Shot Formation B can cancel some Special Moves

I been playing Strider for a long time and just realized this.

Summon Formation B = Normal Cancelable

Shot Formation B = Normal and Special Cancelable

However, the special moves are limited to only

Ame-no-Murakumo L, M, H
Gram L, M, H

This means when you do any of these two moves, you can cancel it anytime as long as you have an orb out.

This is similar to Zero’s level 3 buster. But instead of all special moves, it is limited to two.

This actually gives Ame-no-Murakumo a purpose.

You can use the forward momentum from Ame-no-Murakumo to close in on your opponent but cancel it into Shot Formation B before the slash comes out.

You can also freely fish out Gram M and Gram H and cancel it into Shot Formation B if you notice that it will not hit anything.

You can also do things like do a special move, bait a punish, and then cancel into Shot Formation B.

This is what I came up with from the top of my head but I am pretty sure you can do a lot more things with this.

Anyways. For those who don’t know, Gram and Ame-no-Murakumo can be canceled! So please use it.

Cooolll, I didnt know this.

Read the guide man! I’ve known this since day 1. This is the reason most Strider’s are ass. None of them abuse the satellite cancel frame traps. Cancel St.H into Satellite, run up and do st.H (right outside their range so they can’t cr.L you), Gram L, shoot satellite and you get a mixup. If it all hits you get Gram Loops in the corner and If they’re mashing they’re going to get hit by satellite, but if they aren’t they’ll just block the satellite which gives you a free mixup since it’s +8 IIRC.

Yea how is this not known? How do people think I did any of the combos I did in my videos for him when the game came out etc? lol