SO MANY scrub players

Your sarcasm fails lol, back in the days, online play didn’t exist. Damn all you new kids hah…

But seriously megaultrasuper is the only person here who understands what I’m trying to say here.

Let’s take cross ups for example. I’d say this isn’t “fancy” it works, I do them every time I get a chance to (Usually attempt on a downed opponent) and can lead to some serious damage (Sorry for sounding like a noob when it comes to fighting lingo here, I know I’m not saying the right terms lol) yet, I HARDLY see anyone doing this.

Another good example is when you get your opponent dizzy. This is the best opportunity to dish out the damage, right? Typically, I see people do throws or something. Sure that does good damage (if it isn’t teched) but doesn’t a 3 hit fierce combo do like twice that amount of damage? Fuck fancy, that actually DOES DAMAGE. But I wonder why people don’t do that? Maybe cause they aren’t capable of doing it?

Hopefully someone gets what I’m trying to say here…

I am the scrub player everyone is complaining about. There are so many of me online.

god you’re such a scrub i hate playing you :mad:

This kinda thing is a bit annoying… alot of these people are probably new to SF (unless they are spamming throws and the same thing over and over again because its working against you, do what it takes to win). Surely the best way to have better competition online is to jus keep playing them, hope they stay with the game and get better?

It’s either that or they can all quit and you struggle to find an online game. Just because you might have been playing SF for years doesnt mean the other people have, give them a little time to catch up ;).

If you really wanna help send them a msg telling them how they could improve

EDIT Oh and I think its funny that you say there are lots of scrubs, yet talk like a scrub. Spamming moves, throwing, these are all moves perfectly legal in the game. If they are working, NOT doing them is stupid

The irony in this thread is over 9000!

You mean “dumb old days”, right ?
Seriously, you’re the scrub, stop playing now.

That just defined “Scrub”.

Heck, why not throw in a free second round if ya get beat in the first?

Maybe only shoto-no throw is cool?

$10 saying this dude plays ken and spams jab dp or will do fireball fireball, wait, fierce dp no matter what

This isn’t the first time I’ve heard of this. I recently spoke online with someone named “Drone” (with all sorts of numbers and symbols and shit replacing actual good old-fashioned letters) that basically argued that throwing was cheap, and that “true hardcore fighting game enthusiasts” will let their opponent get a free hit if they accidentally throw. I tried reasoning with him politely (I know, logic and reasoning on the internet are faux pas), but he just took it as insults, and insisted I was a lousy player for not agreeing to his understanding of the game.

“It’s not that I can’t play the game as intended,” he said, “It’s just that I don’t need cheap, unblockable attacks to win.”

wow, you’re stuck in the 90’s…

sorry, scrub, you’re going to be stuck there until you realize you really indeed do suck.

Yup, this was the first thing that popped into my mind.

i cant believe this thread, it this a joke? no, i mean, seriously.

lost to a scrub!?
This is the most entertaining complaint of the bunch. When this player loses to someone he considers a weaker player, the ?I lost to a scrub!? line is sometimes used as an excuse. This player is saying that he is very good at the game, and losing to such a poor player doesn?t prove anything. He often enumerates all the weaknesses of this ?poor player,? including such gems as ?he relies on only one tactic? and ?his mind games are weak.? The more he puts down the other player, though, the worse he looks himself. If the other player relies on only one tactic, and you can?t beat it, then what does that say about you?
This need to displace the blame is probably motivated by pride, but it deprives you of a chance to learn from your mistakes (and it alienates other players, a point which you may or may not care about). Basically, you need to have some respect for other players who have the power to win, no matter what faults you may see with their play styles. Sometimes, these ?weaker players? really are better than you, and you just aren?t admitting it. And if they aren?t better, then you should not let them win. You should be recognizing and learning from your own mistakes, or you should be improving to catch up to them. Either way, the heart of the issue lies in you, not in the player you just lost to.

-sirlin

oh and scrub deez nutz in yo mouf

Now, I dunno if I’ve fought anyone here on XBL yet, but if you fight me and I’m not up to par, you’ll have to excuse me as this is the first time I’ve had actual competition in any fighter =P I’m still trying to get the execution of my cr. MK -> FP hadouken down on this Xbox pad. Can’t even do DPs consistently, either, and vertical charge moves XD I can do DPs much more consistently on the Wii classic controller, though…

Anyways, I really have to agree that saying to yourself ‘I lost to a scrub!’ is kinda noobish. I mean, yea, if you’re frustrated and you say that for a second or something, I mean…we all get flustered sometimes. But then if you don’t bother to learn why you lost, then it’s all for naught. I mean, most of the time when I lose I can attribute it to my poor combo skills and my poor anti-air executions, or even bad mindgames. Just saying ‘I lost to some idiot, he wasn’t even very good…’ won’t do YOU any good, either.

Online SF play has been around since 1994, so technically it has. The people you played against bring people down in terms of learning the game the “correct” way. There were infinite amounts of “house rule” places you went to that had these idiotic “don’t throw” sets when you can counter it with your own throw. I’ve never seen such stupidity in my life. Even when I was first playing SF, I always did whatever was in the game to win. No one had any issues with that where I played. Even some respected “ogs” that everyone looks up to had issues with grabs back in the day. I always find that one of the most hilarious things I’ve ever heard of you. If you can’t beat it, find a way around it. If you lose to someone pressing one button only on purpose because you can’t find a way around it, are they scrubby? You need to definitely educate yourself on how to play the game because it sounds like you don’t.

Though I have to say that I always hated the word “scrub”, because in actuality, if you beat someone, are they a “scrub” to you? Because everyone is a freaking scrub by that meaning, because even if they don’t know what they are doing, and you lose to it, what does that make you?

Nah, everyone isn’t a scrub…
Being a noob isn’t being a scrub, everybody’s been a noob ^^
Noobs are just new players learning the game as they play…they’ll get better if they play more and learn from their mistakes.
Scrubs just think the opponent was a cheap bastard for throwing them and thus winning the match. They won’t ever learn from their mistakes => they won’t ever be good players.

I’m not really going to comment on whether or not constant throws are “cheap” or what, but I do know that I feel like a scrub when a lot of my matches are won from chip > throw damage. Most of the time I’d say all of the throws are just reversals to other people trying to throw me or do a standing move in my face and the only time I really intentionally start throwing is when I’m behind and the match is almost over. Wins a lot of matches, but I’d rather be getting more cross ups and combos off.

This is sort of a silly thread, but here’s my answer:
If you meet up with a scrub or n00b or whatever, and you discover that they’re not up to your skill-level, simply beat him one match, then leave the room. No one is keeping you there. Search out the competition or add some of us as friends.

By the way, I’m old school too and we used to have “house rules”, but this was only between my dad, my brother, and I. For my dad, the rules were, no special moves (haha); for my brother, “cheap” throws weren’t allowed. Everywhere else, every tactic in the book is valid.

Sure, cross ups and combos are fancy, but does that define skill?

psst The answer is no.

Just talking shit, don’t mind me.

Tick throws are fine for me. I find it funny when other players does that on me and I punish it wit reversal flame kick and punish them with meaty fierce + fierce + rekka punches. I love it more when that combo dizzies and finish the round wit another combo with Perfect and they call me cheap.

I once had a player quit mid game on me after I constant punished him on wakeup with regular 3 hit rekka punches, called me a lousy player.