Shredder overhead city

i’ll keep this simple

wolvytron

dash in and pin them with tron, then use dash jump lk(hits on the way up)+drill claw down, rush back in and combo.

it all depends on how you manage ur tron pin, if you can full tron pin and you’re in range, you can get 3 reps of this option select without speed up

with speed up you can get more hits on the way up : his jump lk,fpXXdrillbutt or j.lk,lk,df drillbutt

after pressuring them into the corner with tron you can jump up and drill claw forward above their sprite and then use that wall stall to falling lk,lp or falling fp/fk. In the corner combine the initial jump lk+tronxxdrilldown and force the stun, follow this with the jump drill onto wall and alternate ur followup.

I’ve also managed to drill claw to the wall and then re-drill claw as a cross-up a few times, not sure about that one…

A big bonus with this pattern, is that after a flying screen combo using drillclaw, his dash speed lets him re-chain into tron for more random overheadXXdrill cancelsXXre-chains

he’s pretty crazy

i have some 60% safe assist punish stuff i’m working on, i’ll post it up when i work it out all the way.

Your just gonna go through the whole cast, aren’t ya? lol Your gonna be the only person that actually plays the whole game.

I like to rush down:wonder:

yeah me too, but i rush backwards, which is why i like Storm/Sentinel. lols

Btw, you know he’s speed up infinitie right? c.lk, s.mk, dash, repeat. im sure you can place tron in there face, and with pauses bait high/low. Too bad you can’t throw in that mode, otherwise it would be broken.

that mode is pretty broken

his moves come out way too fast

1 frame lp

2 frame launcher df fk

d.fp is sped up by 4 frames…

that fool can cross-up way better than some top tiers even.

with doom maybe he might be able to fight top tiers. lockdowns for chip, and tron on big damage on hits…just gotta keep them pinned, and manage that bar/activate…im just mashing strats here.

Wol/doom/tron

Mike ZaZa?

when you call doom, your not allowed to change the horizontal plane as rule of thumb. Because if you do, you lose rocks which add to the chip. Speed up wolvie is constantly dashing and changing the horizontal plane when doom first appeared. The way wolvie has to move combined with how doom works doesn’t make the 2 compatible.

Besides, theres no real reason to chip when wolvie is pratically guaranteed a hit in speed up mode. You can’t pushblock and if you sit there and try to block him out, he’ll eventually get an overhead into tron. Pushblock into guard cancel is only going to get you hit into infinite, into a random xup + tron.

don’t sacrifice 1 characters point play for team function. Wolvie ron needs an AA and morrigan qcf+pp dhc flat out rapes. A combo behind tron with wolvie into soul eraser is a dead something.

hmmmm good point, beastly team, nasty dhc, and rushdown team with invincable aaa, i like lol.

i have a few cheap lil squads designed around the same approach:wgrin:

in corner i’m messing around with this ghetto shit

dash in lp,lk,mp,mk,c.fk super jump cancel lk,mk,d.fk+tron then drill claw into corner.

pretty random positioning going on there.

I’ve been having alot of success playing wolvy/tron.what could possibly be effective? his ground dash chains into tron followed with random instant overheadsXXdrill claw…

It’s easy even to hit storm with the jump lk as she crouches.

vs storm calling drones from close/mid range, wolvy can

df fp slide+tronXXberserker special

any character that can maintain offense while sliding under sent-g has to be fun. of course you have to pick and choose vs storms positioning but the counter option is at least there.

i’ve also noticed that it’s really hard to stop a sped up wolvy from destroying your assist… I’ll try and work some of the guaranteed shit out and type it up.

he typically gets free 50% or so w tron

S-up Wolvie/tRon seems like its gonna be a low tier powerhouse. To be honest I keep on picking that duo up, but stopping when i realize how much work you need to put in. You’ve got to know how to freestyle block strings to just long enough to prevent pushblock and get your Tron in, and just that there is a lot of muscle-memory/reflex management and investigation into the properties of his normals. There’s a Strider/Doom-like quality to just how well you have to do your homework.

