SFxT Side Tournament at EVO 2014

EVO is the granddaddy of all fighting game tournaments, the Super Bowl of the the FGC, and where people gather on a worldwide scale to mine the salt of their fellow members of humanity, regardless of whatever language barriers separate their trash talk. This year, Street Fighter x Tekken will be returning to Las Vegas with a $10 side tournament starting 10 AM PST on Saturday, July 12th. The tournament will be recorded in its entirety via Avermedia Portable, and a PC-free commentary setup will be put in place so that those big-time matchups can get the hype they deserve. The revolution WILL be televised!

The rules are as follows:

-All setups will be on 360
-$10 to enter, registration will begin Friday afternoon. We’ll be collecting fees before pools begin, or you could pay when you check in Friday. Alternatively, you can pre-register here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FaRDuIhNH1fL-upzcnCGvWfrGG7yF4Cgdg0JbQTI3pA/viewform and we’ll collect it when you get there. If you’d rather pay electronically ahead of time, e-mail the TO Psychoblue at sfxtevo@gmail.com and we’ll figure something out.
-best 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5 Grand Finals, Double Elimination
-Tournament standard Gem Sets
-Bring Your Own Controller Policy

We’ll do our best to be accommodating for those of you who play other pools throughout the day. Our primary concern is to showcase what Street Fighter x Tekken does best: rise above the hate and steal the show. For two straight years, SFxT was the MVP of hype at Final Round, and last year saw new blood rise through the ranks and make Top 8 at EVO in Street Fighter x Tekken. What new surprises and tech are in store for us this year? We’ll find out Saturday, July 12th, 2014!

Where can we see this SFxT tournament on the web?

Everything will be uploaded on my youtube channel devoted for this, PsychoblueSFxT, on the day of or day after the tournament is finished.

Thx i added you.

I might enter this shit…

I should hope so! You signed up and I put your name in the challonge bracket earlier this week.

We have 41 people playing so far. It’ll be a worthy pot bonus!

Looking forward to thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!

I didn’t practice for this unfortunately (and my characters need practice lol), but I’ll definitely be watching it and may be in for some casuals. Either way I hope it turns out well.

Go for it, man!

Can’t attend. But man I AM HYPED! Psycho, in case you get your borrowed i3 working with a stream setup, make sure I’m the first one to know. Live matches are the best. The COOLKID vs. Kelvin Jeon match at FR was 173865194% hype partly due to the fact that I saw it live while holding my breath.

Plus, I usually spoil Grand Finals for myself on Youtube when my eyes inevitably catch view of the video duration. If it ain’t above 10-15 mins, bracket didn’t get reset. D:

Wow, seriously? I mean, I like SFxTK an’ all, but it seems kind of odd, seeing as how the majority HATED it.

A person is smart, people are stupid.

Good luck SFxTers!

When in doubt: PANDORA!

I hope you will update your youtube chanel soon.
I would really like to see SFxT evo tournament.