SFV Lounge: No News after the grass, 10K POWERRRRRRR

Sonicsol’s got pretty in depth tutorial on samsho.

6 Likes

Btw, can Urien’s aegis reflect Kunai ? I’m guessing not since it does not count as a projectile.

You see that dude in the Canoe?

FUCK THAT GAME FUCK I HAVE PTSD NOW Edit: I just remembered, I don’t think I’ve ever completed a javelin throw in the game. Challenge Accepted.

3 Likes

The regular ones “technically” reflect, but only from a very short range and then they disappear. Which means as long as you’re not too close to the Aegis they kinda just cancel out and can be used to clear the Aegis.

EX kunai has attack box property even though it’s a projectile sorta technically so basically it just passes through the Aegis. Makes no interaction with it.

Kage is weird. His regular fireball doesn’t reflect but his ex fireball does.

Urien’s aegis is just the perfect trigger imo.

Can be used defensive,offensive,will condition the other player and it’s pure robbery.

I sometimes wonder if 2 charges of it is too much.

1 Like

I had that. Fun times.

1 Like

Never owned the first one. I would play a next gen version of the game…actually no…no I wouldn’t it would be locked behind so many paywall/lootbox bullshit because EA would be the developers

edit: OH DEAR GOD IT WAS A KONAMI GAME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It’s fine the way it is. It’s supposed to be cheap. If it wasn’t cheap, it wouldn’t be Aegis. The only game Aegis was fair in was CFJ and there’s no point in having a fair Aegis.

So like I was saying. Aegis is supposed to be cheap.

2 Likes

That looked like a round of DBFZ.

My 09er friend will get a seizure when he sees this. What happened to street fighter with beautiful neutral and footsies!!!

Aegis should just he tied to super meter rather than revenge meter.

But that’s a problem with the game as a whole.

2 Likes

Poor Ono has probably nothing to do with that monstrosity.

4 Likes

Definitely agree that some gameplay philosophies carried over, as they tend to do in NRS games

That’s what gave me pause. Injustice 2 had better walk speeds than Igau, but if anyone walks decently it’s only backwards, and no proximity block or button block means there is no consequence to just holding back in attack range. I2, at the highest level, was about whether or not you could get a player to stop holding back and doing moves that either auto tracked or covered the whole screen. The game also had invulnerable wakeups as a rule for no bar and invincible backdashes, which made for a drastically more exasperating getup game.

By contrast, MK11 has shorter stages and way less auto tracking and backward mobility. The block button also means that things like poking out of pressure, throwing, and even the jumpin game work a lot differently.

I realize that on the surface it doesn’t look that different but it definitely plays different. It’s not difficult to get a hold of, but there are key fundamental differences. I think 11 is definitely the most 3D-ish of the games they’ve released, whereas Injustice embraces more of a “I won’t play if I don’t want to” style

1 Like

Yeah there are technical differences between the games, but NK11 is obviously the MK version of what their development theory was with IJ2. Focus on splitting people back into the mid range with different types of wake ups and emphasis on walk speeds. The basis of what both games are trying to achieve in neutral is very apparent.

Don’t ever post that Capco Logo stick ever again, ever ever again. I clear my head from Capcom for 3-4 days and they release that shit

srk forum exclusive dark raiden reveal

2 Likes

3 Likes

better?

10 Likes