So, it seems next KOF is going DOA

KoF Maximum Impact 3 is finally here after long anticipation and waiting

That’s Goose Howard, his twin.

Yes, but you can’t have everything.

KOF XIII’s style is so damn expensive and slow that’s the exact reason why KOF XII and XIII took so long and were not really profitable.

XDZW are 3D models turned into sprites that look actually OK. The animations were cut down to optimize performance, but they could add more animation if they wanted, and also the fact they’re 3D models allows them to include tons of alternate costumes and other options.

Headband, you said?

Girl on the right is who exactly? Only blonde girl that immediately comes to mind in KoF is Blue Mary, but that doesn’t look like Mary to me.

EDIT: I’m an idiot, didn’t see the Fatal Fury text on her cap. Has to be Blue Mary.

Judging by her hat, shes B Jenet from Fatal Fury Mark of The Wolves.

Could be either of them I suppose, as they both got their start in the Fatal Fury universe.

Okay, the website you linked doesn’t say anything about what your pic shows except for that line of text in the pic itself, which google cannot translate, of course. Anybody speak Japanese?

EDIT: Nevermind, if you click on the pic below that just show Terry mad then it gives you more info. Running Wild is right, this looks like like a pachislot game.

I think that’s just a page showing job vacancies at SNKP.

Have people forgotten the past few years where we’ve had 2D games with 3D graphics that played just like 2D games (and not Maximum Impact)?

I’m glad they’re making a new KoF, i’m glad they are going for 3D, i’m not glad about these models. They look very very generic. Looks like a cheap “knockoff” made by amateurish 3D modellers.

fuck all that hoping we get more games that look like Xrd.

Just play Xrd.

Why would you consider playing anything else.

why does terry look older than geese? and hoahmaru look like popeye

But we like fighting games

Lol nope

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13411.shtml#64522

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13411.shtml#65011

Its “Alice,” she came to be in a pachinko game as well. http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Alice

I was warned this was going to happen.

Sigh.

I don’t care unless Rock and Momoko are in it.
Would also be nice to see Alfred and Rick from RB2 as well as some of the exclusives from the MI series.
If the next game is going to be a dream match then I want to see more underused characters.

This might be interesting.

The models look decent (except Terry but that’s because he looks nothing like he’s supposed to). SF4’s models are nothing special… neither is GGXrd.

Whatever rendering style they’re using better change it because those renders look like shit… this is why SF4 and GGXrd looks so much better.

I hope this means they’ll use something closer to a toon shader for the actual games because this is unacceptable.

Wow, that’s awesome. Definitely will improve the overall gameplay and pace if the next KoF plays more like 98 in terms of the combo system.