SFV Lounge: No News after the grass, 10K POWERRRRRRR

you know, someone offers a game with that exact option

1 Like

Also Shao kahn looks sick as fuck from the trailer
double also the 2 moves I wanted the most for Kotal are on the same official tournament variation so I am very happy yayyy

1 Like

Yessirs.

1 Like

You must be very naive if you think I will play a stupid gore fest like that.

4 Likes

you must be very naive if you don’t play the latest and greatest game in lord boons franchise, the game that will save the fgc!!!

Yeah because a game that can barely get anyone to go to events is gonna save shit

5 Likes

In regards to changes next game imo it’s clear they need to slow down the speed of the game. At the moment it’s all scrambles. Mixup between jumps/dashes, fast recovery normals that prevent whiff punishing, Low blockstun that makes it difficult to punish certain specials/tc’s. Offline it’s bad. Atm the game is almost unplayable online on the ps4.

2 Likes

Didn’t Injustice 2 already save the FGC? Why does NK11 need to do it?

This was a very convenient extreme lag on my shot VTC an otherwise very smooth match against a Fang player.

I attribute the speed primarily to how often two players get into interactions, and how long space is simply held/nothing significant is happening on screen. IV was much slower, but a combination of improved movement and as you say, worse defensive tools that keep interactions going for longer make SFV super fast paced.

But I enjoy fast paced, and I like to think a majority of players do personally prefer a slightly faster paced game. If scramble situations were removed in favour of a defensive tool that resets rather than creates chaos, I think it’d be at a great speed. I wouldn’t like them to slow it down much.

They play that way in gold and silver in AU.

Played an ultra/super diamond juri or w/e that was smurfin the other day. Same shit. Played a plat necalli the other day. Same shit.

Played a bla bla this character the other day… same shit.

I guess tonight there is a bonus for going one and done at ranked…

2 Likes

On the real, I really hope the MK scene flourishes this time around. Don’t wanna see it start off strong and then fizzle out so quickly. I may not be big on NRS games, but I love to see scenes for games improve instead of decrease.

2 Likes

I’d suggest DOA6 but I know how you feel about busty female characters.

DOA6 has Bass Armstrong to compensate, at least. And Tina with a back strong enough to carry those large… tracts of land.
And they do male fan service too, even if it is on the same level of the female fan service. But there is a man for every female taste there.
So DOA has my favour.

I hate the gore on MK and won’t touch it even with a 3 metres pole, but I too do hope that it will have a strong scene.
For the fighting games community to flourish and grow, we need strong scenes all around.

1 Like

Lord Boon lied about no unplayable NPCs in the story mode, apparently.

In that case, DOA6 shows whether a player is on WiFi or LAN. You can decline matches with WiFi users.

MK usually starts out strong and then fizzles out after. I imagine the game coming out a month after Combo Breaker means there should be a lot of hype around the tournament there. It’s just by next year it will inevitably slow down.

Hopefully it won’t be 17 entrants bad although admittedly part of that was due to the natural switching order where people just drop the game because they know they have to become Neutral Kombat players in a month. It’s not going to beat SFV or Tekken for entrants, but it should stay stronger than IJ2 just because it’s more historic and the gameplay is essentially IJ2 with MK characters and slightly different meter systems. Which means if you were already solid at IJ2 you basically just do most of the same shit in this game with more historic characters to the FGC.

1 Like

On a random note, it is really hard to time over people when they keep rushing on you and killing themselves while trying to rush in with characters not meant to do that.

he said specifically no unplayable npcs you have to fight(minus kronika). That has held up to my knowledge. People have chosen to omit that key fact.