So Kikosho has some interesting properties

Much to my surprise… this happened:

What exactly is going on there? I guess because the Metsu came out too deep and intersected the Kikosho? I think it’s very clearly in the same space as Chun. I’ve never had this happen with other projectiles.

kikosho is a big ass green hitbox

In response to your post I went and found this:

It’s pretty big, but it’s not behind her. (In other words, it’s a big-ass green hitbox and not a big green ass-hitbox.)

I’ve known about this for a while. Ryu can actually Super and Ultra and Kikosho will still eat them. I’m pretty sure this is the case with Kikosho against most other projectile supers/ultras as well.

kikosho does have iframes on start up btw

I was curious so I looked around a bit everywhere for hitbox data, but the answer was actually pretty simple. Watch that Kikosho video again, look real closely and you’ll see a red lined box in the middle of her back. This represents the character’s vulnerable hitbox, just like the green lined boxes, but it’s invincible to projectile attacks. It was real hard to see with all those other colors going on, and it seems to only cover the mid range so supposedly Juri’s and Sagat low fireballs could still hit her during the animation. The projectile invincibility ends though once she’s in her recovery frames. Well that’s my guess anyway, I could be wrong though.

Bumping just because it happened to me too. Now I want to test all the other Super/Ultra fireballs lol