She Hulk Question and Answers Thread: Ask a quick question here!

Emerald Loop coined by Trag13 (known by everyone) is

j.M, j.H, j.S … repeat.

You can repeat this to grounded opponents, as well as airborne. Airborne opponents allow more loops than grounded opponents for some reason. If the opponent is standing this does not work on short characters and can be really hard to hit on very skinny players (x-23, storm, deadpool). If they’re airborne everyone is free game.

Tips:

Hit the M as you go up the H when you’re at the top, and S on the way down. It can be tricky and you might have to delay the S a little bit in order to have time to jump and repeat.

I’m no expert on getting opponents in the ‘airborne’ state I was talking about but I know of two ways. Doom rocks assist, and c.H Xfactor Cancel. I think one of the Trag13 videos has some airborne setups, check them out.

With the X-Factor Cancel you can do the loop up to 5 times (the last hit whiffs) If you’re in x-factor level 3 it will kill sentinal on the 4th loop, and many others well before then. Hit confirm to a slide, X-Factor Cancel, and loop til they die!

Been thinking bout that, not really sure, maybe more AA hyper when ever sent commits to a poke, but besides that I honestly don’t know, I don’t know about her AA grabs range/priority so I cant recommend it. Will have to test that out. I am planning on running dante on my team so I guess ill just use that jam session assist to keep sent honest.

For anyone who’s tested it in actual play, how do you feel Shulkie’s anti-air assist performs AS an anti-air/GTFO assist? I need one for Dormammu.

i would not use her AA grab/AA hyper against an aerial sent. for some odd reason , j.:s: will beat it out. that’s why i think resetting sent is a very very bad idea. she-hulk has a hard time with zoning characters and characters who can fly. her game is mostly ground-based, where you can pin them down and hit either assist mixups or her blockstring/groundgame. the number one thing i look to punish for sent is his s.:s:. if you see it whiff or blocked, go for a slide (unless he can hyper cancel it?). it’s your best chance at a punish. never ever try to throw random normals out unless you have him in blockstun already, or you’re asking to eat a cr.:m:. at best, if you see a flying sent, you could superjump and immediately block and hope he commits to a j.:s: (since it cancels his flight mode) to take him back on the ground. that’s all the input i have on the matchup. a keepaway sent is very hard for she-hulk to overcome. the worst matchup i’ve had was vs sent/doom. hidden missiles will keep you pinned to the ground and lasers will keep you away if you don’t have an assist to negate it.

He can’t hyper cancel on block or whiff. Anyone can hyper cancel a launcher as long as they jump cancel it (such as Felicia’s Toy Touch jump-cancelled into her hyper, even when you can’t cancel Toy Touch into the hyper).

Example: Haggar can launch, then do :dp::uf:+:atk::atk: (more like :dp::f::uf::u:) for the body press hyper. However, the only way a launcher is jump-cancellable is on hit. So no worries there, sweep Sent the hell away.

How do you do the She-hulk torpedo OTG cancel into :s: corner-only relaunch?
I remember Ultradavid was talking about it when Justin was playing Combofiend last night in Final Round.

The way I get it to come out consistently is cancelling the torpedo as it hits with :d::d:+:s:, then immediately hitting :f:+:s: (not exactly at the same time but almost). End result is your opponent is spinning from the Torpedo and you’re standing. Depending on how many hits you got before the knockdown in the first place is whether you can tack on a s.:m: before :s: but :s: should hit. Off of a back throw or her Road Rage level 3, you can score an easy relaunch, but if you try a full air combo then OTG Torpedo you might have hitstun deterioration and they might recover before they get hit with :s: so experiment a bit.

This is probably a scrub question but I have to ask: I see lots of top players pick she-hulk, I’m just not seeing why yet. So I figured I’d come to this thread to ask. I play arthur/dorm/hulk and have lots of trouble w/sent/doesn’tmatter/whocares teams or wolverine/wesker/tron is another one.

I hear she’s great against Sentinel cause of resets. Are there any examples? I fought a she-hulk online and it had me in the corner, did a knockdown and somehow picked me back up again and I had no idea how to get her the fuck off me. Either this player was good or my defense is that horrific against her, cause it seems like anybody who picks she-hulk owns me.

Answers to any of my questions above would help me out a lot. I’m picking up this bitch to learn her, just need some tips. I’ve read other threads already but haven’t found my answers

EDIT: Ok, I found what i’m talking about. It’s at 3:47, dante gets knocked to the ground, the screen goes black, a yellow/gold flash and he gets relaunched. How do you do this?

[media=youtube]AR7levSwuyo&playnext=1&list=PL375EE1F007A537FC[/media]

After knocking them down, do the Torpedo OTG, cancel it into running stance, cancel that, then launch.

Essentially, you do the Torpedo and then press :d::d::s::s::s:.

This is She-Hulk’s basic bnb. After launching them, you super jump, hit :h::s: immediately, then start spamming :d::h: to do the Diving Senton. As soon as Diving Senton hits, you do a team aerial exchange, which fails because She-Hulk is so low to the ground, and simply resets her to neutral standing position. You can re-launch immediately and continue to combo. Might want to consider looking at the combo thread next time, as it’s on page 1.

Nori, that’s her TACc. Basically as toxophile said, launch, immediate sj.:h::s:, immediate :d::h:, as soon as the assdrop hits, do a TAC (direction + :s:) which will cancel because it lands early, from here you just c.:h::s: relaunch.

She is good because of resets off of OTG torpedo, but Sent can just frying pan a lot of her stuff.

This may sound like a scrub question but did i see Combofiend do a OTG torpedo to a launcher? If so how did the do it?

did you even read anyone post to see if they asked the same question? Heres a hint, post #36.

Yeah sorry, didn’t see it and by the way its #26 not #36.

Hit the otg, do down, down, then double tap the special button twice!

Hey guys, I was playing MvC3 in a tourney yesterday, and my buddy told me just before it started you can just exchange counter She-Hulk’s Taac Bnb.

Luckily I remembered it just when I was playing a She-hulk mirror, and basically by mashing down+S when the Senton Bomb hit me, I was able to exchange counter the other She-hulk away whenever she went into her Bnb. (I did it with She-Hulk and with Ammy.) This really frustrated the other dude to no end especially as he wasn’t countering my Taac bnbs :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t got the chance to extensively test it yet, but what’s the point of the Taac combo if the opponent can just counter it outright? (Or at the very least has a chance to stop your combo.)

Can anyone here shed some more light on this?

I haven’t figured out how to counter it reliably yet. You can always change the direction input for the TACc as well.

wahts this business with emerald loop? and how to combo off after the 2nd hit of emerald loop? is it midscreen or corner thing only?

nm found the answer

Does anyone know why her dropkick super sometimes misses if I try to do it more than once? For instance,

I do a simple s.S, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S x run x torpedo x super and this works 100% of the time.

I try to

s.S, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S x run x torpedo x super (2 hits or so) x run x torpedo x super again and it gets stupid unreliable. She’ll land the drop kick then flip back to the end of stage and then just belly flop where ever she damn well pleases. Where am I going wrong on this? Can I make this reliable?

You only get 1 wallbounce per combo. The first super already used it, so where you’d normally get the wallbounce in the 2nd super, the opponent would just recover.