SFV Lounge: Season 4 is almost upon us, hide your mains

Yeah I saw that today. Not sure I agree.

For me it’s still the dashes and the shit mid range. The throws are only a result of those things.

If you took out meaty throw (in this game) you’d need better mix ups on their KD like cross ups and empty lows.

1 Like

Lol, this negro is mad corny. He may as well complain about getting punched in the boxing ring, fucking prima Donna top players can’t get rhr feet wet.

Getting throw looped in the corner where you had to push your opponent or atleast corner carry them is corny but throwing 100 sonic booms a round without ever needing to gain any particularly spacing… isnt… yeah. Uh huh. This idiot probably thinks it’s fine to take a female on a date to mcdonalds.

And what’s with all these top players complaining about throws? First alioune now dieminion. What in the entire fuck.

2 Likes

Discount Mika.

2 Likes

I don’t get it, what’s the problm with meaty throws? I thought that only a few characters had a true loop in the corner, like Sakura.

Weren’t there 2 throw invincible frames on wakeup and after blockstun in SFV? I always assumed it, and considered pretty dumb.

Sakura lost her true loop in 3.5.

These guys would never be able to play 3S. Lots of situations where you basically have to take repeated throws to not die other ways faster.

1 Like

My twitter-fu sucks but all I could gather from reading the comments is that he’s salty from losing to scrub Cammys.

But of course top players try not to complain about characters because it makes them look scrubby and all, so instead they make throw some vague shade at the game’s fundamentals to look “deep”.

2 Likes

Just bring back S2 Laura and Rog.

I dunno. I’d say sky is almost the limit at this point. Outside of fixing Ken’s hair on the select screen or the netcode.

I mean this is the fastest we’ve finished a DLC season of characters, for once Capcom doesn’t need to give us much any news because they actually gave us a decent amount of content for a short time and the game is even getting an arcade cab. I figured we wouldn’t get any new supers or such for S3, but there is obvious stuff in the game that leads to believe that there will be more options and things to choose from for S4.

1 Like

It is almost the 23rd.
Where are the news of the new Falke costume that must be included with every new big patch Capcom? :stuck_out_tongue:

y’all remember shinkiro? who made a DMC5 pic sorry for being off topic but talking about this linear game gets boring

3 Likes

Never understand the new CA’s requests.

They have reasons to exists in 3s and SF4, but even in those games you’re going to pick the best one anyway. General zoning in SFV is ass, so even an anti-fireball Super is useless here. New CA’s would be good just from a visual/aesthetic point, but nothing will change in the meta of this game. It’s the V-System balance the problem, this happen when Capcom listened to the fans who wants an heterogeneous mechanic for SF. Thank y’all.

6 Likes

No blog post yet. I say doom and gloom is upon us and we won’t get the patch until after Canada Cup. Don’t want all of those people complaining that their timing is off due to the sudden mid season lag change

1 Like

I bought Witch Kolin and saw she’s the best selling skin right now. I’m part of the problem and I’m okay with that. Also bought Goth Falke because why not.

3 Likes

Dammit Capcom. This is a low blow. You are so damn evil.

8 Likes

So nice to finally have Mecha Gief. I am satisfied.

5 Likes

I don’t understand the suggestions tab. It recommended me hella Guile costumes/colors/Titles because I faced one online like, a month ago?
Yuriko’s algorithm is almost as bad as YouTube trying to recommend shit smh. Ah well, she’s trying

I need to learn more about Guile.

No, you’re part of the solution and why Marvel 4 is upon us. Even if we have to wait until next gen, your purchases have secured the next crack

3 Likes

I don’t even use Kolin and bought that costume on PC and PS4 because it is much better than it has any right to be.
And I also just bought the GnG/DMC costume bundle on PS4 because I didn’t want to do the 4 gems for Ryu and Bison along with the music extra battle and they were giving me 15% off due to PS+.

They need to give me more pretty costumes to buy!

1 Like

But… but… but… how will I make do without the monthly Falke costume? :frowning:
The input lag fix would be nice, sure, but yeah, Canada Cup… They might postpone because of that and release it days before the Latam Regional Finals because fuck LATAM.
Capcom hates us.

1 Like

Are Abigail hurboxes still missing? I swear I couldn’t whiff punish his st.lp despite him spamming it in front of my face