SFV lounge: London we have a Problem X. SFV gave us the Burger King again

Tiers either don’t matter, or mean less when:

The scrubs are doing the same shit as the pros.
The “execution” even in pro games is very low level.

By and large this is the case in sf5.

Scrub versus pro in this game is almost entirely “can I wiff punish well, like punk” or “can I 1 hit confirm well, like punk”

Other than those 2 things the games largely resemble each other. Pros play a bit slower and more footsie based, but that’s about it. I’ve played silvers that try and footsie and they do the same shit the pros are doing, but with less executional reactions.

I’ve started playing SF with CE Bison and even if he was definitely strong he was part of a stronger cast. Zoning there was real, in SFV he could just dash through fireballs. A-Bison was something until Zero 3, then V-ism becomes too hard to pass. The ignorance you’re talking about could be extended to every character in the game including the actual top tiers. Tokido is far from ignorant and despite the uncontestable Problem X skill he got hit by things we all know online.

Bison being bottom tier in S1 is a long shot, definitely he wasn’t with the plethora of +oB shit he had. Crybabies allowed Bison to rise up in ranks and most of 'em were Bison players.

I wonder if that’s intentional.

If you think about it, real life sports are more often a contest of form and consistency. Strategy, while also important, often takes second place to the above.

So it would make sense that SFV, being the first SF designed with E-sports in mind, rewards consistency and good form more than any other SF before it.

Hence why peak Punk , peak Tokido and peak Fujimura are so amazing to watch, and the word “clean” is so frequently used to describe good play, in this game.

There’s no athletic ability required for eSports so it’s not really a fair comparison.

1 Like

Tiers alway matter, it’s just that different level of skill have different tiers but in a game like SFV you don’t really need to get that high to see tournament tiers becoming prevalent online

Mental toughness and stamina tend to be regarded as part of “athletic ability”.

There’s a good discussion by Gamerbee (credits to Carzydog1987 for the transcription) where he basically concludes that mental toughness is the biggest requirement for pro players to succeed in SFV.

2 Likes

Not exactly eSports, but Magnus Carlsen seems to spend more time on physical exercise than chess study, because being in good physical shape helps his game. Makes it easier to stay concentrated over long periods of time.

3 Likes

I wrote this big thing but naw, suffice to say it takes way, way, way more fucking time to learn and research, and then produce a video. I basically no longer have any free time. Maybe if I was a reaction video channel like some certain people, but I am not.

10 Likes

Although its worth it cause https://teespring.com/stores/rooflemonger

I’ve sold like, 50 of those fat monkey broly shirts

50 people have willingly bought my plague and introduced it into the world

12 Likes

You’re the stuff the legends. <3

1 Like

It’s post 5,000.

It’s time for another one

don’t u dare…

2 Likes

I got 3 kids and a full time job. Although you churn shit out pretty heavy.

Also mental toughness is not the same. I’m mentally tough, that doesn’t make me a pro. I think honestly for FGs it’s volume and quality opposition. Fuudo, Bonchan, Daigo , Tokido and the likes are always playing each other whilst the Americans are calling themselves “the best Zeku in the world” one week then quitting the next.

2 Likes

I’m still surprised how much people believed in X-Kira claims. Outside data mining the game files he has no insiders in Capcom, so every character ‘leak’ from him is BS, just sayin’.

The best Zeku meme and his origins were sad. With Capcom Cup coming soon they have better to do instead of wasting their time.

2 Likes

2 Likes

SC6 beta moved back a day

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

it didn’t unless you are looking at some euro or japanese tweet cause they are in the future over there

1 Like

Guess I’ll just have to 2018 Double Dare

Thread Closed

NEW

1 Like