SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

VRs can kill through armoured moves, Tokido V-Skill OS’d the VR and died for it. He probably just forgot that could happen.

3 Likes

GG’s, and no problem.

Anyone can look if they want, but even from my side inexperience and impatience are my biggest issues at the moment. No Ed I’ve played has ever made me deal with his normals before so I was kinda trying to figure that out on the fly.

1 Like

beating Ed’s cr.mp is pretty hard, I’ve had major issues tryna work my way around it in the midrange. Good thing is that it’s not confirmable so it goes nowhere the way Will uses it anyway

Yes but the I’m a little bit in the same boat in that regard with Kolin. Maybe I just suck, but her normals never seem to fair super well in footsies. Unless there is some way to hit-confirm off her sHP CC that I’m unaware of.

I was trying to force a panic from Akhos (i figured my best bet to win was just to create in uncomfortable/scrubby/sloppy situation), but the few times I managed to provoke him, I fucked up and didn’t capitalize.

Sthp is confirmable with or without CC so it doesn’t really matter, just do HP.Para

If you’re on Kolin you won’t need more than crmk, sthp and stlk to play around Eds midrange

I guess I need more practice then, I was having trouble confirming it (training mode time).

She has some of the best ground buttons in the game for sure and also has tools to counter buttons. She gets the best of both worlds where she can throw around good buttons and blow up abuse of other good buttons. Unless you’re fighting like Gief or Birdie you should be able to fare pretty well footsie wise vs everyone else.

Ground game should consist of sthp to poke and confirm into EX Para, crmk to stop walking and secure advantage, stlk to whiff punish and a lot of crlp xx EX Para buffering to dissuade dashing.

Her crlk is good for wakeup pressure when you expect walk back, and stmp is a good whiff punisher but it’s not necessary unless you’re meterless.

The rest is simple enough, crmp and stlp for pressure, mix in throws and shimmies.

1 Like

In training mode now. The cancel window on her sHP is actually alot bigger than I thought. Also, It seems you can just OS the hitconfirm, no reactions required… so I’m gonna try to get that in muscle memory. If I would have actually got knockdowns reliably off the CC’s I would have faired much better.

I usually do fine with sLK for wiff punishing, but was having enough trouble tonight that I gave up on it. That probably just comes down to a severe lack of experience on my part, I’ve only really had about 4 solid play session on this game so far, so i’m still stitching some of the ranges and stuff together.

I seriously appreciate any and all advice.

You can OS the hit confirm only on CC, same goes for every CC in the game

1 Like

Did not know that, but that makes sense now that I’m practicing it.

I don’t wannaaa

That’s what my direct competitors already do don’t need to go on their turf

Well on that im in a rock in a hard place

1. I record all the big streams that might have trailers, so I can steal the trailer and put it up right away :blush:
  2. I have already gone on record multiple times priding myself on not doing reactions so can’t exactly do it now. I do trailer breakdowns/analysis or whatever, WITH A VERY HIGH DEGREE OF ACCURACY THAT CERTAIN IMPORTANT SRK SITE PEOPLE CALLED ME OUT ON TWITTER SAYING “NO WAY HE CAN KNOW WHAT HE’S TALKING ABOUT EARLY ON” AND THEN IM 100% RIGHT EVERY TIME SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH, so those are good enough I guess? I just don’t get hype in a way that people want in reaction videos.

Last time I got super hype was DoA6 being announced and I almost punched a hole in my wall(cause everyone thought franchise was dead after that one tournament and the guy crying) but that was true hype not sit infront of a camera compose myself, hit record kind of bullshit.

4 Likes

all those words too long have some pictures

10 Likes

Any insight for Bonchan using VT1 for Sagat? Is it a matchup thing? I noticed he still goes VT2 for the top tiers but uses VT1 for… umm the other characters. Or is he just experimenting with VT1

Think he’s experimenting, cause that’s what I’m doing, but as good as V1 is, you just don’t get as many chances to do something with it.

I think as Sagat players using it more like Akuma ( only cancel from a fireball) might train us to use it better, since the FB on hit or block is advantage Sagat after a dash up.

At the moment a lot of us are still using the “poke xx trigger” which I think is the wrong way to use it.

1 Like

Maintenance coming on Tuesday. New DLC characters are finally coming.

1 Like

I think you mean outfits

1 Like

The CPT meta will soon be shaped by none other than Lord Byron himself…

4 Likes

Maybe they’ll fix this shit net code , has to be this time right boys!

4 Likes

That’s what X Kira said was coming.

2 Likes