couldn’t have done it without this board and I wouldn’t have gotten Wolverine/Chris if I didn’t watch your set against sumbrwnkid :wink:

How should I refer to you, Dazed, Paralyzed Fist, Smasher01?

Sorry! just Dazed is fine.

Some really good stuff here. Glad to see some of the problems I ran into validated and see solutions for the others. Great work!

I’m amazed everytime I watch that video…

You two alone have helped my hulk SIGNIFICANTLY.
Props.