copy-pastable threadness

i filled up a vhs with random low-tiers and i know theres some random wolvie on there. straight up, low tier marvel needs a video exchange program. scholarly.

edit:

messed with wolvie/tron a little today and that c.HK sjc. combo is wild. still a big fan of this jap. speed-up infinite: [walk forward sLP, cr.LP] x a few reps then drop Thanos plus jumping pkp, HP, Bubbled. Best Combo. Even without Thanos it gives you the option to cr.FP slide under and reset/Tron pin.

okay. I activate S-up and they’re blocking-- whats the gnarliest hi-lo series i can lay on them? Right now Wolvies weak hanging behind big block stun off of Spiral Proj. doin block strings xx safe qcf+p. not how he needs to be played at all…

With wolverine/tron, you get the anti-roll knockdown + mix-up.

Wolverine: c.lk, c.lk, c.fk, drill claw forward (if you see the roll)…Follow-up

If your opponent rolls after the knock down, the will roll in the opposite direction (instead of away from wolverine) allowing you to keep the pressure on them. The drill claw will recover as the opponent gets is getting up, allowing you follow up with whatever. I like to mix it between instant overhead + tron or cross-up hcb+lp + tron. If the opponent doesnt roll, c.fk recovers next to them and you can still follow up.

It can be seen in this little [media=youtube]dIRf40YQME0"[/media] I made. Its at 2:08 in.
…This is not a plug.

I’m really liking Wolve/tron. Once sentinel is in the corner, almost seems like sentinel is screwed

anybody know Wolverine’s links into supers? was there one to chain into dp+kk?
it’s too bad the Wolverine main thread was deleted.

Maybe mixup can do a tier listing between Morrigan/tron, chunli/tron, wolverine/tron, cammy/tron, and bison/tron.

Right now I’m liking wolverine/tron more than any of them.

I’ve been playing psylocke/wolvie/tron as my main team recently. i’m going to try and make a video for this one instead of posting it all up.

crazy cheap basic rushdown:rock:

jaded, it’s really hard to rank between those characters, chun still has time to develop further. Cammy/tron is retarded. too many duo’s.

bison/tron is really really strong though, alot of complex setups are possible with his teleport W tron + his assist punish is crazy(his c.fk+tronXXscissorXXsuper on assist is funny)

also wolverines snapout game is ridiculous, alot of times he can do half life assist punish with tron and just snap from ground pressure for a really big advantage.

it’s amazing how hard he rushes down tron + cap

Yea, I remember you mentioning Bison + tron being really strong.

Care to go into more details, maybe in the bison threads? I’m very very curious to hear what you have to say, because if Bison is anything like what Strider/Tron is, I may very well have found the 3rd character I’ve been looking for . For now, Strider/Cable/Tron is working great for me … I’m using Shoultzula’s Cable-AAA/Capcom-AAA , far bomb xx activate , teleport, etc. to near-wipe out AAA in the beginning of matches… it’s crazy effective.

I’ve been experimenting with Bison/Tron but haven’t found anything great with his teleport yet.

And I know you love lowtier + tron, but give Strider/Tron a try. I think it’s top-tier team material based on the play I’ve done at CF. Mag/Storm have a hard time getting in and their low stamina lose to Tron assist, Sent can get locked into eternal orb lockdown, and Cable is just cable. Only caveat is that you can’t make a mistake (even more so since Tron won’t cover strider’s ass as well as Doom’s rocks all over the place), but that’s nothing new for Strider players.

^^^

You don’t get to make many mistakes in marvel these days period, but I definitely hear you :sweat:

haha so you are ak

DL the old Jchensor vids at preppys site - the Xmen compilation stormwolvie one has the links into dp+2K
Links from qcf +2P and DP +HP.

he’s the Ak guy who used mst like 7 years ago?

I’ve seen AK play at CF. He also uses wolv/strider/tron, too, right?