SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

That explains most of the younger/casual 3S base also. They love 3S but then comes port time and they want 4th Strike instead of 3rd Strike.

1 Like

It’s almost like gasp… it took many years for the meta to develop for ST. As someone who is part of that under 25 category, I hate it how people cry for patches or buffs or nerfs but can’t just accept things for the way they are. People who just sit there and keep playing the game for whatever reason but have endless amounts of bitching available. Like, just leave bro lol

1 Like

4th Strike is da shit fam.
Look how great ma Top Tier Twelve is yo.
Look at ma mad zoning skills.
gets parried
Dude fuck this game and fuck parry, remove that shit yo!
Thats no balanced, Capcom nerf that!

3 Likes

As of today I’m a month off SFV and I don’t miss it and this sentence is one major reason why.

That other post starting with ‘fuck’ and ending with ‘Rashid’ is another big reason.

Wonder how I’ll think about it when S4 finally starts.

I don’t believe you are capable of grinning.

Only grumping.

I am sorry to hear that. I don’t know what the solution is. IIRC you can’t receive prize money in Brazil. Plus weren’t there Visa shenanigans for non Brazilian players last year? Is there another country that could serve as host that isn’t DR, PR, or Brazil?

1 Like

So, thats literally 80% of the SFV players and half of this forum.

I mean, I’m just here for entertainment and to bath in this pool of hypocritsm.
Also, Jin is one of the few people who understand my sarcasm, thats a plus.

1 Like

Winning is about winning, not fun. You can only have fun in fighting games if you play some cute shit irrelevant character and go hah hah hee hee when you lose.

I didn’t say that, I only agreed.

(Watch out, I’m a born politician.)

Getting the regional finals out of Brazil was the right thing to do.
Putting it in US territory where an US business Visa is required and far, far away from most of the South America countries, not so much.

Argentina, Peru, Chile could all be options.

The DR premier is nice and all but it will benefit NA players more than LATAM players as well.

So, it will be unlikely that there will be a player from South America at Capcom Cup this year.

I would always be in favor of an improved version of an older game, with the caveat that you could revert back if needed.

We’ve complained recently about games dieing because they were “just one patch away”, so it seems disingenuous to then turn around and say “never touch the game or it will ruin them”.

1 Like

Marvel 3 was one of those games that was one patch away from being a bit better than it was.

As for ST and 3S, those games are basically religion so the effort to make them any better is way too much effort for low reward compared to what is already gotten from those games the way they are.

2 Likes

You are not wrong with that statement.

Stay free Srk.

Those bloody whippersnappers always wanting to meddle with perfection.
ST needs no adjustments and I say that as a ST Gief main!

3S shouldn’t be touched as well, unless if it was to nerf Sean completely out of the game for the crimes of allowing Laura to be designed for SFV.

2 Likes

Oh I agree it isn’t worth the effort.

But if it were an option, I would take it most every time.

I would love a new 3S port to have an option to play with the 4S patch (I realize there are many reasons the won’t happen).

2 Likes

I just ran a good as comeback with my hour 1 Kolin.

Yes it was Gold. Yes I played like shit. Idec i was literally yelling at the tv

3 Likes

May you only run into Laura player’s online with @Twinblades WiFi for you hatred of the cannonball kid. Release a new version of 3S. Delete 3s, Sean replace him with his 2i version, and add Laura just too because I want to see Idom cause cardiac arrest with parries and Makoto style TOD combos. Street Fighter 3 ThreeXSalt: Sodium for the Rage. Make it happen Capcom

He was the first one telling SF5 players to get on Inj2 because it had zoning and footsies.

Sajam can shut the fuck up.

Also the term neutral is a misnomer because it only a really applies at the beginning of the match. After that characters are in different positions at all time. Some closer to the corner than the other, extremely far away on opposite ends etc. FG nomenclature hasn’t done a good job of conceptualizing space and breaking it down. Just default to neutral at all time seems goofy.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the problem with MKX because it was just overhead low mixup all day? Run seemed to make the situations happen more often to if I recall correctly. We live in a real crazy world with these fighting game moguls running amok.

Blaaaahhh selling people on honesty and then when it’s not really that honest go “eh fuck it we don’t need to be honest”.

Walk and Block Kombat 11 has me interested enough to play it for a few days though. Rollback netcode might as well.