Shoryuken wants your feedback! Let’s build a brighter future together!

I know. I left comments kn a bunch of articles because people did good work and wanted ti at least let them know that somebody cared.

But by that point pivoting was hard. There were a lot of articles that should’ve gotten more notice than they did.

Couldnt be helped that you had random pros commenting on ehubs rather than SRK. Their comment section is continually terrible but there would go Xian, Mike Z and other people working hard to lower IQs.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen the front page for years but from what I know, the front really should have been about strategy articles as that was the core of what made this place (specifically those strategy forums) amazing when I first joined 16 years ago.

With so many fighting games over the years, there would be plenty of articles/ways to theme when certain info can come out on a regular basis.

3 Likes

If I still had the time, I’d pivot it to more evergrern content. Strategy, long feature articles, editorials, and whatnot. Less of the stuff that’s only relevant for a short time, that doesn’t age well anyway.

I’ll list some stuff, not in order:

1. Forum overhaul with pages and a better format. I understand this costs money which may be scarce, but shit, crowd fund it or something. Give us something that’s not worse than discord.
  2. I know most people here hate Discord, but I think there should be an official SRK discord to replace the other 9 “srk” discords. Needlessly splitting an already clique-y commmunity
  3. Possible wiki overhaul. It needs a dedicated “owner” who will approve account requests, and do necessary tasks. The website for the wiki is also probably over a decade old, and there are a lot of new tools and things that could be added to make things easier. There’s even a “community” page on the wiki that is completely unused, it just says “to be added later.”
  4. I don’t particularly use the frontpage, but whatever is done with it, it’s clear it needs more than 1 or 2 updates per month. It’s good when there’s a new game or new arcade stick to have a review, but frankly much more is needed. They used to post good posts from the forum on the frontpage, which encouraged people to sit down and write long, detailed posts about FG theory or matchups. That stuff is important, as Twitter and discord are NOT good repositories of information.
  5. Once again an issue of money, since people don’t work for free, but the forum probably needs more mods, and the frontpage needs more writers.

It’s interesting that there are so many people interested in a SRK revival, when it seems the founders… just don’t care anymore. I mean, if they care, they should show us something.

4 Likes

Arcade stick guides would be one of unique information on the sites more than just a fighting tips.

2 Likes

Use the people in your community of the forums to help build this site up. You have hundreds of folks who come to this forum in one way or another. Give your Mods and staff who are HERE working with the site day in and out some more power. I been visiting this site since APEX points and the site was barely fitting on my CRT. You had Prem that was a decent source of cash but honestly without some of the founders or fathers of the site releasing some power this ask for suggestions is going to be in the trash bin.

7 Likes

I like your foolish optimism OP.

4 Likes
1 Like

They banned me for 1,000 years. If that doesnt show they care then nothing does.

But it kinda goes back to that weird divide. Site is owned by somebody who doesnt use it and people think the front page is the whole site.

You can rehab SRK but like I said earlier, you gotta pick a direction.

7 Likes

Setup a dedicated Tech Talk wiki, and invite some of the old TT heads to edit it/mod content. Of course, the chances of this happening are like fucking none.

If that won’t work, get the discourse developers to make a signature plugin for the forum.

1 Like

Shit I don’t want to do it.

1. I spend to many hours to create the guides I did on tech talk to ether get asked “Oh why did X, Y, and Z got left out” despite they having little relivance to the topic on hand.
  2. Shit changes or updates faster than I can keep up with alone.

I miss when TechTalk, Image Mishmash (shout out to Shatta) and the Trade Outlet were on the same levels of GD when it came to foot traffic and posters

Shit was the best.

I also miss how awesome all the SNK fighters threads were. When you could keep Dark Geese on task dude was a near bottomless well of knowledge when it came to most SNK games.

I tried out a bunch of SNK games cause of those threads. NeoGeo Battle Coliseum and KoFXI are both among my favorite fighters of all time due to their respective threads.

5 Likes

Dark Geese could be so fucking frustrating to deal with lol. His SNK knowledge seemed limitless tho.

4 Likes

Nocturnal constantly dunking on him made it worth it lol.

The only time he got really annoying to me is when he wouldn’t stop jock riding Mexican players despite tournament results showing America, Japan, Korea and China would own them free

2 Likes

Bow thay did i miss big time. Noct was fucking awesome and MOTWs thread was an AMAZING source of information about that game.

3 Likes

Made a quick account because I saw this thread was going down. I posted mainly in GD years ago, and ended up leaving because it was a blight on SRK for the most part.

I’m seeing a lot of people say the forums are pointless now. How much does upkeep cost a month, and how many active users are there? Honestly, when the SRK forums were shutting down years ago, I don’t even remember them being saved and pushed onto Discourse. That’s how much the SRK forums phased out for me and others.

2 Likes

This would be great because it would mean less time for you to post in GD.

Seriously though, a TT wiki would be great. But we’d need to update the wiki software.

Footage of Pertho after he was unbanned.
unnamed

11 Likes

Just smash all the banned folks in a section of the forum and fight it out with various subjects like Tipping, racism and who won the last 3 console wars as weapons.

3 Likes

I’m not going to go into all the details about why this is wrong but I get it.

If I could find a solution to new posters going into GD first to post, I’d do it. Nobody new coming into SRK should be doing it to go mess around in GD.

Either way, fill out the guy’s survey, I don’t think LazyBone dude is actually reading the thread anymore.

1 Like

Yeah . . . .

Say what you want about Discord, at least the site loads.

3 Likes