SFV Lounge: No News after the grass, 10K POWERRRRRRR

It’s not unsalvageable, but the character needs a “Ragnarok” moment at this point I think.

2 Likes
Summary

She has no personality because they filmed Captain Marvel and Endgame at the same exact time. The Russos didn’t want to slant her personality too hard in case the ones behind Captain Marvel went in a different direction, so they were forced to pretty much blank slate her ass as much as possible.

I’m alive
Twin is still a scrub
MK is still shit

1 Like

Sounds good.

1 Like

Just hit a wall in mk11 ranked

My path has been-

-go 50/50 with casuals.
-start winning like 80% of my games as i figure out the game and my character. No longer lose to casuals.
-run into other guys who know how to play a bit and start getting bodied

I think im at this spot until i learn other characters strings and get better at dealing with certain strats.

Also im pretty sure my character scorpion is top tier. So much braindead easy stuff.

Me and a coworker discussing Endgame:

Me: i liked it but Capt. Marvel was lame

Coworker: Yea

Random person jumping into our convo: “Brie Larson is a feminist who hates all men…”

Me:

11 Likes

So you are ditching Ed for Falke?
AWESOME! I knew you would see the light!

1 Like

Nope, just wanted more EXP and FM so I’m just going through the roster on weekends

Hence the first few being me playing Kage

Well, you KNOW you want to be a Falke main! So just do it! :stuck_out_tongue:

After playing her again I know I don’t want to be a Falke main

She doesn’t fit me at all

Yesterday was the first day I ever fought a Falke online. She’s been out for, what, a year? And I haven’t encountered one until now.

The character needs a Winter Soldier make over extreme. And that’s saying allot because Evans wasn’t even bad, Cap just felt bland.

Basically.

This is the benefit of the MCU format, the characters usually get more than a few shots, so maybe with different writes/directors they can make something work. The actress can act, so I’m cautiously optimistic that with better writing and direction, it could be better.

I would also argue that they really need to make sure the character has a real flaw. As an example, Thor was crazy powerful, but not to the point where his mere presence solved conflicts, especially since he’s not super smart.

Feels difficult to make overpowered characters simultaneously interesting, at least as far as superhero films go. Not impossible, but those seem to be the ones that can go the “mediocre” route the easiest.

Glad they got it to work with Thor though in the end, even if it took 5 films (counting Avengers and Age of Ultron). I enjoyed Ragnaraok quite a lot as well as his appearance in Infinity War.

Very hard, but Marvel has done it with plenty of other characters.

Also, regarding Thor, while I agree it took them a while to mold him into something compelling, he was never handled in such a way that he obsoleted the rest of the cast.

As i’ve said before, Marvel has more than earned the benefit of the doubt, and they have a history of course correcting successfully.

2 Likes

Master takes forever :c

Kenji outfit for Zeku is pretty good.

20 days until I go back online and bop TWINBLADES.

:pray:

Any suggestions on what the SRK Forums twitch page should say on it? For some reason I’m drawing blanks on what to write in it.

Random aside, but this reminded me why I stopped watching Arrow

Once Flash started crossing over it felt like Arrow was just obsolete and there wasn’t really any reason Arrow should still be winning anything aside from luck, or why he was even still needed. Made him feel even more like discount Batman but with a weapon set I liked more

Still enjoyed Seasons 1-3 though

That’s how people who work in Japanese arcades look though.

Frost is cool though, I’ve been labbing her a lot recently.

Search your feelings. You know that you wanting to be a Falke main is true.
It is your destiny to ditch that trash Ed guy for the best SF girl.