SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

What kind of dumb shit are you spewing!? Lmao

Yes I forgot, the definition of neutral in SF, is two karate dudes throwing fireballs at each other.
Excuse me.

Isnt there some kind of anime forum to go to. For a guy that seems to not like any modern sf games you spend a lot of time hanging where people discuss modern sf games

1 Like

Well i went to my local, played Rashid guy, I wanted to play KoF but he was the only one available, went 10-8 with my favour with Juri and wanted to quit because I was fucking angry at how comeone that plays 0 neutral can still muster wins by wiffing lights and still beating a 5 frame medium attempt at a wiff punish with c.HP and then turn oki into a game because I dared to guess wrong twice.
Played Chun after for 3 games and I just couldn’t take it anymore, got up, told him look, I fucking hate playing this game (i would have added that watching him play the way he plays was just making me nauseated but A. He would have not understood B. I am a nice person)
Anyway I just can’t play this game anymore, iylt gives me no joy. I am winning and I am bored, I lose and I can see how I am getting destroyed by bullshit. For fuck sake I won 10 games because I am adapting to what this dude does and dismantling it and he keeps doing the same exact stuff over and over. I could literally see him making no adjustments to his offense and still get games.
I am there varying my offense and adapting my defense and he is just there learning fuck all.

2 Likes

Are we really saying DR and PR aren’t LATAM now? At least players can actually be paid for placing high now. Last year LATAM had no premiere events.

1 Like

you’re kinda asking for it by playing Chun amd Juri tho

Not saying Rashid isn’t dumb, nor saying that SFV I s good… but that is pretty much how you would expect a matchup between a high tier rushdown character and a lower tier character to look in pretty well any game.

Fuck Rashid

8 Likes

The problem is not about the matchup being bad, the problem is the fact that winning a matchup that is not good gives me no satisfaction, no happiness, no joy. I am sitting there bored if not annoyed by the fact that I am playing the game.

Chun-Li is pretty tough in this game. I wouldn’t dwell on it too much that you lost as many games as you did against someone playing casually(?). Probably why you only ever see MOV and Ricki play her anymore at the big tournaments.

That’s going to happen in every game. If they’re a scrub they’re going to keep scrubbing. Fuck learning.

2 Likes

Agreed.

I would argue that for a character that breaks so many rules… I would rather him be on the weaker end than the stronger.

He plays by his own rules and it’s endlessly frustrating that often times his rules are better.

Also, Sajam doesn’t respect footsies or whiff punishing. He’s trying to keep the NRS in NRS and wants faster dashes and says nobody cares about honesty.

We must stop him before NK11 doesn’t have the honest neutral we are looking for anymore.

Seeing how most guys in here just shit on the game in various ways.
And the last one too.

I don’t see how I’m out of place.

The difference is nobody here likes you

1 Like

Sajam always with the interesting takes. I think he said Super Turbo was a bad game once? (Or something along those lines.)

1 Like

Is that… is that true?
Nice, then i’m perfect being here!

One more reason to camp here and not move on.

18031313_p5_master1200

Super Turbo is basically a bad game to anyone under the age of 25. I still watch tourneys for it regularly on the SSF2T Youtube channel from Japan and I just look at it like “yeah none of the young pad warriors would wanna deal with this bullshit”

2 Likes

Flying from Brazil to Puerto Rico costs 700 USD sans taxes and lodging expenses.
Minimum wage is 260 USD in Brazil.
There are NO sponsors or teams with resources to fly players there nor no big name Brazilian player with a sponsor.

Plus, visa expenses will have to be taken into account.
It will be very unlikely to see anyone from South America at the Regional Finals.
Some of the top 8 placing players will likely have no means to go there compete.

So, it is pretty much the same as if they weren’t LATAM.

1 Like

Yeah ST sucks, game hasn’t been rebalanced for the last 25 years or so.
Same Top Tier still broken, low tiers are trash. Capcom does a horrible job at this game.
No big hurtboxes, no divekicks, no Yun, no Aegis Reflector, only Zoner get projectile invincible stuff.
It’s a terrible game man, they should finaly do something about the Meta and nerf everyone and everything for modern standards.

And yes I had a giant grin on my face, while writing this.

1 Like