SoCal Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Tournament @ FFA on 9-5-2010

This tournament is going to be held on Labor Day weekend and I, RoyalFlush, will be out of town (in Las Vegas). I have given the responsibility of running this tournament to Big Daddy Chris and maybe a few of the SoCal TvC regulars who will attend this tournament.

As part of FFA’s Airdashers tournament lineup, we will be hosting the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom portion of the tournament.

Again, these tournaments are intended to help gauge everyone’s individual skill levels in preparation for any other upcoming tournaments that will feature TvC as well as help those who are thinking of getting into MvC3.

Thanks to regular casual sessions and training sessions at Wednesday Night Fights, these tournaments will be your time to show everyone your true potential!

Family Fun Arcade (a.k.a FFA)
10363 Balboa Blvd
Granada Hills, CA 91344
818-360-0419

Times and Fees (subject to change)
-Sign-ups: anytime before 4:00PM (I will probably be at FFA at 3:00-4:00PM)
-Start tournament: 4:30PM
-Entry Fees:
*SINGLES = $4 entry + $2 venue = $6 per person
-Prize Money Distribution:
*Singles: 70%/20%/10% (if at least 10 or more entrants); 80%/20% (if < 10 entrants)
-Casuals before and after tournament

Rules
-Will be playing the US version of TvC:UAS on the Wii
-Double elimination
-Normal sets are best 2 out of 3 games, Winner’s, Loser’s, and Grand Finals are best 3 out of 5 games OR 4 out of 7
-Standard settings (start w/1 bar, 99 seconds, regular damage)
-Winner keeps characters, loser can change characters or keep current characters
-Pre-match character switching (hold down OR hold P button before battle begins) is legal and player has to stick with current character.
-All characters are legal INCLUDING PTX-40A and Gold Lightan.
-No freeze, invisibility glitches, etc. or player who initiates glitch forfeits a round.
-Stage select is legal. If the fire stage is picked both players must agree to fight on it.
-Will be played on whatever screen ratio matches the television: if we’re playing on 4:3 TV, the station must be assigned to 4:3. Likewise, if we’re playing on a widescreen TV, it must be on 16:9 aspect ratio.
-All kinds of controllers, sticks (wired, wireless, Gamecube, PS2 converted to GC, classic controllers, etc.), and button mapping are all allowed, but turbo functionality is illegal.

Post up if you plan to play in the tournament. Also, if you can bring an extra Wii console, please let me know!

Contact RoyalFlush @ 661-312-8289

aww crap, u gonna be gone flush??? I just might be able to come to this…

KBeast: Yeah, I won’t be able to make it to anything September 3rd-5th. I’ll be in Las Vegas. How long you gonna be in SoCal?

bump.

I would have participated if it was during the ssf4 3v3, my passion for tvc isn’t strong enough to bring me out to FFA alone.

GLHF.

Don’t know if I’d make it but I’ll give it a try. Haven’t practice much though.

Can’t make it to this one, but I hope new and returning faces show up for the tourney. Good luck to you all.

Can’t wait to be a pot monster for this, should be fun.