SFV Lounge: No News after the grass, 10K POWERRRRRRR

Let us root for our own Akhos to body that Wizzo guy then body JWong on winners bracket on his second match. :heart: :heart: :heart:

4 Likes

Holy shit. Xykes aka our Lord and saviour Lone Dragon is in pool B

6 Likes

I have no idea in which pool Jin is, though.
I couldn’t find his handle when searching for players there. :frowning:

So, Octopath traveler is coming to PC and you can now pre-order on steam, I have waited for it but is not like I am in a rush to play it, I can wait for a discount, but a cool pre-order bonus I might fork the mullah

Pre-purchase Octopath Traveler™ today and get a set of stunning wallpapers (Sizes: 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1920 x 1080, 2560 x 1600, 3840 x 2160).

1 Like

Octopath is… okay. Not great, not bad. Just okay. Fun combat system and the characters aren’t terrible(Tressa’s great. Go Tressa), but I recall the game getting pretty grindy at one point so I just lost interest.

Octopath has very similar highs and lows to the Bravely Default games. Not what I would call amazing but you can also do a helluva lot worse IMO.

Highland may have left us to our Cipher filled wasteland but he is still kicking out dat Gat YT content:

Neat idea and something I never thought to do.

11 Likes

I’m confused

The flag in the video is of New Zealand but the accent I’m hearing is Irish/Scottish

Does not compute

It’s Highland. :V

1 Like

a J- RPG that gets grindy? TRAVESTY!

1 Like

Oh shit, we are now gonna see the face of the greatest shill of all time :open_mouth:

4 Likes

My favorite JRPGs actually never did get grindy. I know it happens rather frequently in the genre, but the ones that do force you to grind to proceed are not my thing (unless said game was Phantasy Star Online, but that’s a different case for obvious reasons).

I actually cant wait haha

1 Like

Bonk

5 Likes

I fully expect him to just be a walking version of that Capcom double joystick thing from a couple of months back with arms and legs.

2 Likes

Oh god, I bet that if that stick had a single player version he would be bringing that to the tourney

Ni No Kuni 2 is hella grindy once you try to get beyond level 100. And NOT in a fun way. Recently I’ve been playing Breath of Fire 4 on my phone, and that game seems hella fun.

Shit I’d believe he would bring that behemoth and just play the 1p side. Cover the 2p side with his Capcom Funko Pop figures and the things he has been able to squirrel out of Ono’s garbage.

Gotta rep dat lyfe.

1 Like

I will second the opinions on Octopath. Its not great.

Its pretty much a JRPG that only has combat, the story and progression are boring as hell, so the only thing the game has is combat.

And that combat is aggressively slow, and the game frequently requires lots of grinding to get through. I dropped it about half way through because at that point I no longer enjoyed anything about it.

Basically the game specializes in everything that is bad about JRPG’s. Bravely default was much better.

I don’t mind grindy jrpgs but octopath has a really boring story. It was only hyped to hell because it was a switch exclusive.

I have a few friends who are massive Nintendo fanboys and even they couldn’t bring themselves to complete the game.

They were extremely hyped and were trying to find an early copy of the game from mom and pop stores.

Have a feeling he’ll be wearing a Uniqlo SF5 shirt during Combo Breaker.