So... You want to learn Sakura? - (Online 1vs1s for Newbie Sak Players)

“Urgh… I need more training!” - Sakura Kasugano :tup:

Everyone learns differently and on a forum this large it can be tricky to find all the answers or discover amazing combos etc. Alot of the original posts in threads have not been updated since over a year ago and going through 700 posts is not something anybody really wants to do.

We have Team Sakura, yes. But some newbies may be put off joining thinking that they won’t stand a chance or learn anything.

My idea is for somewhat experienced Sakura players who are willing to help a new person in a short 1vs1 for a few minutes to jot their name down in here.
Likewise, if you are new to Sakura and think you’d benefit being shown in a 1vs1 how to deal with certain things jot your name down here too.

I certainly learned alot more when people started adding me to their list. See my thread when I was new:
http://shoryuken.com/f271/thank-you-sakura-users-srk-203125/

I’ll make 2 lists. Sakuras providing help and Sakuras in need of help.

The format should go like this:

Providing/Requesting help:
**PSN/XBL: **
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Specific things to learn/work on:
Availability:
Best Method of contact:
Alt characters:

Suggestions
If you match up with someone I’d advise you make a chat room or use mics or whatever to make it easier to communicate. PMs back and forth are long and tedious imo.

More

Super Street Fighter IV/Sakura - Shoryuken Wiki, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy and More!

I can teach you!

Ryuga

Spoiler

chaoslimit

Spoiler

yes06kin

Spoiler

mwisk

Spoiler

Onikagai

Spoiler

holdthephone

Spoiler

ShogunFlow

Spoiler

chinta03

Spoiler

circasama

Spoiler

Tha_Hornett

Spoiler

Requesting Help

I could use some help!

Ryuga

Spoiler

chaoslimit

Spoiler

Seventyxxtimes7x

Spoiler

RemnantLol

Spoiler

Blizer

Spoiler

iVaN!

Spoiler

Ironknight

Spoiler

Suffokate

Spoiler

holdthephone

Spoiler

Jiraiya

Spoiler

ShogunFlow

Spoiler

Kirb

Spoiler

0renzokuken0

Spoiler

nateman742

Spoiler

zshippozx

Spoiler

keyboardcat001

Spoiler

jaemes

Spoiler

Hugacarlos

Spoiler

Purestr

Spoiler

Vongo1a

Spoiler

Rubedo

Spoiler

RonXD

Spoiler

Fergus2k8

Spoiler

SquishyyJason

Spoiler

VCFan1001

Spoiler

This_Is_K1

Spoiler

lord_reefa

Spoiler

boogityboy

Spoiler

MingoDynasty

Spoiler

CaveKilla

Spoiler

Matashioqt

Spoiler

iHog

Spoiler

Anudabruda

Spoiler

Deku

Spoiler

Genistar

Spoiler

Hejin

Spoiler

wnb85

Spoiler

circasama

Spoiler

Tha_Hornett

Spoiler

Ah, sorry.

Providing/Requesting help: Both.
PSN/XBL: Otogi-Matsuri/Blonde-Bachi
Strengths: Execution, anti-airing.
Weaknesses: Pattern player, jump too much, overcomplicate things.
Specific things to learn/work on: Sakura’s ground game, dealing with certain match-ups like Rose. More experience in general with Sakura.
**Availability: **Anywhere from 12pm-1am(27 Sep, uni starts so I will only be online during Fridays and weekends.)
Best Method of contact: PM me on SRK or send me a message on PSN
Alt characters: C.Viper, Juri, Cammy.

Providing/Requesting help: Both.
PSN/XBL: chaoslimits/NA
Strengths: Nothing really, does patience count.
Weaknesses: Think too much, spacing.
Specific things to learn/work on: Execution, strategies, and spacing.
Availability: Anywhere from 9pm-12am after work.
Best Method of contact: SRK or PSN.
Alt characters: Adon, picking up Akuma, and Guile.

Here you go.

Providing/Requesting help: Requesting
PSN/XBL: xbox: Seventyxxtimes7
Strengths: Offense
Weaknesses: Anti-air, Crossovers, Hit confirm, and more.
Specific things to learn/work on: Linking
Availability: Anytime
Best Method of contact: Xbox
Alt characters: Ibuki, Viper, Juri, makoto (Need more training with them also).

