Soki Partners Thread

I’ve been playing around a lot with different assists for Soki lately and found some interesting stuff.

First of all, I still think Tekkaman is Soki’s best partner. His assist makes combos off of C shoulder tackle’s wallbounce a lot easier, letting you punish something with it pretty freely. It also can extend Soki’s combos immensely. He can actually catch people after a launch if timed right, and keep them near the ground for another ground combo. So for example: A, B, 2B, C, 6C, 22C, BBQ, B, 2B, C, 6C, 623A, B, C, call assist, 3C, assist hits, A, B, C, 3C, air combo. Lots of damage in there.

Soki also gives some interesting things to Tekka in return. Tekka can combo off Soki’s assist for his 623 Super as well as his level 3. Also, calling Soki’s assist right before a 6C will cause the opponent to bounce back towards Tekka if timed right, which can greatly extend combos.

Outside of Tekka their are some more interesting things I have found. Any assist that lifts the opponent into the air can be used to start Soki’s loop. This includes, Chun, Batsu, Zero, Casshan, Megaman, etc. Though you need to be in the corner for some of them to work.

Most interesting to me though is Saki. At first I didn’t think the two had much synergy due to me not really liking either of their assists. However, they do have some interesting stuff together. First of all If you hit Saki’s 623 super you can DHC Soki in to a lvl2 charge of his 623 super. Doing this off Saki’s unblockable shot gives about 30K of unblockable damage, albeit for a few more meters than I would normally care to spend. Also, I generally use Soki as a battery anyway, so I find it easy to bring in Saki and hit a lot of unblockables after starting with Soki.

Most interesting with Saki however is a strange glitch involving her command throw. For some reason if I call Soki’s assist right before hitting the throw, Saki does her throw and then warps behind the opponent afterwards, often netting me a reset as the opponent can’t react in time. I’m going to keep playing around with this team and see what else I can accomplish with it.

Does anyone else have any partners they particularly like?

I found soki partnered with mega man helps a lot if you want to do mega man’s fully charged shot
use the team combination attack
and for me, I’m just one of those charge and attack randomly people, so I like mega man’s assist gives you time to do a head splitter or combo into a super
also, soki and ryu I like for the fight against yami