SFV Lounge: Ken is high mid. Kage is barely mid. F2P still coming

so, what makes Alex bad in SFV? Just the lack of a 3 frames and a reversal?
the no oki CG?

Bad in SFV is relative. He’s a threat, he just is lacking meta tools that are important. Like G he either has a good day or really bad one because of his design. Like a lot of the other lower cast his buffs mainly just make him better at what he’s good at, but don’t help him in the overall meta.

2 Likes

but what does he lack exactly? an ex move with armor from the first frame? What makes him worse than other hybrid grapplers?

No 3 frame jab like Laura and Mika hurts. 3 frame jab lets you escape frame traps that you have to hold otherwise. He needs to get in but can only mainly continue oki from bnbs so it’s a bit safer to block him down than other CGers. He has setups off his command grab but they all require more conditioning and aren’t as true/auto pilot as Mika/Birdie stuff.

Birdie as another example has frame one armor stuff that allows him to force you to limit your offensive decisions as well. Plus neutral defensive options like banana and can that once are out you have to change your gameplan to have a shot at hitting him.

VT1 gives him something that shores up his defensive issues a bit, but he has to build for it and in this game you’ve probably already burned V Reversal or are pretty low on health if you have Alex’s defensive options before trigger. His AA is also still kinda sketch in a game where the top cast pretty much all have go to reliable AAs.

Either way he’s still a threat and you better be at least a little bit scared if you find a good Alex at a tournament.

1 Like

He has a really good aa though, the move where he goes up and hits you with the shoulder can’t be beaten by any jump in that I could see.

All the pizza talk got me in the mood. Gonna be fat today :pizza:

4 Likes

This new microswitches lever that they sent to replace the defective one is pretty decent. I can use it even with a wimpy 2lbs spring!

At least one slice there looks good~

1 Like

Ryu players are the worst scumbags out there, they are aware of how fucking busted their character dash is online and abuse it to no end

1 Like

Nothing wrong with liking cheese pizza, as long as it’s quality. More complex doesn’t necessarily mean better.

1 Like

I don’t know how much money they paid this guy, but man it better had been a lot.

who is playing my dudes I want to shit on someone, send me a sacrifice.

Lmao…the internet man…the internet.

6 Likes

April can’t come soon enough. Too bad I’ll be working and studying for the next two years.

1 Like

Actually I been to Italy, in both the city and the country. The food blows anything away just from a pure freshness point. Feels like it’s just been baked 3 minutes before you got it.

America has hooters though so there that.

5 Likes

I’ve heard the food isn’t that great there though

I’m Gona answer this from my view point.

Since he has no loop and V reversal kills his lariet pressure, he’s just kinda got to keep guessing with his long ass moves that are neg on block so he pretty much loses a turn if you block anything but lariet.

AA a but crappy.

Basically he’s not subtle. He’s just a tank flying about the screen hoping to get lucky. I mean he can end you, but it’s probably because you took some random stomp followed by some rando lariet sequence. I just find his play very binary.

Do this or this. Do this or this. Do this or this etc…

2 Likes

No it’s shocking but the tits are great!

(Italian women again though, pfffwhoa, tiny bodies big tits, like some kind of genetic experiment they won’t share).

8 Likes

I mean I wouldn’t have a chance with any of them so I don’t really take that into account XP

You have to go to Prague then.
They have great food, everything is cheap, the best lager in the world…and hooters if you like that.
Czech women are gorgeous.

3 Likes