SFV Lounge: Makoto is coming for sure. F2P definitely. RIP Pertho's doggy

Absolutely, nothing I said negated anyone from being good nor the character having complicated stuff.

I was simply saying a little bit of practice will let that character carry you a long way. For what it’s worth, I feel the same way about Kolin VT2.

Same, any matchup where pushing them all the way out is useful I will use it.

But mos time VT2 is far and away the better option, and I’m not even sure VT1 is actually better against the birds of the world.

Because kanji sucked.

If you are in a rough spot in P4A. First try one normal, and if that doesn’t work… try your other normal…

(I know I’m not being fair but as I’ve said, I do not like that game).

Just to be sure, I wasn’t trying to undersell how much a couple of simple setups or just the unga factor can carry someone with Urien, the character is absolutely strong

1 Like

I was interesting in trying, I can tell tekken is a good game, just probably not my cup of tea.
Think is I don’t have a main game RN, trying to get better at KoF but is hard as fuck to learn when I can only play people that know how to play.

This is where My search for another character came from, running games vs players, many of which I think were better than I, and realizing the whole plan was to get punched in the face until I got VT2. Then I had a 50/50 shot at exploding them on the spot…

Those are very hollow victories to me.

A lot of her setplay is predefined and easy to stop by just not rising. See Kolin go for the left/right with hail? Just don’t rise, she gets nothing.

You don’t stop her dash. Much better expenditure of VT bar.

1 Like

Lots of setplay I see Neon use is so tame compared to shit you get hit with in Marvel. If a Kolin wants to waste trigger and meter on weak ass left/rights go for it, lmao.

Most the Kolins I see only force setplay from air resets and parries.

Her grounded setplay from soft knocks is just straight up bad unless the other dude is oblivious

He sure did! One of the reasons why that try normal, try the other normal didn’t work out for me.

I really liked the game at the time but I would probably like it a lot less now. Also the aforementioned long chained asskickings where I was a bad training mode bot. Which come to think of it probably should have left me hating the game.

…you know I’m trying to browse on my lunch break here and you’re not making that easy

2 Likes

Yes, delay tech beats a lot (all?) the zip mixups. But she has several others.

I’m perpetually amazed at how many times I see players that are very good quick rise into the hail>zip. I think it’s just because it all happens very fast, so by the time you’ve realized you messed up it’s too late… ?

The big thing is you often only need to succeed once to stun, or almost stun.

If she sweeps you out of vanity with vt2 you just dont tech on the ground, I’m shocked most players dont know that

3 Likes

I think they do know and just forget in the moment. You need to make your tech decision pretty early. You usually don’t see the zip setup as frequently as others.

But yeah, the meaty situation is better than the left/right and has the benefit of waste Kolin Vbar.

This is true but…

I mean I have sets ups for that and I always assume they wont rise…

They don’t.

You haven’t been watching him like that then because some of his comebacks in VT2 makes you think the character is busted when it’s really just Neon being high IQ.

What’s the setup and what does it give

After medium vanity sweep light vanity>hail>VT2 dash over the hail (they gotta guess) it hits now time for more dumb shit.

I usually do this first before I ever try to establish the zippy shit because most people have seen and expect Kolin’s to do that.

Edit: Because I love Ben and I want to see him smile <3

For my benefit.

Do you mean the VT2 dash>neutral jump?

1 Like

Use your phone but it between ya thighs, no homo.

Also I didn’t know Kage could link into Super by CH stMK, kage still sucks tho.

Edit: Also I’m going to need those SIX people who clicked on the Cammy image to explain themselves. You did not click the other two but you clicked Cammy. Why did Capcom put her in SFV ffs.

heavy vanity? you don’t do heavy vanity on that setup, it’s m.vanity > sweep > hail > zip