SFV Lounge: Makoto is coming for sure. F2P definitely. RIP Pertho's doggy

I would argue that Fang carries players to an extent just for how most people dont have a clear idea on how to deal with his stuff, Falke is kinda similar.

Oddballs that you NEED MU-knowledge against tend to carry people up to a certain point. Once people know the matchup that stops entirely.

Basic, solid characters take away the need for you to learn specific stuff for your character, but takes away any surprises you might have because everyone’s gonna know the MU.

5 Likes

So I am currently in training mode with Xiaoyu in T7… Bored out of my skull, does this game have no tutorial? The fuck is a rage drive?

Pretty soon he’s going to forget all about us :disappointed_relieved:

No tutorial. Because Harada is a moron in that regard and thinks tutorials ruin everything.

Rage drives are basically beefed up moves that you only have access to when in rage, and consume rage when used. These range from being so powerful that they completely changing how you play against the character(Xiaoyu, Heihachi, Steve), to just offering slightly more damaging versions of stuff the character already has (DJin, Shaheen).

2 Likes

Does the story mode for T7 include some type of tutorial? Thought i remember hearing it had a very basic one

1 Like

Make sure to use her sexist outfits you mad lad!

1 Like

It tells you how to shoot a machine gun during a minigame as Lars.

So… kinda?

2 Likes

I did Xiaoyu’s an all whe did was glow green during a spin kick and do fuck all damage, I am clearly missing the knowledge necessary ro undertstand it’s strength, also are you always in rage once you’re low or it goes awaybwhen you do a rage whatever?

Yo bro this is god like

I’m proud of you man

1 Like

There’s no tutorial at all.

It sucks for newcomers. I’ve been playing Xiaoyu since Tekken 3 so I know her inside out. If I were to start with her in Tekken 7 i’d pull my hair out.

Xiaoyu’s rage drive is one of the best because it’s a very very fast low and you can juggle after that.

We could play some SF5 or Tekken 7 when you feel like it.

We did a couple of sets on battlelounge before and it was really smooth.

Everytime i play against Rashid

I don’t play SFV anymore tbh. If you feel like teaching me Tekken fundamentals I’m game. Mind you I’m on PC.

Kolin is fucking fair and balanced how dare you speak to me with the fucking tone you weeb!!!

Also the reason why Cammy didn’t carry me in S1 was because I sucked then more than I do now. I’m not saying you can’t have skill playing Cammy but she gets away with dumb shit because the game just lets her.

The only Cammy that I’ve fought online (not counting Doc(he gets SRK immunity) is AmigoOne) that is the only good Cammy I’ve fought. Guys like IPARRY/UNDERSCORE are all shit shit shit shit shit!!!

Im in no position to teach when i cant even korean back dash properly. Lol.

Did you just buy t7 today?

Kolin VT2 is the definition of something that can carry a weaker player though…

She gets an unseeable low launcher (almost unheard of) from a stance where she has some very powerful mids already. On top of that the damn launcher is extremely awkward to punish. It makes her one of the best comeback-characters in the game. It’s easily the best rage drive in the game.

I’ve had it for months, bought it on a sale played it never because it’s just not that interesting to me.

1 Like

I got a free copy with my Qanba Obsidian and gave it to @GetTheTables