So Zangief is dead again

mobility gone. getting in position after spd gone (that one is crazy, its not even funny what HUGE nerf that is),a lot of punishes gone and the hail mary lp GH counterhit in to knockdown gone. Thanks capcom, nice omega Gen infinite btw. Idiots.

Do they want flashier characters to end up in finals? Why would they seemingly go out of their way to create the worst iteration of Zangief?

I am so mad. Seriously, I was so happy with Ultra. Gief was amazing, Hawk and Hugo surprisingly playable.

ALL if them got nerfed. I’m a grappler player. Or, was. This is shit. This is ridiculous. Yes, I’m mad.

The main thing I see to focus on is practicing to see how safe the medium Greenhand is for mobility in certain situations (like the spd vortex).
Medium green hand has a total of 37 frames and is -8 on block, but I don’t know how many frames of advantage you get off of a regular SPD.
But if you use Med GH for the SPD vortex, it’s safe , but you can’t get the meaty crouching jab in time because you’re both left in kinda neutral position (they might have the advantage even but you can block in time).
Light GH for the vortex is a joke.

I have never seen a nerf change the entire way you have to play a character. Can’t follow up after lk xx lp gh. Vortex is ass and moving in and closing space sucks ass. Wow, I’ll find out how to adjust, but this was bullshit.

Let’s make a mid tier at best character and nerf them… Now I know how dj players feel.

Just read the change. Is it really that drastic?

Yes. I never get excited over nerfs and shit but it changes everything. It takes two lp gh to reach the opponent after and spd.

One lp gh doesn’t get you close enough to do cr lk. It whiffs. Now mp gh does, but it’s slower and useless when trying to gain ground. I liked him how he was.

Changes timing on fireballs, more knock back after a combo. Can’t move as easily. He go really fucked by that. Made it even harder against zoning characters. I think his lp gh is pretty comparable to the sfxt version. It has no range.

I’m growing tired of capcom and their “balance” changes. Cammy, fei long, and Akuma go virtually untouched. Gief gets nerfed… Lol

The king is dead! Long live Omega Mode Zangief! I petition that to be the new tournament standard for all characters.

Zangief just won a Major