So would any Zero player consider Zero an "easy mode character"?

Yep I can agree on that statement for sure lol.

If you can’t:
Lightning Loop
Convert off of hits 75% of the time

If you:
Do Buster xx Lightning on block
Go ham without Jam Session or a lockdown assist

Then you are a bad Zero. That’s all there is to it.

Tell the “best player in your group” to actually learn how to play the Zero match up.

Wait people still buster then lightning ? There are zeros who haven’t figured out Lightning XX Buster to make it 100% Safer ?

I go breakfast with Jam session, that purple corridor makes zeros offense/defense amazing. The only thing that comes close is hidden missiles.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Lightning xx Buster xx Lightning IS NOT safe on block. It’s unsafe because the first lightning is gone by the time the second one comes out. You can just block the second lightning (don’t pushblock) and hit Zero, as it’s very unsafe on block. I don’t think i’ve ever seen a Zero online besides myself that can do all of the things i mentioned. (Not to brag or anything.)

I said lightning XX buster… the followup is depended on if it hit/blocks/whiffs the opponent. M raikosen xx Buster is basically a disrupter/magnetic blast at the same time that you can easily follow up. Go into the video thread and watch my videos and you will see me do all of those things, I think all of the usual zero posters Can do those.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, I thought you meant putting a lightning before a buster lightning. My bad, lol.

He plays Wesker and Vergil and is getting mad at you for using Zero? Woah there.

I’d much rather play Zero then Vergil.

Zero does have an execution barrier, it certainly isn’t as hard as say Magneto, Viper, Jill, etc but it certainly isn’t that easy.

In-fact, Vergil and Wesker are two prime examples of derp characters with a low execution barrier.

Let’s face it though, Zero is cheap. He can pretty much do whatever he wants.

No he cannot. It is easy to throw him out of teleports. You can hit him out of lightning with practically anything, and he loses badly to good zoning, and those who have better normals than he does. (Taskmaster, Vergil, Trish, Hawkeye, any zoning character with Missiles)

I feel people overrate Zero. He’s not anywhere near as good as people say he is. So he can ToD you? That’s nice. So can most of the other members of the cast.
His neutral game isn’t that good either. You have to play turtley most of the time to play Zero well. Rushdown Zero is very overrated. Plenty of characters can mix you up a ton with an assist like jam session and convert into a ToD.

He’s very good, but he is not stupid broken like people claim he is. He doesn’t have a hyper that can slice through projectiles, be used for combos and mixups. His assists are bad until you use Sougemnu to power them up, and then they’re fairly good.

I think once people learn how to fight Zero, (and that shouldn’t take too long being he’s starting to become esports) they won’t think he’s the best in the game anymore.

i had somthing typed up but decided against arguing if zero is a scrub or not due to the forum this thread is in. I’ll simply say to the op: yes zero is cheap and scrubby. rule of thumb for me is if the only way you can beat this guy is by using zero, then he is probably justified in his statements. If you can break even or beat him with other toons as well, then most likely you guys are on = footing. But if he owns you for free whenever you step outside the zero comfort box, his opinion about you could be valid. But dat’s marvel. Still use zero imo and ask him if he’s mad.

i dont use zero but i can tell just by watching people play him that he isnt the hardest char to use once u get used to him but it doesnt matter because atm the only RLY easy chars to use are wesker, hulk, vergil, frank and, sent

Everytime I try to block this character when he does a Raikousen L mixup its either a cross up or it isn’t one, I thought it was height or distance dependant…but now I’m starting to think its random.

Also regardless of whether or not he can be hit out of teleport/raikousen approaches all you have to do is buster to stop him from committing to it and he’s safe. j.H can he be airgrabbed, but its not as free as you think having no hurtbox on your sword attacks makes life vs. this char harder. A turtle Zero imo is the hardest thing to approach b/c he can counter w/e approach you do at will, or just run away at normal jump height w/ a lvl 3 buster just waiting for the right time to go nuts.

God Wtf is the the scrubby complain thread ? Spencer, Vergil, Magneto and morrigan on point are just as if not more effective. You can’t derp rundown with zero in higher level play. Believe me I’ve tried, if I hit you with L raiko xx Buster its cause you pressed a button… you can grab zero out of everything, characters with food normals like cap am, Wesker and Vergil give him neutral ground hell. Zoning from task, mag, and Up back gunshot Wesker give you some obstacles ( have in mind they most likely have a zoning assist or air safe dhc ).

The only reason people think he’s scrubby is because in low level play he dominates. I guarantee you if I mm’ed Fanatiq ( this is gonna happen forsure during the norcal vs Socal in Sept I’m gonna try to arrange a ft6 for 30-40$ ) or fchamp I’d have to play respectfully because the scrubby b.s. wouldn’t work at all.

Sent from my SC
AwayH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

he’s an easy character during the match.

it’s all of the time and effort you have to put into him in training that keep most people from playing him.

After reading this thread, I’m noticing that a lot of people think Zero is a character you can learn at day 1 of getting the game. Take it from me cause i’m a character loyalist with Zero, he’s not someone you can learn at day 1, it does take time to learn everything cause I don’t even know how to do everything with him yet. Characters like Wesker, Vergil, Sent, and (even though this isn’t a scrubby character, i’m putting him on this list as an example) Ghost Rider are all characters that can be learned at day 1 and have very high damage output (Wesker especially).

As a side note to correct Ultimator’s last post about Vergil having better normals than Zero. You sir are totally wrong, Vergil’s normals are really bad when blocked, I’d go as far as to say Vergil has some of the most unsafe normals in the game, but not as bad as dr.strange. So if Vergil miss timed any of his normals, Zero can probably ToD him.
[URL=‘http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?members/the-ultimator.58020/’]

Assuming that he doesn’t cancel it into (H > S) x N or Rapid Slash. H Teleport is pretty safe too purely because most people will be too scared to try to punish you. I’m not sure about what Judgement Cut is on block, but even if it’s not very good there’s still 3 options there.

Jedi I said his normals are unsafe, not his specials. Also all of his teleports might be unsafe but idk for sure, I know that his Land M teleports are unsafe.

Back to the Zero topic, I personally believe that Zero isn’t scrubby at all, he is a character that need execution, but then again not as much execution as for a character like Dante who is probably one of the most execution heavy characters. Zero may be able to do everything, but his zoning game is total crap and can be beat out by characters like Dorm, Iron Man, and Akuma, Zero’s strength is his great rushdown game and controlling the air with his air specials. In regards to controlling the air with Zero, he can benefit from assists like Jam Session, Purification and of course the best air controlling assist Hidden Missiles to make up for any areas that Zero can’t hit in the air.

But his normals aren’t unsafe, because they can be cancelled into his specials.

Any Zero player who doesn’t consider his character easy mode and borderline braindead NEEDS to get checked for brain damage

my 2 cents

He’s easy to use against low to mid tier characters. Harder and requires a lot more thought against better characters. He pretty much gets really easy to play once he forces you to block but until he forces you to block he has to do a good bit of decision making and committing. Which he can only do so long for against characters like Magneto and Dorm stocked with meters. Morrigan and Doom specifically forces him to work his ass off to maybe land a hit.

He just bullies around lower characters because he can stay up in the air and threaten them with death while sniping out their assist all day. Half the cast pretty much can’t even call their assist against an airborne Zero sitting on buster plus assists. It’s when you get to that better half of the cast that has better aerial and super/install super based options that he has to think a lot more.

He is the best character in the game that isn’t reliant on meter which makes him destructive vs. the lower cast that isn’t as strong in the neutral with or without meter.