PSN/XBL: PSN: RemnantLOL
Strengths: Applying very weak pressure?
Weaknesses: Very impatient, unable to finish combos, jump too much, predictable
Specific things to learn/work on: Linking, defense
Availability: Saturdays at like 1 or 2 PM EST. Sorry I didn’t add this in before.
Best Method of contact: PSN or SRK is fine
Alt characters: Juri

Providing/Requesting help: Providing
PSN/XBL: XBL - yes06kin
Strengths: Mix-up potential, dedicated Sakura player, played Sakura since vanilla, knowledge of normals, combos
Weaknesses: Execution, certain matchups (Blanka/Abel)
Specific things to learn/work on: More combos, alternate offense pressure/combos, follow-ups
Availability: Anyday after 8pm PST
Best Method of contact: XBL message
Alt characters: Chun/Rose/Juri/Makoto

Providing/Requesting help: Providing
PSN/XBL: PSN- marcushardle
Strengths: Footsies, patience, reactions and a good mix-up knowledge + overall punishes. Been playing Sakura for a while, I had over 15k in Vanilla and my Sakura used to be nº27 at PSN (N.America) with 7k+ but I dunno where she’s anymore as I don’t play ranked as much.
Weaknesses:Way to predictable sometimes, hard to maintain composure under pressure, pad player
Specific things to learn/work on: getting courage to go for shoouken combos and spacing myself better, how to deal with zoners and how to manage ex bars properly.
Availability: Online nearly everyday.
Best Method of contact: PM on PSN or PM on SRK.
Alt characters: I play Rose as alt. and have experience with Guy, Dudley. I fool around with Makoto and Abel as well.

Important note is that I usually get an orange bar with players in the US, but I have somewhat stable connections with people on the eastcoast.

PSN/XBL: bllzer
Strengths: Mix ups, combos, footsies, good corner game.
Weaknesses: Break under pressure, get pissed off fighting top tiers, still a newbie, need to learn match ups, need to get more experience.
Specific things to learn/work on: Need to learn match ups, need to get more experience, defend better, be patience.
Availability: Almost everyday.
Best Method of contact: Msn, srk PM, psn.
Alt characters: None atm.

Halp me! lol
PSN: iVaN_39
Strengths: hmm I’m probably slightly below average on game play. I’m not a complete newb :slight_smile:
Weaknesses: umm her B&B is hard is hell for me… I have trouble thinking of stuff to do.
Specific things to learn/work on:B&B! learning how to play well(like a good rush down and how to turn the tables on people who rush me down)
Availability: M,W after 2. Tues thurs like 7ish
Best Method of contact: PSN SON!
Alt characters:Rose

ADD ME AS A FRIEND IF U WANNA THROW DOWN :slight_smile:

Providing/Requesting help: Providing.
PSN: OniKagai
Strengths: Sakura main since vanilla, champ mode. Mix-ups, some tricky stuff. Good def.
Weaknesses: Footsies… during long sessions people read me like a book. Blanka… and Vega.
Specific things to learn/work on: I think I need to be less predictable… and be able to apply a lot of pressure. I need to work on my blockstrings… and not fold under pressure lol…
Availability: On every day… east coast.
Best Method of contact: Psn, or pm me… I check everyday.
Alt characters: Ibuki, Makoto, Shotos…

I’m friendly and paitent. I have a mic… if for some reason you can’t understand me I’ll plug out my pc keyboard and use it. Friendly matches… sure. Want to watch some replays… sure. I’ll start saving fights of different characters for examples. We’re all here to help you…

random fact… the Sakura section is the most friendly section… by far. You won’t get love like this in any other section. Enjoy it :slight_smile:

Updated first post. I’ll probably try to see what RemnantLOL and iVaN have going on. Will message you guys when I have more time tomorrow. iVaN you alt my main and Remnant you alt who I just started learning. Should be fun.

PSN/XBL: DARKKNIGHT1227
Strengths:Defense and Zoning
Weaknesses:jump too much and way to reckless
Specific things to learn/work on: BNB,Execution
Availability:all week after 1:00 PM (have class until 12)
Best Method of contact: PSN(I also have a Mic :D)
Alt characters:M.Bison

Well I use to main Sakura in SF4 but I eventually got tired of losing and switched to M.Bison. But now I’m back with a new attitude willing to learn and to take the time necessary to become a great Sakura player!!!

I haven’t really done much with her. I want to get my Sakura better before i start working on rose :slight_smile:

This sucks, Everyone is on PSN.

Try this guy out.

No one wants to learn Sakura? 0.o… not even to rock that new kawaii sun dress when it comes out? Shame… shame…

PSN: xSUFFOKATEx
Strengths: Keeping pressure on
Weaknesses: Easily frustrated, Certain match-ups
Specific things to learn/work on: All areas
Availability: Any time
Best Method of contact: message on PSN
Alt characters: E. Honda, Guile

I had him on my list for a few days, He just doesnt have a mic.

We played and he whooped my ass with Sakura ‘o’

Providing/Requesting help: Both
PSN: holdthephone
Strengths: Simply very familiar with the character, solid all round but not impressive in any aspect.
Weaknesses: Input errors, hit confirming, El Fuerte, Vega, Ryu, wake ups, cross up defense
Specific things to learn/work on: I want to get destroyed by someone continuously, and I can also help out newer players.
Availability: Evening (weekday), daytime/evening (weekend)
Best Method of contact: message on PSN or SRK
Alt characters: None