SFV lounge: London we have a Problem X. SFV gave us the Burger King again

In my time with the President, I found that going for the uppercut only works off of stand short and up buttons, not jabs. Like you said, EX/Lvl. 3 uppercut is fine, but I typically go into dash low from jabs for consistency’s sake.

I wonder if going VT2 for the matches where it’s going to be super easy to get Presidentiality is a smart idea. You would have access to all the OD specials you get in Lvl. 3, but also be able to convert long range pokes or just add super damage to the end of combos. Might be a thing.

1 Like

Sums up this game perfectly.

1 Like

When in doubt, press buttons.

It does work from Jabs, but it’s IMMENSELY finicky. It’s actually pretty annoying because you’re Minus after Under Smash xx Charge on hit whereas you’re quite Plus with Over Smash.

Also no, VT1 would still be better there. It’s just better all around, and the times you’d want VT2 (mainly for the Armor Grab)…are the matchups where you’d get mauled and thus would need the VT1 to get Pres anyway.

Yeah I know, it’s an incredibly risky gameplan. I still think Guile’s Boom is pretty easy comparatively though, the total frame count is super low so it allows more leeway.

I’m trying to add upon things I’m slowly picking up. Like during a fireball war, dependent upon spacing it’s better to reactively clash with a fireball rather than just throw another one ASAP. EX fireballs will mess this up and beat that concept though.

And sometimes, doing completely nothing for a prolonged period of time outside of light buffering is sometimes better than even attempting to do something.

A lot to take in to be actually proficient with a fireball.

I just like VTII 'cause it turns all of his best pokes (crmk, stmk, sthk) into one-hit confirmable 200+ damage bombs into a free G Charge and you get two of 'em, on top of potentially getting two VTIIs per round

One-hit confirms are fun

Converting in neutral from big boy buttons is fun

2 Likes

You need to be One Hit Confirming with G anyway to be proficient with him.

I mean VTII makes it so you can do it from buttons that normally aren’t cancellable. Hence why I listed crmk, stmk, and sthk in particular

G has one hit confirms? None of his normals had extended cancel frames from what I tried

It felt like c.MP did, but it might be placebo.

Ocean talked about s.MP

It doesn’t have a cancel property

Definitely think G is Vs best newcomer now, I kinda don’t want him to turn into Q lmao.

He’s full of character and has a unique vibe. Menat was cool, but isn’t as unique and refreshing as G.

8 Likes

I generally agree because I think VT1 is really strong, but 2-bar VT with access to Presidential specials never hurts.

His flip kick move seems better than I thought. Lvl. 3/EX has i4-i40 projectile invulnerable, and it’s -2. The regular one is -5 but it has huge pushback and allows combos on CH. Will be good against Akuma doing air fireballs.

I see I’m going to have to teach you younglings how to play street fighter. Frost my son , I shall make a video.

18 Likes

Already watching your old Ryu guide, applying everything as we speak

Oh dang, highland is back.

So is Sagat good or not? I think he is solid at the moment. Will probably get buffs though and be hella good next season.

2 Likes

Watch the old Sagat one, honestly the video will be very similar to that. The zoning one.

I think he is good, I pretty much called it, he will be similar to SF4. Great overall but some horrid matches. I can already see some hard counters like Juri and maybe even Dhalsim. Anybody that can take his shots out of the game completely he’s going to find it hard because you can’t close ground with that dash. I think as a development, Sagat players may have to use knee’s to get around the screen, but we will see.

3 Likes

how about that long ass, cancelable st.lk? I got lit to hell and back with it yesterday. The guy I was playing is already ridiculous at whiff punishing. That button made me whiffing a button get punished in the most easy bake oven way.

Not good for Zeku with his shorty buttons.

1 Like