So this game is awful

You sound like someone with an agenda making all these posts so who are you trying to kid?

To me it is coming off like “I DONT LIKE THIS GAME SO IF YOU LIKE THIS GAME YOU ARE WRONG WAAH WAAHH WAAHH”

Get the fuck out of here.

No. I am a paying customer and have the right to give my opinion on this trash game.

I don’t give a shit how its coming off.All it is, is my personal feelings on the game and I stand by that.

DUde, if the game is shallow the skill gap should be very truncated. In my experience, that is not the case. More experienced players trounce newer players and the best players beat the weaker players almost every time.

If it’s so simple, you should be able to compete at the top level of the game? Is that what you are saying? You have explored the full depth of the experience and judged it to be “shallow.” If you’re not competing at the top level, it is very difficult for you to support your argument; you’re basically pissing in the wind.

It’s a simple fun game with a surprising amount of depth. Just say what you really mean, which is that you don’t like the basic gameplay. Divekick isn’t for you, that’s okay.

I used to be like OP, and probably many other people within the FGC; wasn’t too fond of the over the top joke game aspect and its promotion eating up stream time.
And lets be honest, the game does look like a flash game with a $10 pricetag which I understand angers many people.

After buying it (its $10, what the hell) this game has grown on me.
Sure its not as ‘deep’ as a normal fighting game that has movement, more # of moves, execution requirements etc but Divekick definately has
fundamentals like spacing, mind-games, meter-management, match-up knowledge etc that rewards the better player in a long set just like any serious FG.

The major selling point of Divekick is its virtually non existent requirement of execution and minimal knowledge to begin competing. And while doing so, this doesn’t make it as ‘shallow’ as some people want to claim. Its quite genius how they executed this game.

Perhaps the most important aspect is, this game is FUN when played with friends. Me and my buddy were having a blast against people in Ranked. I can’t wait till theres a big gathering next with lots of people. This itself was definately worth $10 right there.

I’m sorry to hear OP didn’t feel like you got your money’s worth but I guess theres no product out there that can satisfy 100% of its customers.
I think you had a bit too much expectations for this game for what it is: a non-serious joke game filled with FGC related humour. (which is weird there was plenty of information available to see what kind of game this is prior to release)

Pretty cool game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alvDUwpCC70

Also, dude, seriously, if 10 Euros is a serious amount of money for you compared to 5 Euros then you shouldn’t be playing video-games, you should get a fucking job that pays a decent wage.

The game is fun, but I’m thinking the price is a bit high. Unfortunately, I had to pay it to figure that out. However, despite popular belief, I’m not poor or a tight-ass, I just don’t think the game has the depth of many other games around the same price.

I don’t know why some people are saying it’s awful though, just as I don’t understand the people that claim the game is breakdown of fighters. I guess I just don’t understand haters and fanboys, since this occurs in almost every game, and I’m bewildered every time.

I don’t get it. There was so much pre release coverage of the game that you should have known what you were buying. How do you play 80 matches and then you figured out you didn’t like the game. There is no learning curve or execution barrier. LOL @ the price being to high, you know how much money it takes to develop a game? Also what are your ideas for a better game? I’ll be the first person to bitch @ a fighting game, but other than actually connecting to other players, there is nothing wrong with the game play.

Divekick wasn’t even intended to be released, it was originally a joke at UFGT8. Heaps of people were asking for it, so they made it into a full game you could purchase.
You knew exactly what you were getting into when you spent your money on it.

Is your next thread gonna be “I just bought this barbie game for $20 and I don’t like it at all. This game is not worth $20”?

No one told you that you had to buy it…

Are you people out of your mind? Since wen should we make conclusions about games before we play them ? That would be incredibly ignorant. I gave the game a chance because people like Ultradavid and otheres that I trust in general where praiseing how awesome the gameplay was. Now that I have played it its shit. It seems to me most people here are upset I call it shit but don’t really dissagree its shit.lol

Yet you dont know how to read.They must love you at your job.

no one here cares what you call it. we think if you somehow had interest in divekick enough to buy it but somehow missed completely any coverage whatsoever which would’ve told you everything you need to know about the game in 30 seconds, you should probably make better purchasing decisions or work on your research skills.

whether it’s “shit” depends on what you’re looking for. is it a tournament fighter comparable to something you’d see in the main stage Evo lineup? no, and it was never intended or sold that way. if you expected that, it’s on you. it’s a casual fighting game you can dive right into and is fun to play with friends who don’t usually play fighting games. with only those expectations, it’s fun enough.

http://therealmcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

-Uncle Sensei

I don’t know what you’re expecting.

You: This game sucks.
Everyone else:

Is that what you wanted?

No one forces you to buy it at launch.
For me too it is 10 Euro, meaning 13 $. While Skullgirls is 14 Euro.
I think I’ll wait for a Christmas offer to buy the 3 games that interest me together for 10-15 Euro (Ducktales, Divekick and Rogue Legacy)

thats how I bought other games like Dark Souls.

I know game sounds simple and it would have fared better as a freeware Flash game with online play.
But bickering about prices is something I stopped doing since buying digital.

you can buy it for 5 Euro, play it for 1 hour and never bother with it again

Only reason Im getting negative response is this is on shoryuken and its a comunity made game.I didn’t expected anything else.The game is trash for the money it costs.Someone should warn people not to waste money.That why I’ve said wait for a deep discount in my first post.

Also its pretty funny how no one has the balls to call this a good game (cus its not). All I get is “well what did you expect” or “get wasted with your frinds and play it there bro, its fun then”.Yeah… thats pathetic.If you are wasted enough you will have fun even with rolling a rock with a stick.

I actually think Divekick could legitimately be filed under “brilliant.” To create an entire game based upon a single game mechanic such as the Divekick and still have depth and nuanced gameplay is…well…brilliant. I dig it.

So that’s why u mad. You want someone to control how you spend your money, and they didn’t.

Ummmm…

So let me help you out, as a concerned consumer:

I don’t think some reading classes would be a waste of money for you.

OP might as well admit that they have no idea what 2d fighting games are about.

2D fighting games are not about combos.

2D fighting games are not about execution.

2D fighting games are not about complex systems.

2D fighting games are not about memorizing varied movelist

What 2D fighting games are about is CONTROLLING SPACE. More specifically, they’re about 2 characters controlling space on a 2D plane. Divekick simply distills the genre down to that. Depth and longevity comes not from mastering the systems in the game, but from mastering your opponent. If you fail to appreciate that, then you might reconsider why you’re playing 2D fighting games in the first place.

No, its just that you’re talking as if your OPINION is a fact.
Then people provided their positive views and experiences on this game but obviously you didn’t want to hear that so it must be because this is SRK.

And now you’re salty because no one is agreeing with you.