SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

I’ve always thought that instead of a Marvel game it shouldve been a Capcom all star fighter, keep the gameplay but just have capcom characters and then the game wouldnt have the Marvel meddling bs

3 Likes

I would really like a Capcom all stars, they have loads of characters so no need to get from other franchises.

I still want a new Xmen vs SF though.

4 Likes

Capcom Vs Capcom has been what people have been asking for for years now. After UMVC3 people could see the writing on the wall and everyone knew Disney was putting a choke hold on Mahvel shit because of the MCU. CvC makes the most sense especially since it can be in-house and they don’t have to worry about their own IP’s outside of maybe Monster Hunter.

6 Likes

Same. Capcom All-Stars would be perfect. That way, there’s no stupid licensing restriction that’ll prevent them from updating their own game. If they decided to pair with Marvel (MVC4 is one of those rumors out there) again, at least they wouldn’t have to deal with the stupid X-Men/F4 ban since that’s over.

4 Likes

I don’t think Capcom all stars would’ve been nearly as popular as MvC. It would just seem like a poor mans marvel, especially if it played the same. It also would be redundant for the casual audience since Capcom is getting love in Smash no?

If Capcom is gonna make a fighter based on its own IP why not just drop a new Darkstalkers?

An X-Men fighting game would be fantastic btw.It’s own thing.

I would totally main Gambit.

5 Likes

Yeah MVCI deserve better.

The lack of Xmen as people look at it isn’t that bad, the crucial part was on how the interview went through and the problems with the facial details that storms the internet and gave it a bad prep regardless how interesting the game-play mechanics is.

I want Capcom All Star game if we cannot get another CVS2 or MVC title.

1 Like

Nah man, the lack of X Men was a big blow if not the biggest blows in my opinion.

How the hell don’t you have Wolverine and Storm.That’s just wrong.It’s almost like SF without Ryu.

Going from FB interview, https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=2059818764116285

Basically MK11’s mission statement is now to fully become a game about Neutral, footsies, pokes, counterpokes basically. Age of 50/50 into combo is gone.

Man I wish other people made games about footsies pokes and counterpokes would be cool, maybe sf6 will be about that :octopus:

8 Likes

No X-Men was awful. Omitting the most popular Capcom characters and only adding 2 (Jedah and X) was also dumb. It’s like they held characters like Wesker, Vergil, Akuma, Ammy, and many others back for future DLC or something. The decisions made around that game were mind-blowingly bad.

2 Likes

I miss the times where endings were like this and when it was more then enough to feel satisfied.

The ending theme is superb.

4 Likes

SF3 sprites can’t even compete

hnggg

5 Likes

sure thing

They probably planned it in DLC(Xmen), You know some people in Capcom might be a risk taker trying to gamble on such. Like SFXTK un-optimize gems sets and SFV vanilla contents.

We can also add DBFZ to the mix of it’s failure, which have MVC3 popular surface level gameplay mechanics along with Xrd visuals that claims the casual audience, and crown by the mainstream as the fighting game of the year.

It was a literal karmic doom for MVCi that time. I like MVCi more than DBFZ.

Hop on and send invite whenever

Maybe it’s an unpopular opinion but I would had liked DBFZ to be a 1v1 game not 3v3 team.

Still it’s a great game and i’m glad it was a success and did the Dragon Ball franchise justice.

Add Master Roshi already though…like really.

8 Likes

@TWINBLADES

What do Kolin’s matchups look like? Specifically against grapplers and Ryu/guile/Sagat.

At this point the only characters I haven’t played are Kolin, Falke, Ed, blanka and Abigail. I refuse to buy the last two.

You worship a false god my friend

3 Likes

Kolin used to have 6-4s into good fireballs, but with VT2 they’ve gone around 5-5 even with Ryus power boost and Sags good plasma.

She can just do the ice slide thingy, or the icicle stabby to bulldog her way in past fireballs now.

1 Like

This has been discussed a million times but because I love doing these…

Why Capcom will not bring back Darkstlakers 2019 Ver.

1. Because it’s a huge undertaking not comparable to a mainline SF or even Vs game
  2. Because they already tried to revive it and it sold way under what they wanted
  3. Because it’s easier to pimp out the girls from the game through various crossovers than make a new installment
  4. Because no one cares about Darkstalkers for the game play they just like the girls (This is also evident by the fact that my Twitter timeline is filled with Morrigan art despite there not being a new Darkstalkers games in like 22 years.
1 Like