So You're a Fan of my Work, Huh? - The Frank West Videos Thread

Good Frank stuff in The Online Warrior 4, at 9:15:
[media=youtube]lN21p8W77Rc[/media]

I hadn’t seen that Wesker extension for a third launch, and he’s good at cancelling into Tools of Survival L to make whiffed normals relatively safe.

I’ve actually been using that for a relaunch for awhile now, it barely gives you the meter you need for two bars, assuming you get first hit at the beginning of a match. You’ll basically do a basic bnb, then when you go down after the first relaunch you’ll be able to tell you don’t have enough meter just yet. Call out wesker, Launcher,air C, air S. Then, specifically with my team, team hyper combo for level 5 frank.

Anyways, to actually contribute something to the conversation, here is another video showing one way to pressure incoming people.
[media=youtube]6vqNgzGJciw[/media]
Even more details in the comments and I also posted over in the general thread.

Thanks for that info AJ, getting the 2nd bar using wesker into THC is perfect for my Frank/Ryu/Wesker team opening to level 4. As for your incoming character thing, it might be even better than you think because all throws are techable, even if you’re in move recovery. That means if you air M, M, delay, H, down-forward H, you should get the full combo off of assist, and also tech the throw.

Yeah we figured that out awhile back, I’ve been mixing this in with dante assist/roll to throw people off. I’ve been trying to find a time to hit wesker assist to make it unblockable, but it seems like they always get hit by it too early or way too late for it to really be useful.

Anyways, yeah I’m running weasel shot with Dante which lets me do c.B, c.C, S, a.B, a.B, a.C, S. A1 camera shot, S BBCS again, wesker assist, C,S. It gives me JUST enough to get 2 meters, assuming I get first hit. I want to do a full tutorial on how I play this character but feel like it’ll get ignored cause all I have is a shitty camera phone.

Edit: copy pasting from the other thread, so there IS one way to get out of it and that is to push block, the 2nd paddle will only it about once and you can NOT combo after that. However you can kinda bait that out, if you see them pushblocking every time, just delay it slightly and catch them backdashing. So really, it just adds more to the mind game if anything.

If they properly pushblock, Frank’ll be most of the way across the screen, on account of his multi-hit normal; And it’s easy enough to pusblock on reaction to jM spam. IMO, this “jH overhead” setup has 0 utility against a good opponent.

Of the options I’ve toyed with… the best I’ve found is an early jump -> QCF-H, so it tags them on their way in, to make them block. It has heavy blockstun, and even if they pushblock it, you have time to land+call assist, dash, Roll for the mixup.

Or, alternatively, you can do what I’m trying to practice… which is respond to every air pushblock with Dash -> Roll -> AA Throw Hyper -> full combo that builds your meter back.

Quick video I made with some tech I didn’t see highlighted elsewhere. If it’s been covered, my bad, otherwise, hope it helps!

[media=youtube]R3kKiY4XkvM[/media]

Pulls out Brady guide Looks like the only difference is the advantage if guarded…which is…wow. A ground ToS(H) is -11 on guard, a jumping ToS(H) is +21. xD
Startup and active frames are the same, damage is the same, recovery is different of course due to landing.

If you have trouble with the timing, basically just look at the edge of the axe when the move goes out, you want that to be below his kneecaps when he comes down from the jump, that way it hits the opponent on the ground before you land.

Air specials that allow you to land can’t be given an exact frame advantage. How high you were when it hit changes your frame advantage. The frame advantage you’re looking at isn’t for Air ToS, it’s for “Air ToS xx Land”, and who knows in what relatively asinine way they tested what the official jump timing was to do the move at. C’mon, people.

Also… All-star Frank moment, while trolling Honzo Gonzo’s stream yesterday. Rehosted on youtube for luls. General good fun was had, some Dante stylishness, and Frank heroics at the end.

[media=youtube]v2n5Z2Lk-Bk[/media]

On the subject of the matches, what can Frank do against solid zoning? Really felt like he was mostly useless in this matchup, and because of that, I let a lot of opportunities to combo-level him slide, in favor of doing damage and making kills with Dante, who I felt(feel) is much more equipped to handle zoning, etc.

[details=Spoiler][media=youtube]UvXxv_dqR48[/media][Spoiler/]

Me and my boy running sets, his frank west was really effective.

His West, Wesker, Dorm vs my Spidey, Dante, Hawkeye

[media=youtube]uyfzH7JEanc[/media]

A quick kill combo with my team of Frank/Vergil/Dr. Strange, here’s the description of the video, which explains that even at two bars, you can change this combo into one that guarantees you level 5 Frank, and is probably enough to kill Vergil/anyone else with his health and lower:

Although it requires 5 bars to fully kill Dr. Doom in this clip, it’s actually possible to rake in some damage even with just two bars. With correct timing, after the first Survival Techniques, you then go into devil trigger, and then hard tag frank back in. If done right, you can have enough time to do Survival Tools H, which will cause the huge ground bounce and you can do Tools of Survival M, then into a snapshot for Level 5. Sometimes (if at the right amount), you can get another bar from doing this, so you can go into another survival techniques after it, which is enough to kill plenty of characters, or leave them with low health.

Another alternative, if you have five bars, is to instead stick with a devil trigger Vergil and do a stinger(optional), follow by Trick L, then into his Level 3. This is enough to kill a lot of the cast, especially since it leaves them crumpled afterwords, and you have access to assists again.If you didn’t do stinger however, you do have enough time to tag Frank back in and since he should be at level 4, you can technically do tools of survival H, followed by a tools of survival M, then you can do an OTG of your choice(snapshot or the low kick H), and summon Strange to bounce 'em a bit more with eye of agamatto and go for another Survival Techniques.

[media=youtube]hTSbcceAm5k[/media]

Some cool frank/spencer/wesker technology from my Frank West team synergy series. Full playlist can be found at this link: http://www.youtube.com/user/WrankFest?feature=guide#p/c/31A67606B1954687/0/MSFkzBXDn7c

[media=youtube]LPFeXVYxo5I[/media]

Some Frank West setups involving Sentinel, Ryu, Amaterasu, Chris, and Ghost Rider. Just some team synergy stuff I’m trying to make up.

Your options are dependent upon your level, but for the most part it’s “get under it or go through it.” Frank has one of the lowest crouches in the game, his slide puts his hurtbox even lower too. As for getting through, Barrell Roll can usually go through projectiles with proper timing, and the 17 invincible frames of his hyper at level 3 (25 at level 4) lets him burn through a lot of projectiles as well.

[media=youtube]E5dvTbGjTuk[/media]

Pretty good Japanese Frank West player. Good setups to lvl 5.

Starts around (3:00)

Frank West Combo Video
All combos were performed by I.F.S.
[media=youtube]K5cbcx3hm0I[/media]

Level 5

[media=youtube]8aLDgC-djtQ[/media]

A simple meter-less, no air exchange combo, combo to get Frank to Level 4/5. Hope it helps everyone!

[media=youtube]DcW2bov-yrE[/media]

~GL

Found this at random. Frank always comes in through a TAC, giving enough hitstun to ToS L three times and get to Level 4 through DHC powerups and hard-tagging to get two snapshots and a fudge-ton of damage. That and HC resets in conjunction with intense corner pressure makes for absolute bloody murder.
[media=youtube]gM0oPRF6AeQ[/media]

[media=youtube]Im5-fMKNzgc[/media]

2 frank players going at it. Shout outs to DRS Wetbucket. He is really solid. This match was to go into Winner’s Finals.

Neither of them really did anything impressive, unfortunately. The THC to Level 5 and the corner pressure at the very end was pretty cool, though.